Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any ETA for the next update?  (Read 3694 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Any ETA for the next update?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 02:48:34 am »

I always played without tools or tilesets. So I'll get the new update faster than all of you who rely on tools.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 06:07:15 am »

But the fatal worldgen crash-bug accidentally included in ver .01 will trip you up just long enough for the standard tilesets at least to update (not that a lot of them need any updating).

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 12:58:49 pm »

Oh, and you could milk the male dwarves, too.  (I even managed to weird out Toady with the report on that one...)

Oh oh! STORY TIME! :D
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 01:14:07 pm »

I've been away for more than a year now, could someone make a quick summary of what we can expect from the next update? Seems like it's going to be a pretty neat one.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 01:45:31 pm »

I've been away for more than a year now, could someone make a quick summary of what we can expect from the next update? Seems like it's going to be a pretty neat one.

1: Epicness
2: Dworfiness
3: !!FUN!!
4: Dead cats
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 03:22:00 pm »

I've seen none of those mentioned in update logs.

However, you can expect rehashing the tags of how civs keep pets for more modding potential, reworked kobolds and their stealing in general (plus having poisoned weapons and poisonous pets in their mini-ambushes), artifact thieves masked as visitors, armies demanding artifacts, worldgen artifacts, being able to send squads out yourself to retrieve those and (maybe yours, maybe not - Toady retrieved a human) kidnapped kids (and maybe just to provoke war) and having world map in fort mode for the squads, maybe prophets, pilgrims, monks, peddlers, pretty criminals and monster slayers showing up as visitors and fixing of weapon trap crash bug off the top of my head.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »

Ignore the bit about poisoned weapons. It's one of those odd rumours that dorsn't seem to want to go away. Never been mentioned. Specifically denied.

Their sites will have poisoned traps though.

Other features include the ability to pass yourself off as a member of another entity (be a spy yourself), questing for artifacts, display furniture for artifacts and anything else you want to put on them (both modes). Some extra xml available to export, various help for memory hackers (Therapist, Dfhack, etc).

Entities and families will 'claim' artifacts (either because they actually own them, or because their spy reports sounded cool) and actively hunt for them following rumours. So there's a chance of thieves and even sieges from far off sites once your Museum has a good collection.

Plus the modding ability to define or exclude creatures a civ can use as mounts, pets and wagon pullers. Ensures that only your modded amphibian men come riding giant alligators. As opposed to goblins who will drown the moment their mount paths through the river.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:52:10 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 05:04:50 pm »

Sounds like a pretty neat update. How about those legends that Toady presented a while ago somewhere? Those with all those legends, level of fantasy etc. - will it be part of the update too?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 05:51:52 pm »

Sounds like a pretty neat update. How about those legends that Toady presented a while ago somewhere? Those with all those legends, level of fantasy etc. - will it be part of the update too?
That's the next release after this upcoming one. This release will probably seem rather minor as it's basically setting the foundations for the mythgen & magic releases.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 09:15:26 am »

Mind, you won't get these new kobolds, and maybe spies, I imagine, unless you generate a world in new version. So if you want to play with those, going to have to make a shorter-lived (perhaps relearning/practice?) fort until then.

Ignore the bit about poisoned weapons. It's one of those odd rumours that dorsn't seem to want to go away. Never been mentioned. Specifically denied.

Oh, thanks. Though it seems odd to have one and not the other - in fact, I assumed they must have poisoned weapons to make poisoned traps, for an explanation why I thought it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 03:12:05 pm »

Mind, you won't get these new kobolds, and maybe spies, I imagine, unless you generate a world in new version. So if you want to play with those, going to have to make a shorter-lived (perhaps relearning/practice?) fort until then.

Oh, thanks. Though it seems odd to have one and not the other - in fact, I assumed they must have poisoned weapons to make poisoned traps, for an explanation why I thought it.
They have poisoned spiders to make poisoned traps with. There's no particular lore reason to not have weapons too, it's just not been done this time. They'll almost certainly get them eventually, but poisoned traps are part of kobold sites which is what this release introduced.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 03:18:01 pm »

In case someone hasn't noticed, Kobolds using venomous critters to defend their caves is a callback to Kobold Quest, an older Bay12 game.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2017, 09:27:27 am »

I havent played DF for a long time, I think the most time ever since I started playing it back in 2006. But now I will just have to wait the new release.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 09:57:01 pm »

Now on 20 1-2 day 'nuggets' before completion. So I guess the latest eta is er...sometime before Christmas!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 01:32:45 pm »

I'm hyped for this. The current version has too few invasions but now we will be able to export the violence. My first next gen fort is gonna basically raid like its an industry. I'mma take all the artifact cups off those elves.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled
Pages: 1 [2]