Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.  (Read 52441 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2017, 12:36:56 am »

Silly bloop_bleep*. You need to build a floor on top of the downstair, then build the door, then remove the floor. You can't go straight on top of downstair!

Though, doors on top of downstairs are not that useful for dwarves, behaving kinda like hatches that also block horizontal travel over them when locked.

And, aw, you're in that mess of building walls 1 at time. Un-fun-fun...Perhaps could create a script that suspended walls that would block things further from being constructed.

Your mechanic sweatshop is an unexpected solution, though I'd suggest making it more vertical and have more than 1-wide entrance for 72 dwarves is probably going to hurt fps. Didn't think you'd get 700 mechanisms in your remaining time with 1 shop, but somehow it didn't occur to me that one can have more than 1.

RE:pikachu

Mmm. Tried chaining them up?

* Said in jest, not actually meaning it.

Shit. Well, my OCD would be calmer if I kept it consistent, so I'll just keep doing the walls.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2017, 11:22:44 am »

* Moonstone_Flower pokes the thread with a piezoelectric speaker.

Here's hoping everything's fine.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2017, 01:23:20 pm »

Okay so what's going on right now bloop_bleep? Anything new you want to report?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »

Sorry, was pretty busy lately, and the game crashed once setting me back by 2 months, so progress has been pretty slow.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through winter. Update soon.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 07, 2017, 06:20:01 pm »

Sorry, was pretty busy lately, and the game crashed once setting me back by 2 months, so progress has been pretty slow.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through winter. Update soon.

Cool. Just like making sure this community fort isn't, you know, dying or dead.

Hmm... idea, how about the next one have a 1 week time limit, so everyone gets to do as much as they can in one week?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 08, 2017, 10:26:46 am »

Well, that is how most community fortresses do it, unless you mean a in-game week.
I'd be fine with one real week to do it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 08, 2017, 01:30:34 pm »

Well, that is how most community fortresses do it, unless you mean a in-game week.

I think he means that everyone gets to perform as much as they can (perhaps greater than a year) as long as they hand their save in on time. I might be wrong though.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2017, 01:54:42 pm »

I think he means that everyone gets to perform as much as they can (perhaps greater than a year) as long as they hand their save in on time. I might be wrong though.

That's exactly what I mean!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2017, 07:57:36 pm »

That's exactly what I mean!

That sounds interesting, in theory, but it could cause things to run quite slowly - and, worse, can lead to burn-out for some players.  Maybe set a maximum in-game time limit, something like three or four years?  If you're not setting a maximum on game time, I'd suggest lowering the outerworld time to three or four days.

What would the "thing" be for the next one?  Currently we have "no forges"...  I forgot the previous one.

P.S.  Ah, there was one succession game that did this, but with an allotted time of one day.

P.P.S.  Not opposed, just offering unsolicited input in True Arse Fashion.
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2017, 08:17:32 pm »

I know we're adding some mods, What Lurks Below and Fortress Defense were the two we were using I think.

But a challenge could be added as well so I'm into suggestions.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 08, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »

What would the "thing" be for the next one?  Currently we have "no forges"...  I forgot the previous one.

Last thing was "no mechanisms." Was called Flamehorses for the volcano. Next thing could be making an entirely above-ground (or at least no revealed Dark tiles) fort like with Ineth Zafal. Or perhaps with no restrictions but a definite goal, like making the greatest library in the world; I don't know for certain.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 09, 2017, 01:39:56 am »

* Moonstone_Flower facepalms hard

That's right, I'd forgotten about the mods already.  I'm bloody thick sometimes.

Library sounds interesting!  I remember reading Breadbowl as it was going.  Inverse-pyramid tower fortress is a possibility as well.  *Drools*  Underground used only for excavation, materials, and storage, perhaps?
Grand Master Depressive
I am a delicate flower!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2017, 01:45:14 am »

@Moonstone_Flower: For what's it is worth, in Succession World the rule of 1 week no in-game limit resulted in mostly shorter (than 1 year) adventure and fort mode turns, though Sanctume and I both used several years for our forts.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2017, 04:55:32 pm »

Last thing was "no mechanisms." Was called Flamehorses for the volcano. Next thing could be making an entirely above-ground (or at least no revealed Dark tiles) fort like with Ineth Zafal. Or perhaps with no restrictions but a definite goal, like making the greatest library in the world; I don't know for certain.
No picks? Or no cutting down of trees?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2017, 05:29:15 pm »

No picks is fine by me. I wouldn't like no tree-cutting though since I wouldn't be able to make my dwarfy contraptions without axles  :P
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27