Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: RTD? I guess?  (Read 5627 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: RTD? I guess?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2017, 08:43:55 am »

Lick someone seductively.

I will defenestrate you.

Through an inter-dimensional window.
Want to add that to your action?

Anyway, I should get the turn up sometime today. It'll either take 2 hours or about 7.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2017, 08:18:05 pm »

no that's awesome, I want in. In the meantime Determine if the number refers to the amount of artifacts, if you won't let me do that for ~reasons~, expand my house however possible.
(1) After some time spent considering what is even considered an artifact, and if you should even know about the message, you only figure out two things: One, you're allowed to know about it, at least for now; Two, you have a splitting headache, and will get a -1 penalty to thinking rolls next turn.
[unspoiler'd=Secret Action, GM only!]Sneak from the behind and steal The Grail from Mallos, then swallow it and explode.[/spoiler]
(3v5)Despite your best attempts at tiptoeing behind his back, he notices you and pushes you away before you can grasp the Grail.
I roll to disbelieve in the crushing wall, returning this construct to the void of unreality.
(6) You are able to see through the wall as if it weren't there. The inexistent wall's absence also wavers, and the house disappears with the ruins..somewhere, and you are quickly jerked forward by it's lack of presence, somehow. Then it reappears, less than a second later, and you've stopped moving again. Apparently, this IS the void of unreality, and the ruins, too, were a construct, though your random movement is not yet solved my any realization. Everyone reappeared a few inches to the left, and while this means nothing for most people, you ended up falling of the edge of the pit. You were able to hang on to the ledge, though, so you're safe for now.
I don't know how or why this happened but I love it.

Attempt to blatantly derail any plans anyone has.
(3) The whole of the setting turns slightly counterclockwise around the Y-axis. What this actually means is anyone's guess, so it's far from blatant.
Unmodified roll: throw Mallos through the Phase door.

Though I'm not going anywhere, keep your smile if someone else leaves. It seems like this will be a fun, short RtD.

Edit: homonyms.
(2v3) Your grab entirely misses, and though Mallos does stagger back a little bit from a bare attempt to avoid it, he barely doesn't reach the door.
You feel the universe...realign.

AKA, I realized that the ASCII art was broken, so I fixed it. It looked good in the preview window, but it was a lot wider than the actual post. That's why it was broken.
Oh, it's still broken. Having it in [code][/code] or [tt][/tt] tags would work wonders for it.
Which is why I took some slight liberties with the flipping...  ;)

Oh, and..  meditate upon the existence of Hawaiian Pizza, just because.
(2) You accidentally brought a pepperoni pizza instead, so you aren't able to enter the right frame of mind for meditation. Also, you're shoes are sorta greasy.
I don't care that I was told I am dead, I'll respawn by not listening to the spikes or anyone else telling me I'm dead.
(6) Despite the spikes not making any sounds nor anyone actively giving verbal reminders of your death, you use your own ignorance to respawn. In the middle of the pit of spikes. Thankfully, since you weren't falling onto them, you aren't punctured any more by them. Just try to keep your balance.
Oceansoul: When you migrate this, go ahead and take my action as [unspoiler'd=OCEANSOUL ONLY. NOBODY ELSE.]I'm serious. Stahp.

Summon the Banhammer from the Mighty Toad and banish any who are near me.[/spoiler]
(5) Fueled by a desire to keep The Grail, you conjure the Toad's Banhammer out of this air! It's a little hard to wield, being toad-sized and all, but by pinching the handle, you are able to wield it's full power! CrocAndBearLover, chaotic skies, dusty wayfarer, Starver, and Gwolfski are banished to the far right, beyond the house!
Lick someone seductively.
I want to see where this goes.
(2) You take off your shirt and attempt to lick your bellybutton. Not only do you repeatedly miss, but you appeared in the house, so the only person here that could see you, dotEcho, has a headache strong enough for him not to notice you.
Fill the grail with strawberry wine
(1) You are banished before you can do so, and end up dropping the bottle. It breaks all over you, creating several cuts from the shattered glass that now stings from the wine. You've run out of alcohol entirely now.

(A number next to a person means there's actually that many people there. Also, any new characters will spawn in the house)
                                                                                                                                                                 ___________________
 Mallos                                                                                                                                                       |            / \                 |
  o                                                                                                                                                                    2o                     ( )|   5o
 /|\[]                              ______                                                                                                                       /|\            (_____)|    /|\
_/\                          ____|_____|_____ ___   __      _         _                                        _       _     _   __  __ ____/\_______|_____||     /\
     |                     o/|
     |                     /||
     |               o    /||
     |              /|\      |
     |               /\      |
     |VVVVVVVVVVVV|

9 ticks down to 8 (A hint; it's not the countdown to the rebirth of this game). The wall closes in, and Mallos begins to rest a spiky fate. Somewhere, a voice begins to boom out..

The Grail…an object so powerful, that even its true name can shatter the fabric of reality…so mysterious and unknowable, that many are unsure if it can even be called an object. The regenerative properties many societies claim it possessed was but a sample of its might…
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2017, 08:36:05 pm »

Believe in a stable platform right below me that spans the entirety of the pit, allowing me to stop hanging on for dear life. If it doesn't work, continue hanging on for dear life.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2017, 11:24:12 pm »

Spoiler: OceanSoul Only (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2017, 10:58:15 am »

Climb up using Glass as a ladder.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 11:49:02 am »

Eat the pepperoni pizza, except for two slices which I shall strap to my feet. Once hardened, and also grease-proof, use them as crampons to climb over the house.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2017, 03:48:41 pm »

Ascend to my pan dimensional form!
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:15 am »

Use a sniper rifle to kill the one holding the Grail

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 04:31:55 am »

Give Mallos diabeetus and testicular cancer at the same time (Yes, my magic revolves around diseases, and yes, my character also has medical knowledge...)
If Mallos dies this turn, run as fast as I can, and eat The Grail.
If someone else gets The Grail into his/her dirty hands, pull narcosis syringe outta my ass, then inject it into the current owner of The Grail. If successful, get The Grail and eat it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 07:42:04 pm »

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2017, 06:59:22 am »

Exist. Shove the nearest player into the pit and then jump in after them.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2017, 07:40:50 am »

SPAWN, DEMAND ANNOYINGLY DETAILED EXPLANATION OF SITUATION FROM GM   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »

Exist. Summon a near-infinitely powerful eldritch being bound to my command.
This could end really, really badly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]