Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: night creature idea  (Read 1570 times)

thoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
night creature idea
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:34:46 am »

What if when you became a night creature you gained the ability to perform a time-consuming ritual that roused the spirit of a dead companion back to you. This would be most ascetic as they might scarce or take over an attacker but short of moving the enemy's heart medication they would have almost no use, and their moans and cries for rest would make them poor speakers. However, it would allow an adventurer to talk with family, old friends, the drunk that knew were the were cavy lived, and the child that joined you instead of her mom and then got thrown into the hellevator in the old fortress that you built. Overall it would be a nice touch and if anyone could mod it in I will draw you a picture of a turkey

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: night creature idea
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:41:10 am »

Nobody is looking at your post because this should be in the suggestion forum. This look like a cool idea though!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

thoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:59:23 pm »

Sorry about that

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:31:57 am »

on a side note: ghosts in fortress mode actually can do significant damage, depending on the type of ghost.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:39:25 pm »

Wait, you can become a night creature? How?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:18:29 pm »

Technically; vampires are night creatures.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 08:12:17 pm »

Technically; vampires are night creatures.
So are Werebeasts, though only in their beast form.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 12:22:16 am »

Necromancers might be night creatures, too. They get an Ñ, but I'm not sure how they react to an accusation.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:24:23 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 02:53:41 pm »

Necromancers might be night creatures, too. They get an Ñ, but I'm not sure how they react to an accusation.
Necromancers are night creatures too, yeah, but just like werebeasts, they have no reaction to an accusation. The accusation only functions on creatures with the token BLOODSUCKER, as the accusation's flavor text is geared toward denouncing a blood feeding creature.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.