Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.  (Read 52339 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2017, 08:47:25 pm »

28th of Malachite: Our Merciful Queen demands an Iron Armour stand in her quarters, for... some reason. But the tainted evil of the forge has no sway here, so she'll have to do without.

"You dare deny the request of your queen?" The mad monarch scowled. "Perhaps you were not as wise as I thought. But nevermind that, I have a new mandate for you," at this she leaned forward with a maniacal grin, "a gabbro coffin, to be placed in the quarters of Doctor Sock."

Yes I like roleplaying, why do you ask?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2017, 09:04:44 pm »

I don't know if it makes you feel better or worse, but it was beaten almost to death by the dwarf that released it, it was pretty pathetic. We still have one more, with webs, which we can use later if we want.
Oh. Then it deserved to die.
It wasn't even worthy of being forced into a 1x1 room as a trophy.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2017, 05:18:02 pm »

Part 3, coming right up:

Journal entry 716: The queen gave me a very... distressing order last night. While she took the news that her armour stand could not be made due to the laws placed by our Scholar Zazquill and HERSELF well, she instead demanded I create a tomb for my beloved husband Doctor Sock in case an "unfortunate accident" would befall him. I have long since been used to her jokes, long ago there was little a time when she did not jape and giggle at our elders and the nobles, with their games and their wars. But now she was an elder and a noble with her own games and wars, and the line between jape and murder was a line she was happy to blur. Suffice to say, telling Sock about our job tomorrow has put us both in a bad mood. Times like this make me almost hate being a royalist... and a loyal friend...
*Entry over*
2nd of Limestone: My secret project will have to wait as I have been instructed to create a tomb for my beloved. Production will continue soon .
9th of Limestone: Ok, secret project can continue, mine and Sock's graves have figuratively and literally been dug :(
14th of Limestone: The traders are here, hopefully they can help me save some time...
23rd of limestone: Secret projects final stages are underway, our the traders, hearing my plight were able to provide several of the items I was unable to craft. More good news, Puppyguards quarters are complete and he is happy, hopefully managing to return our hierarchy to a peaceful state. I've seen some bad looks from the queen in my direction though. I hope she's not thinking i'm choosing sides...

2nd of Sandstone: Our Giant Cave Spiders are becoming increasing agitated by being kept in cages, they are beginning to kill and eat each other. I'll begin carving out an area for them. While I can't stand their disgusting form or their ability to turn my loved ones into mummified shells, being trapped in cages forever is still a horrible fate. Curse my empathy for these monsters.
11th of Sandstone: And thus, the merchants, who feel like my only allies, have left. I wish them well, but now with them gone, our queen is free to commit as many "accidents" as she wishes, without and witnesses. I pray my creation of Pup's quarters have not invited an accident upon me and Sock.  :-X
4th of Timber: The spider pit is almost complete

Hopefully we'll have less spider cannibalism now
14th of Timber: Some naked mole dog puppies have just been born. Where you ask? Here:

In our main water supply....
Guess i'll be drinking ale for a while...

Final part coming soon fam, stay tuned for the EPIC ENDING

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2017, 07:06:19 pm »

I have a feeling that your, "secret project" is a pit you'll dump me in. Your queen is not amused.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2017, 10:29:15 pm »

That's some nice drama.

And poor spiders, they're disfigured into misshapen ís... Somebody didn't reset the tileset before uploading to you.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2017, 09:31:00 am »

That's some nice drama.

And poor spiders, they're disfigured into misshapen ís... Somebody didn't reset the tileset before uploading to you.

Um... define reset?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2017, 02:09:15 pm »

Um... define reset?
Change back to ASCII after changing it to Phoebus or whatever it is supposed to be in Alpha Loves You save.

Though it occurs to me that this is quite a misnomer if fort was started in whatever tileset it is supposed to be. 

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2017, 03:06:37 pm »

Um... define reset?
Change back to ASCII after changing it to Phoebus or whatever it is supposed to be in Alpha Loves You save.

Though it occurs to me that this is quite a misnomer if fort was started in whatever tileset it is supposed to be.

...I just use ASCII always.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »

every time I play we have a new problem with the fort.
I have no idea how bad a tileset problem is, but I can dump the saves here and leave the fort if it's a problem.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2017, 03:41:18 pm »

every time I play we have a new problem with the fort.
I have no idea how bad a tileset problem is, but I can dump the saves here and leave the fort if it's a problem.

Not necessary. It's just a tileset problem. What's the worst that could happen?

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2017, 05:56:20 pm »

Yeah, sorry, I have never reset tileset to ASCII since we didn't have any agreement for that, and I also thought that people are ok to switch to whatever tileset they want...

I will do in future, if most of people prefer to play in ASCII.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2017, 07:24:06 pm »

Yeah, sorry, I have never reset tileset to ASCII since we didn't have any agreement for that, and I also thought that people are ok to switch to whatever tileset they want...

Don't worry about it, its fine

I kind of like the lore of the fortress being that the GCS were so misshapen due to the rooms they're born "I" shaped anyway.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2017, 08:26:14 pm »

Don't worry about it, its fine

I kind of like the lore of the fortress being that the GCS were so misshapen due to the rooms they're born "I" shaped anyway.

If you're still using the breeding chamber I built for them, then we can just blame the mad queen.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2017, 12:40:15 pm »

Sorry about the wait fam, work has been pretty bad lately, the final season will be uploaded tomorrow.
Sorry for everyone waiting for a turn

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2017, 01:33:45 pm »

Sorry about the wait fam, work has been pretty bad lately, the final season will be uploaded tomorrow.
Sorry for everyone waiting for a turn

Again, did you see how long me and Hun took?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27