Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to change to someone specifc?  (Read 924 times)

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to change to someone specifc?
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:24:12 pm »

So... I realy want to do something.
I've meet a really strange lizard man that I would like to control.... is there a way for me to control a specific person in adventure mode? :P

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to change to someone specifc?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:54:38 pm »

No. But try the mods forum. Dfhack has something like this probably.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 06:58:37 pm »

So... I realy want to do something.
I've meet a really strange lizard man that I would like to control.... is there a way for me to control a specific person in adventure mode? :P
If you don't mind a wee bit of hex-editing, there is a way...
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:24:23 pm »

Once dfhack is updated I'll see if I can't get assumecontrol.lua working with the "select previously controlled units if ran on current unit" menu I was tinkering with most recently.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Lezeryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 06:10:44 am »

Okay.... thank everyone... hope this works :P

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:14 am »

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/maxthyme/scripts/master/assumecontrol.lua Should work fine atm, I gotta go back and reconstruct the way I was trying to have it upll up a menu of past units you had been.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!