Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What would happen if bay12 ran a government  (Read 11240 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: What would happen if bay12 ran a government
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 08:57:50 am »

Politics would consist of endless lively debates, occasional fistfights, and every now and then a giant amphibian coming in and swallowing a representative whole.
Dear God, this would improve American politics immensely. For one, people would actually watch C-SPAN, if for no other reason than to see who got eaten today.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 09:11:55 am »

I propose the creation of a dank memecracy. All further proposals must be contained within shitposts. All in favour of this motion say 'aye'.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 09:47:58 am »

NernernernernernernernernernernernernernernerAyenernernernernernernernernernernernerner
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 01:56:28 pm »

Probably there would be sweeping attempts made at restructuring the political system and bureaucracy by the tiny minority of Bay12 users who actually care about politics, but they'd be made too fast and somewhat haphazardly, with little attention paid to popular opinion, and the whole thing would fall apart into a mess of assassination, fistfighting, and (now much more literal) toadhammering. Either that, or the whole state will run as before but Toady One gets a multimillion dollar grant through the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »

Politics would consist of endless lively debates, occasional fistfights, and every now and then a giant amphibian coming in and swallowing a representative whole.
Dear God, this would improve American politics immensely. For one, people would actually watch C-SPAN, if for no other reason than to see who got eaten today.
What's the point when that one idle tiger man who hangs around the meeting zone always wins every election

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 06:28:37 pm »

I propose the creation of a dank memecracy.
What would our diplomatic stance towards Kekistan be?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 06:30:16 pm »

You rang?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 07:01:10 pm »

I would immediately begin maneuvering to increase my own personal power and prestige. And also money.

In fact I'd say our first act should be to get control or rights over something we can be bribed about. Later we can have long debates about whether or not to use or abuse our power.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:29:05 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 12:37:21 am »

Again: SWORDS FOR EVERYONE.

Yes, literally everyone.

Yes, literally literally.

Yes, even if you don't want a sword, it's my first step towards better gun control: learn how to use a sword, you have to be REALLY fucking mad to want to shank someone with a sword, they're scary, it's difficult, and you gotta be up close.

Yes, I said gun control, the improved coordination and such from practicing with a sword will help when you move on to learning how to assume a proper stance and learning breathing exercises are all important when properly controlling your gun, I don't know why this is so difficult but hey if I can use it as an excuse to equip children with swords we're one step closer to grade school gladiator battles uh... I mean... reduced gun crime?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 03:27:07 am »

You'll get my vote if you give me a greatsword or at least bastard sword!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 03:49:46 am »

DONE!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 03:55:08 am »

What's the point when that one idle tiger man who hangs around the meeting zone always wins every election
Sigged.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 05:58:23 am »

We are willing to deal with them if they are willing to deal with us. We will put Bay12 first. When I look at it I see great potential. Great potential. We will make Bay12 great again.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 07:12:49 am »

DONE!

That's a 1+ for your candidature from me.

Since no one has claimed state's forestry, I'm goin to claim it. First thing I'm going to change: All lumberjacks are obliged to use swords from MaxTM. That's a free equipment over there! I'll also probably add some things to get a well balanced forest management sooner or later.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 07:17:23 am »

I claim the ministry of Truth. Don't worry. As long as you all behave, I won't deny your existence.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4