Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: RTD? I guess?  (Read 5624 times)

dotEcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ignore this
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 08:28:45 pm »

Try and build a house around me with the shear power of imagination

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 08:59:19 pm »

Call upon the power of the Great Toady One to bring me the grail.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 09:01:06 pm »

Tell Glass in a very insincere-sounding voice, "Drink up"

Cast a Phase Door

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 09:26:14 pm »

I don not believe that you exist.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 09:37:26 pm »

I don not believe that you exist.

Assuming you're right, how am I supposed to know that?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 01:20:23 am »

Exist

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 09:13:16 am »

Test the grail for any sign of it being a trap. Don't drink any of it until I have ascertained that it is not, and that the same is true for everything around it.
(6) You can guarantee that either the grail, the stone tablet it's on, and/or the floor the tablet's on is trapped dangerously, but you're not sure how it is trapped or how to undo said trap(s).
Try and build a house around me with the shear power of imagination
(5) The void is surprisingly malleable, and you manage to build a solid one-room house. There's a bed for you to sleep in, as well as a small kitchen placed along the fourth wall so that I don't have to depict it. It's even powered, but you can't tell how.
Call upon the power of the Great Toady One to bring me the grail.
Once you clasp it in your hands, you feel...something.
}                       {~           ~           ~           ~Mallos HAS THE GRAIL!~           ~           ~           ~}                       {
However, you can never expect ancient generic artifacts to be unprotected. (trap roll=6!) The undepicted door into the chamber closes, and the wall it's within begins heading toward the opposite wall, which would also invisibly exist and eventually crush Glass if it weren't for the mental construct dotEcho made over there bending the adjacent reality.

Cast a Phase Door
(3). You cast a phase door inside the back wall, but it only has two uses, and, on further inspection, the other side is essentially a very cramped closet. Not that there's janitorial supplies in it or anything. Since you entered this place to check it out, it only has one use left, so once you leave, you can't come back. (yes, I looked up what the Phase Door spell is)
Exist
(3) You exist only as an account on a forum somewhere. You aren't even sure if it's Bay12.

___________________
 Mallos                                                                                                                                                       |            / \                 |
  o                                o                                                                                                                                   o                     ( )|
 /|\ [] <Phase Door       /|\    ______                                                                                                                  /|\            (_____)|
_/\__                          _/\__|_____|_____ ___   __      _         _                                    _       _     _   __  __ ____/\_______|_____||
        |                       |
        |            _ _      |
        |VVVVVVVoVVVV|

Mallos feels, somewhere, that the number 10 counted down to 9. For some reason, he knows it's a good thing.

(Is it bad that, just since the last turn, I thought up how to turn it into a full(er) RTD, with a few notable mechanics and everything? Even a win condition and endgame?)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:31:53 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

dotEcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 09:44:45 am »

no that's awesome, I want in. In the meantime Determine if the number refers to the amount of artifacts, if you won't let me do that for ~reasons~, expand my house however possible.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 09:52:33 am »

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 10:18:43 am »

I roll to disbelieve in the crushing wall, returning this construct to the void of unreality.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:43:04 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2017, 11:36:44 am »

You feel the universe...realign.

AKA, I realized that the ASCII art was broken, so I fixed it. It looked good in the preview window, but it was a lot wider than the actual post. That's why it was broken.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2017, 11:50:26 am »

I don't know how or why this happened but I love it.

Attempt to blatantly derail any plans anyone has.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
Re: RTD? I guess?
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2017, 01:31:27 pm »

As my first actual action was to:
Cast a Phase Door
I am still right beside Mallos.

Take advantage of the fact that Glass has thus-far ignored my existence to surprise Mallos (+1) and drag him through the phase door. (We both travel through, using up both uses.)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2017, 01:42:51 pm »

As my first actual action was to:
Cast a Phase Door
I am still right beside Mallos.

Take advantage of the fact that Glass has thus-far ignored my existence to surprise Mallos (+1) and drag him through the phase door. (We both travel through, using up both uses.)
I had you use it once as part of the roll being a 2. Also, you're not getting any bonus here. If he made an action to ignore you, and it's happened for several turns in a row, THEN I might apply it.

Also, I see that chaotic skies even changed the name of the thread for this. Thanks, but you should know I have plans to migrate the adventure somewhere else at some point. Don't tell any of the players, though.  :P

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2017, 01:53:14 pm »

Just post a link, this is fun :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4