Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Idea for community human race based mod.  (Read 6712 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for community human race based mod.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 07:09:37 pm »

So what'd you think of it?

I just uploaded a new version. This one has the Demians, and updated graphics. The Demians aren't quite complete though, and there's probably a lot of refinements to make. Tell me if there are any screw-ups/bugs/terrible ideas.

Pretty good.

I'll be downloading the new version soon.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. What's your favorite civ, would you say? Do you have any ideas of some things that should be added? I've been thinking about wattle and daub for the Rovalians/Wunondians/maybe Demians. I've also been trying to think of a religious building for the Khadians, or just some unique buildings in general besides the sun-drying workshop, but I can't think of much. Maybe a tea-house/coffee-house?

Also, I just uploaded a new version.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 07:15:47 pm »

So what'd you think of it?

I just uploaded a new version. This one has the Demians, and updated graphics. The Demians aren't quite complete though, and there's probably a lot of refinements to make. Tell me if there are any screw-ups/bugs/terrible ideas.

Pretty good.

I'll be downloading the new version soon.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. What's your favorite civ, would you say? Do you have any ideas of some things that should be added? I've been thinking about wattle and daub for the Rovalians/Wunondians/maybe Demians. I've also been trying to think of a religious building for the Khadians, or just some unique buildings in general besides the sun-drying workshop, but I can't think of much. Maybe a tea-house/coffee-house?

Also, I just uploaded a new version.

I like the Kletrians. Always liked the Romans/Byzantines...
No suggestions by me. Could you link me the new version?

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 07:25:19 pm »

Right, here it is. Same place as before.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 02:47:18 pm »

Next update will be Kletrian themed. It should come in the next few days. Expect theaters, and maybe a hippodrome. Possibly some unique brick reactions, too.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 04:12:49 pm »

How do you feel about non-vanilla currency values? Because I've got a big update, but it includes changes to the currencies of the civs.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 04:53:06 pm »

Hmm... How big are the changes? Explain.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 05:58:41 pm »

Well, (split by spoilers due to tl;dr) each of the civs now have unique currency systems, rather than the generic [CURRENCY:COPPER:1], [CURRENCY:SILVER:5], and [CURRENCY:GOLD:15]. I may or may not have spent way too much time on it.

Demian/Rovalian/Wunondian Currency
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Khadian/Sahvanian Currency

Kletrian Currency

Iceman Currency

Anyway, this also ties into the entertainment buildings, of which I've made several. Like I said, this update is (or was originally) primarily Kletrian themed, so they get a hippodrome (comes in basic or obelisked varieties) which can host both chariot races and jousts (though jousts are a foreign barbarian sport and semi-likely to cause unhappy thoughts to proud Kletrians), and a unique Kletrian theater, at which citizens can watch or perform plays (including certain types unique to the Kletrians). Note, however, that you can't choose what type of performance your citizes watches at a theatre - that's random, and there's a chance they may not like it, especially as Kletrians have high standards regarding entertainment. There's also a chance that there might not be a show at all, and they'll just waste their money watching nothing.

Anyway, there's also a basic wooden theater. Kletrians, Demians, Rovalians, and Wunondians get that.

Visiting a theater, or visiting a hippodrome, or visiting jousting grounds, now costs a bit of money (not very much though, especially for the Kletrians), so you're basically exchanging coins for (very probable) happy thoughts (and skill and a chance at winning more coins if you participate in a joust/chariot race).

You can also now convert beds to "brothel beds," at which citizens can either visit a prostitute (exchanging coins for a high chance of very happy thoughts at the cost of sin, the risk of catching a venereal disease, the slight risk of unhappy thoughts, and a slight mess), or prostitute themselves (gaining coin, but at the cost of sin, risk of venereal disease, high risk of fairly significant unhappy thoughts, and, again, a slight mess).

I haven't added theaters or brothels to Khadians or Sahvanians as I'm not knowledgeable enough about the precise details of theaters/plays/performances/brothels in the medieval Near East. They've been sort of neglected in general, so I'm thinking the next update will probably be Khadian- and/or Sahvanian-themed. I will probably add Khadian-exclusive coffee- and tea-houses, and Khadian/Sahvanian-exclusive puppetry theaters. The reason I haven't yet is because they're slightly anachronistic (especially in the case of the Sahvanians (who themselves are pretty anachronistic admittedly)) and I was more looking for something that would've been more high medieval (11th-13th Century or so).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:06:58 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 04:00:10 pm »

Ready or not, here I come with a new update

If anyone really hates the new currency system, please feel free to post saying as much.

Also, if there are any errors, please let me know. The errorlog should be empty. If it isn't then I probably forgot a file.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 03:32:08 pm »

Mini-update. Separated weapons/armor/clothing that I made from all others, to help alleviate confusion. Should be compatible (at least semi-compatible) with grimlocke right out of the box now. Also fixed some other bugs, including one that would've made most of the reactions I made in the last update unusable.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:36:36 pm by Dunmeris »

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 01:23:03 pm »

This mod seems to crash pretty hard for me, many things are listed as missing.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 08:16:43 pm »

This mod seems to crash pretty hard for me, many things are listed as missing.

Just made a quick update to (hopefully) fix the crashing. Try it out. If it still crashes, please tell me and preferably include an errorlog.

I'm assuming the problem is things I removed. See, this mod is basically just the human-related stuff from this big mod I've been working on, and I guess it might be a bit sloppy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:54:29 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 05:02:22 pm »

Quick update. Did some testing, and oh baby there were an embarrassing number of errors. Those should be fixed. If they're not, please stop by the thread and say so, so I can fix it in a (hopefully) timely fashion.

Also, added some new things, and updated the graphics of the Demians and Rovalians (Kettle helms and gambesons! Proper flails instead of whips!), Wunondians (unarmored peasant troops, and also flails!), and Sahvanians (properly veiled, white-clad magi!).

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 08:23:53 pm »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 07:52:17 pm »

Quick graphical update. Everyone gets new acolyte/druid/law enforcement sprites. Also the Icemen now have sprites; they've had them for a while, but I forgot to include them in the uploaded file.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 05:14:10 pm »

What about asian/early american civilizations?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4