Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Funniest things said in dialogues  (Read 20029 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest things said in dialogues
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 08:39:37 pm »

Just remembered one combat log that I posted some time before in another thread:

Being hit in the eye by heavy objects is the best way to improve observation.

And recently a demon was bragging about someone he killed:

I would also struggle to recall such name, yet he managed to remember all of the titles.

I made this for you, because post-it art is best art.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 02:05:44 pm »

I made this for you, because post-it art is best art.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's pretty good! I like how that dwarf uses demon's poor memory as a distraction to stab him in the leg.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 04:21:04 pm »

Me: *is engaged in epic battle with an undertyrant recruit in the middle of a town market square, having been reduced to crawling around and biting at her ankles*
Human merchant: *seemingly completely unfazed by the events unfolding but a few tiles away from his stand* Get your rat weed!

Not inherently humorous dialogue, but the timing was just too perfect! XD

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:29:32 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 12:30:49 pm »

Me: *is engaged in epic battle with an undertyrant recruit in the middle of a town market square, having been reduced to crawling around and biting at her ankles*
Human merchant: *seemingly completely unfazed by the events unfolding but a few tiles away from his stand* Get your rat weed!

Not inherently humorous dialogue, but the timing was just too perfect! XD

Buy two get one post-it note art free.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 03:58:19 pm »

Dunamisdeos you are my favourite person.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 12:32:58 pm »

Dunamisdeos you are my favourite person.

8) 8) 8) All of you are my favorite people because you keep bringing me fun things to draw on post-it notes.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 04:08:40 am »

I cut someone's leg off and they thought that was a bit suspicious.

Then i decided to wait a bit and observe the "dialogues" between my companions and the sheriff + the drunk to see if something funny could be generated.
But unfortunately no, it started relatively well with some usual report about beasts and bandits etc... but after a while it sadly degenerated into this nonsense

I hope dialogues will be improved if the game spend so much time at spamming them, because in this situation, it is sad but not unexpected.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 07:32:09 am »

Huh, I've never seen the "somebody up to no good" dialogue before.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2017, 01:00:55 pm »

How much dummied out, semi-buggy and just rare dialogue text is in DF? I'm still bumping in to it from time to time. This is from version 40.4 or so, and i never seen it anywhere except this post. Also there was possible to see "i hate this world" and "i'm about to snap"  in adventure mode in 40.14, where companions was able and willing to go berserk.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2017, 11:08:11 pm »

Not "funny" per se, but just had a very interesting conversation with a human priest who informed me word-by-word that the open structure of the temple she worked in allowed worshipers to "experience the rain for the glory of Aril the Sprayed Ocean of Splashes". Never had anyone say anything like this in adventure mode before. For all I know this might be a regular thing with temples dedicated to deities of water/rain, but it was still one of the most immersive and engaging conversations I've had with an NPC in some time. DF is just full of surprises!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:11:08 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2017, 11:15:51 pm »

All the temples have some little dialogue like that. I think toady made one for each sphere. They can take about their pool of magma or whatevers in the bottom too
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2017, 11:49:47 pm »

Like I said, it was probably nothing uncommon but I found it cool either way.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2017, 11:49:31 am »

I met this slave in the basement of a Hearth that clearly has some sort of memory problem.

Love is, in a word - pain.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:40:33 pm by gnome »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »

How much dummied out, semi-buggy and just rare dialogue text is in DF? I'm still bumping in to it from time to time. This is from version 40.4 or so, and i never seen it anywhere except this post. Also there was possible to see "i hate this world" and "i'm about to snap"  in adventure mode in 40.14, where companions was able and willing to go berserk.
The string dump on the DFwiki has practically all of them if you're curious - some are particularly interesting and I wish they'd show up more.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 02:40:49 pm »

"My third eldest daughter is named Arkur Fortuneweakness. She is also my aunt."
This is either incest or a time paradox. Possibly both. I can't be sure.
Only in Dwarf Fortress can such a thing happen.

well, that would imply he gave his mom a sister, which means he banged his grandma.

...Or switch sexes, and she banged her grandpa.

squick.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4