Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.  (Read 51794 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2017, 03:55:32 pm »

Great. Maybe I should send Kubuk and Puppytreat to kill that FB? In the best case, I would kill three birds with one stone.

As I said before, there may be a lag before I actually have some time to play.

That's fine and understood.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2017, 10:48:00 am »

All right, why the frickedy-frack is everyone given the profession name, "Mook"? I can't tell who's useful and who can be sent to the military at a glance if I can't see their bloody profession! That means I'll have to sort through every bloody dwarf if I want to find out who can be sent to the army. There are situations where I'd be willing to do that, but not when gameplay is already at a snail's pace because I have less than 20 FPS on average...
Dwarf therapist → select all dwarves → right click → remove custom profession name → commit.

Unless, y'know, this was just RP.
This is a similar design as the Hell's Bastions I built in Windlock, for anybody reading that. A floor grate is built above the ramps, with a minecart on top.

Just checking that you're aware of this smaller design:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒╔▲▲▲╗▒▒▒▒
▒╚===╝X++
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

FB comes to destroy the floodgate, gets minecart so far constantly kept at max speed to the face the moment floodgate is destroyed (the minecart will also spill the contents inside upon collision).

Adjust to have the card pass by sideways and do 270° turn on level below to crash into a wall if you want to only hit with contents.
Puppyguard seems to be very resistant to the idea of marriage, as neither he nor Puppytreat have spent much time in their bedrooms. Just marry her already, it's been a freaking month dude. Even more confusing is how they keep going to pray at the disabled church. I set the zone to inactive, do I have to delete it as well?

That seems to have fixed it. I deleted the zones and now they are spending more time in their rooms and just being idle in general. Perfect.
Yeah, location zones (and plant gathering ones) are a little odd. If you have several overlapping, they'll take part in the lowestmost one, unless it is temple and they're not religious.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:49:51 am by Fleeting Frames »

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2017, 06:07:37 pm »

Nevermind.

I finally got home, but still things turned out to be really bad in terms of time. I will try to play a bit during next 2-3 days, before I pass my turn to the next player (with whatever progress I would have).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:15:47 pm by hun »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2017, 07:29:45 pm »

Nevermind.

I finally got home, but still things turned out to be really bad in terms of time. I will try to play a bit during next 2-3 days, before I pass my turn to the next player (with whatever progress I would have).

Got it. (Please at least kill Puppytreat before we have to give it to Puppyguard I MUST HAVE VENGEANCE.)

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2017, 08:39:53 pm »

The treacherous mayor Kubuk and Puppytreat were designated to their own military squad and sent to deal with FB. I was even so kind to let them have some weapons, so it was almost fair!

But well, before they actually had a chance to meet FB face-to-face, they got stomped by a giant cave toad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FB is itself has a shape of toad, BTW.

Then I had to send a guy to verify the death of Puppytreat. And...

Derpy Dev must be satisfied by now.
Although the only effect on Puppyguard's mood I have seen was that he was "angry after being haunted by a dead spouse". Maybe I missed the time interval when he was bursting in tears and thought of suicide. Or maybe, he had tricked Derpy Dev and in fact felt absolutely nothing towards Puppytreat...

Meanwhile, mystical sight of ever-burning book deeply affected my dorfing. I decided to found the Fire Cult.
A central deity of the cult is Lurit Walledsilver, the deity I worship myself. She is associated with metals, fire, volcanos and mountains. We have 16 other dwarves among citizens who also worship her, and they are considered the cultists. There is a deity who fits Fire Cult even better (Wealthglowh the Hot Fires, associated with wealth and fire), but she is apparently a human deity, unknown to me and all dwarves.
We have started our activities from construction of our Temple:

See the fire imp behind the glass? We have a couple of artifact clothes and an artifact amulet, ignited by the imp, to provide us with sacral holy Fire. Initially I wanted to put Classic Human there, but it would be too dangerous for the haulers, also I had some troubles with setting up stockpile settings for it. Anyway, I ordered to pour some water on Classic Human, so it doesn't burn anymore. A couple of burning items in Fire Altar doesn't seem to affect FPS (I have about 40 all the time). But you can always extinguish burning artifacts if you really want. Damn heretics.

