Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Funniest things said in dialogues  (Read 20025 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Funniest things said in dialogues
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 03:43:24 pm »

Most probably his daughter married his uncle. You can have a uncle younger than yourself if your parentage lives in a very cold climate with not many sources of heat, and very long winter nights
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:54:06 pm by Cathar »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:45 am »

How much dummied out, semi-buggy and just rare dialogue text is in DF? I'm still bumping in to it from time to time. This is from version 40.4 or so, and i never seen it anywhere except this post. Also there was possible to see "i hate this world" and "i'm about to snap"  in adventure mode in 40.14, where companions was able and willing to go berserk.
The string dump on the DFwiki has practically all of them if you're curious - some are particularly interesting and I wish they'd show up more.

"Sometimes animals just get out of control", for beasts that have been troubling the townsfolk, is one of my favorites. I've only seen it in-game once.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 01:37:59 am »

Just had one of my adventuring companions (a female halfling) amicably greet a black bear as it was gnawing on her leg! XD
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 03:31:49 pm »

my favorites aren't in adventure mode, but they're great anyways.

so my hunters are scared of animals, so when they're hunting I look through the reports and get great things like "the copper bolt strikes the chipmunk in the head"
Urist McHunter"I have been attacked! WAAAAAAAAAAAA"
(I actually had the WA in the report, don't remember what he said before that)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 10:23:02 pm »

Love is, in a word - pain.

Hey, somehow I found it to be quite cool, I can imagine the hero and the giantess being sassy to each other, or just making funny comments while they fight
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 04:41:15 pm »

Just had a gnome in possession of an artifact bronze bow I was questing for say "I'm feeling optimistic about the future" literally the second before I stabbed him with my copper spear. Talk about tempting fate! :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

simast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2017, 01:47:21 pm »

Cleaned up a camp from all the criminals there, looted what I needed, had everything packed and ready to go. Then the ringleader came home out of nowhere... Just had to ask this.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »

So I had the following conversation in a tavern while testing out the Forgotten Realms mod.

My human adventurer: Tell me about your family
Some pilgrim, also human: I had a cousin named Isema Naturalpoets. She was also my aunt.

Errmm...what? Never mind, I don't want to know!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]