Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taking prisoners  (Read 3876 times)

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Taking prisoners
« on: July 12, 2017, 11:40:10 am »

With the 'new' functions like yielding and site-building, Is there any way to take enemies as prisoners?

I guess my two problems are:

Getting people to my site and

Locking them in a cell or something to that effect.

I Think this could be used for involuntary sparring partners or vampire "lifestock" hehe...
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Murdath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taking prisoners
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:24 pm »

This would be awesome, but I'm more interested in caging unconscious animals to train them.
Once there was this dragon I threw the skull of my companion at, hit its head and it fell unconscious, it would have been awesome to cage it and tame it. 

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:30:59 pm »

That, however, would require the ability to train animals in the first place, while I suspect there might be a way to capture prisoners as of now. For your idea, you could use maybe use cagetraps from fortress mode? like a retired fort?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 01:00:41 am »

welll it's possible... with lil modding and messing with the unit's adventure seeking trait with an interaction, probably making animals gaining a can speak and can learn also will allow you to "tame" animals and make them work in your camp.
with set up of cage and zoning  you can build a zoo.
I remember doing this with bogeymen,
though you might want to set up your poaching zones away from your storage or you might end up getting that "you have way to many people following you" comment.

now getting enemy to join you is probably tricky, you might want to blind them first so they don't see you then talk them into joining you later.
then quickly shove them into your camp before they heal their eye wounds enough to attack you.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 05:29:55 am »

can you do cages in adv mode? without modding, that is?

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 02:46:58 pm »

can you do cages in adv mode? without modding, that is?

I don't believe you can (been a while since I last checked) but I'm completely sure that they currently serve no purpose on Adv. Mode, at least not without modding.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?