Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.  (Read 52221 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 01:20:24 pm »

I can't make it right now.

Got it. Do you happen to be available, Alpha Loves You?
Baby you know it.
Hopefully I'll be able to start Wednesday, that OK?

Yup. Have fun!

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 04:23:59 pm »

Prepare your butts fam

1st of Granite: Wow, you guys have really left me in the thick of it haven't you? This siege looks tough, best to leave it alone for now.

7th of Granite: Whoever invented the "Lemme smash" device deserves a big hug, we destroyed a 60 unit strong zombie army with only 3 causalities (mercs who arrived and were devoured by the hoard)
27th of Granite: So... Many... Petitions....
Also we're out of booze, time to make some more
19th of Slate: for some reason the well dried up, I built another and left some cage traps around it just in case.
26th of Slate:

DEAR GOD!!!
1st of Felsite: So our "Human" invader has been bravely felled in combat via Axe to the chest. I assume that she was a warebeast that was only spotted once she turned back into a human. So mission accomplished Warebeast!
16th of Felsite: A mook was brutally murdered by one of our mercs for no reason, I think it was disobeying orders but still. R.I.P
Also, a Human consort arrived through the cavern layer, he was then brutally murdered by Troglodytes. This fortress is a real mystery.
9th of Hematite: The human traders have arrived, lets see what they brought.
14th of Hematite: I bough some food, cloth, and yarn, which we desperately needed because Puppyguard is making an artefact needing yarn.
19th of Hematite:

By PuppyGuard
17th of Malachite: I think it was long past time that Our beautiful and merciful queen got her noble rooms before she ordered my execution had a quiet word with us.

I'll finish the year off tomorrow, until then guys

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2017, 04:30:38 pm »

Yeah... sorry about that Alpha.

Also, I've heard of werebeasts arriving in human form before, but this is the only time I've actually seen it. Well, not seen it, but you know what I mean. That's two werebeasts in the world down.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2017, 04:57:25 pm »

Yeah... sorry about that Alpha.

Also, I've heard of werebeasts arriving in human form before, but this is the only time I've actually seen it. Well, not seen it, but you know what I mean. That's two werebeasts in the world down.

Meh, don't worry about it, using the Lemme Smash was more then worth it.
Hopefully we get to use it on more stuff, because undead sieges and ware beasts aren't going to cut it anymore

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 01:47:01 pm »

does the cave-in trap deconstruct cage traps under it? or can we cage the beasts and release them other places? 

in a related note, if a building destroyer destroyed a built cage full of cats, does it release the cats?

i'm a big foggy on the mechanics of the forgotten beast catching cave in trap.  can i get a detailed thing?

Oh you can't capture an FB in a cage trap using cave ins. They don't fall unconcious. I thought the goal of this trap was to crush and kill the FB, not obtain.

I don't know about the cat question... usually when an FB shows up I think, "Oh darn," not, "Better shove it in a room full of cats."
If a creature can fall unconsious, then a cave-in will make it unconscious. No exceptions, though it might wake quickly. Do trap avoiders still activate pressure plates? If so, you could make it so cats and dogs will escape a cage and attack the FB if it steps on the pressure plate.
You can fill the FB containment pit with the troglodytes, so they will fight the FB, and give you back the cages.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:12:13 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2017, 01:55:12 pm »

Do trap avoiders still activate pressure plates?

I've read this question on the wiki before and the answer is no.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 04:19:56 pm »

Only a small update today due to the game crashing and me having to restart from the last save:

25th of Malachite:

The crundle cage is complete, now we can dine on their delicious eggs forever
11th of Galena:

Here lies our gracious and majestic Queen Derpy Dev's royal chambers, and also to a lesser extent, our new captain of the guard's quarters.
1st of Limestone: Ilral, our carpenter who's currently possessed, requires a metal bar to finish the artefact, unfortunately, we cannot make anything metal on our sacred ground, so Ilral will just have to go insane
16th of Limestone: oh thank god, the merchants are here, there's no rule saying we can't buy metal bars is there? If there is I haven't seen it so i'm buying some, along with any wood and food they bring.
1st of Limestone:

All that fuss over an animal trap  :-\
we also bought a lot of cloth, Food, booze, milk (there was a lot) and a breeding pair of Alpaca's and Peacocks.
I'm putting the peacocks with the crundles, can't see anything that can go wrong there
5th of Sandstone: migrants, we got:
1 x Stoneworker
1 x Armourer
1 x Child
1 x Glazer
1 x Bookbinder
1 x Trader
1 x Stonecrafter
1 x Carpenter
1 x Bone Doctor
1 x Fisherdwarf
1 x Dyer
Total dwarves up to 123

And that's were i'll end it today fam, i'll finish off the year tomorrow, promise this time

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 06:26:32 pm »

We should try to have spare metal bars from traders at all time to be safe.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 10:13:31 pm »

year 2?  123 dwarves? what are we doing right?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2017, 10:17:41 pm »

year 2?  123 dwarves? what are we doing right?

I know, it's like, too perfect. Things should not be this good and it's worrying.

Maybe it's just the game forgiving me for the FB that blinded a good quarter of the fort.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2017, 10:36:27 pm »

It's in large part the petitioners.

I've gotten over 80 population by second autumn with population cap set to 7 before (in a test fort).

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2017, 10:40:53 pm »

It's in large part the petitioners.

I've gotten over 80 population by second autumn with population cap set to 7 before (in a test fort).

Good GOD.

Yeah, these petitioners are coming in like wildfire.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2017, 04:53:07 pm »

Last part guys, grab a beverage and lets the finish the year:

23rd of Sandstone: I've restarted our soap industry and created a storage room for them and the 3 copper bars we bought from the merchants as backup for artefacts, hopefully 3 will be enough.
18th of timber:

oh dear...
20th of Timber: Ok so somehow, we were able to push the FB into a built square and trap it

Ironically (I think) it was my dwarf who pushed it in, go me? I hope nobody gassed by the FB will die or start rotting.
4th of Moonstone: we broke into the trap and slaughtered the FB. Using myself as a test subject, I was able to tell that the gas from the FB was more or less harmless. No one was killed or injured during the attack.
6th of Opal: I've decided to let 5 crundle eggs hatch, just so we have a steady supply of actually tame crundles when ours die of old age.
2nd of Obsidian:

Oh armok, not again
3rd of Obsidian: It literally died in one attack, what a letdown :(
24th of Obsidian: Farm2 just made an artefact so uninteresting it doesn't even deserve a picture. Another letdown  :'(
28th of Obsidian: And just like that, the year is over. It's been quite the ride and it's been fun from start to finish (aside from that one time my PC crashed and I lost all the progress).
Here's the stat's:

And here's the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13018

Thanks for letting me play guys, can't wait to see where the fortress goes  :D

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2017, 05:24:23 pm »

Two FBs? Consider yourself lucky.

Alright Zazq, it's your turn!

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2017, 06:23:05 pm »

...huh what?  guess i need to catch up.  i promise you at least 1 season tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27