One random mook was sacrificed to the Fire (to provoke the fire imp), he burned to cinders. Also accidentally we burned a bin with tattered socks and trousers.

What shall I do next as the leader of the Fire Cult? Should we build more fire-based traps? Should we get an easier access to magma for fortress, for magma is an essence of Fire? Or have  I to take better care of all cultists and make sure they have an easy life and all needs satisfied? I will think of our development plan, but for now, it is time to hide again in the shadows. And to hope that Queen Derpy Dev is not going to banish our cult.

So, I played only few months and it is late winter now. We have 3 newborn giant cave spiders, maybe it's time to think of a silk farm. FB is still hanging at the same place in caverns, keep it in mind.
BTW, Derpy Dev, just read your note about the surprise by the trade depot. WHAT WAS THAT? I can't see a thing by now, it is empty, so I guess it is still a surprise. For someone else.

My daughter is 11, she is going to be adult soon. I hope nobody harm her before my next turn. I still need to find an appropriate spouse for my little girl.

The turn was short, but that's all I can do this time.
The save graphics was updated to Ironhand (starter pack 0.43.05-r08), if this is of any importance.

SAVE

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2017, 08:26:45 am »

thanks

Don't worry about me banishing your fire cult, but you might want to worry because Puppyguard's turn is next.

Also, if you still have the save... go to the Trade Depot, then go 1 Z level up. It spans a couple of levels, but you should notice.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2017, 08:44:44 am »

Also, if you still have the save... go to the Trade Depot, then go 1 Z level up. It spans a couple of levels, but you should notice.

Oh, you meant THAT thing...
Yeah, this is really cool, it was a pleasure for my eyes all the time.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2017, 08:51:54 am »

If you really want to torture Puppyguard, don't memorialize puppytreat - it might gradually drive him insane from the haunted negative thoughts.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2017, 09:09:15 am »

If you really want to torture Puppyguard, don't memorialize puppytreat - it might gradually drive him insane from the haunted negative thoughts.

I did that already, but in any case it's Puppyguard's turn now, he would take care of all it.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2017, 02:07:11 pm »

If you really want to torture Puppyguard
Don't worry about me
My daughter is 11, she is going to be adult soon. I hope nobody harm her

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2017, 03:26:53 pm »

Don't you dare!

It's all DerpyDev's fault, I was a victim of circumstances!

Ok, take my wife, but not my little girl!..

Can we negotiate, damn it?!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2017, 07:55:09 pm »

If you really want to torture Puppyguard
Don't worry about me
My daughter is 11, she is going to be adult soon. I hope nobody harm her

How dare you even consider-- *thinks for a second* actually that's pretty fair.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2017, 08:11:59 pm »

What shall I do next as the leader of the Fire Cult? Should we build more fire-based traps? Should we get an easier access to magma for fortress, for magma is an essence of Fire?
Could build minecart-based (maybe decorative, maybe weaponized) magma misters. Something with fire that doesn't require tons of magma to haul up.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2017, 06:25:02 am »

Could build minecart-based (maybe decorative, maybe weaponized) magma misters. Something with fire that doesn't require tons of magma to haul up.
The problem is that we are not allowed to use forges, so it is tricky to get magma-safe minecarts. I thought that nether-cap minecarts are magma-safe, but wiki says they are not.
And I don't think that caravans bring minecarts as well.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2017, 06:43:32 am »

They do (Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves), but you may have to specifically request it.

Though if you got magma up without minecarts, skidding misters don't require the minecarts to be magma-safe.

As for nether-cap, it'd normally be, but anything wooden falling into magma disappears from existence.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:45:56 am by Fleeting Frames »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27