Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Idea for community human race based mod.  (Read 6735 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for community human race based mod.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 09:57:24 pm »

What about asian/early american civilizations?

If someone else wants to make them, that'd be fantastic and in the original spirit of this thread as I understand it (a community repository for human mods). I'm probably not going to (at least not until I'm completely 100% done with my main mod) since they wouldn't fit with everything else. Granted, I suppose pseudo-Sassanid Persians don't fit either, but A) they work somehow and B) ancient Persia is really really really really cool and underused.

I have considered Turks/Mongols though (those count as Asian civs, right?). Actually literally the only reason I haven't added desert-dwelling Central Asian Turko-Mongol types is because there's no way AFAIK to make a really horse-based/horse-reliant civilization.

I've thought about adding pseudo-Ethiopians as a tropical civ, and also about possibly replacing the Wunondian language and giving them more of a Slavic feel since right now they don't really feel very distinctive IMO. What do you think?

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:41 pm »

Another, much larger graphical update for Demians, Rovalians, and Wunondians. Just about every non-combat, non-landholder, non-spouse position has new, more detailed, more distinctly Medieval outfits. Hoods, chaperons, longer tunics, etc.. In particular, the diplomats and outpost liaisons of each of those three civs now wear the royal colors of their kingdom.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I do find East Asia interesting and I have been pretty fascinated with pre-Columbian civilizations recently, so if someone else can do the graphics I'll do an East Asian and/or Early American civ. Just tell me what civ you (emphasis on you) want to make graphics for and I'll handle the raws. Or I can just do a quick adaptation of the Sand Elves from the main mod I haven't released yet as vague Southwestern Anasazi type humans. The graphics have kind of a similar feel so that wouldn't be a big thing I guess.

Unless graphics don't matter, in which case I guess I might make some Japanese people and/or some Mayans or something. I can't do Chinese because I don't know even near enough about medieval China to make basically a non-Empire medieval Chinese civ.

In any case that'll be a separate mod, but it will be completely compatible with the main Medieval Humans mod.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:14:18 pm by Dunmeris »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 12:57:47 am »

I have a half-assed japanese civ in the works right now. I could finish/clean it up and upload it, unless someone else wants to do a japanese civ.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2017, 02:16:17 pm »

I have a half-assed japanese civ in the works right now. I could finish/clean it up and upload it, unless someone else wants to do a japanese civ.

Please do! I don't want to make one and I don't think anyone else has uploaded anything ITT, so you're probably good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 09:02:54 pm »

Minor graphical update for Demians, Rovalians, and Wunondians. Their militia captains, militia commanders, warriors, and warlords (that is, bandit leaders) are now better and more realistic looking. It's a minor thing but I mean, let's be honest, they looked ridiculous and unfitting before.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 09:14:46 pm »

Can't humans already, have multiple civs isn't it possible to actually have only human civilizations in the game already? What is the point of this?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 09:34:10 pm »

Can't humans already, have multiple civs isn't it possible to actually have only human civilizations in the game already? What is the point of this?

This is for having multiple human civs based on IRL civilizations.

On a side note, I'm being slammed by college at the moment, so the Japanese civ is making slow progress.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 09:52:40 pm »

Randomly generated iron-and-bronze-using hearthperson civs? Yeah. They're unplayable in Fortress Mode though.

These are defined, distinct human civs largely based on various Medieval cultures, each with their own language and their own graphics (because they're technically different creatures, you see).

There's basically two points to this mod. For one thing, it's there if you want, say, Medieval Franks/Italians/Anglo-Norse/Greeks/Arabs/Persians/Laplanders. Secondly, they're all fully playable in Fortress Mode -- they have buildings, reactions, and nobles. So I guess if nothing else you could think of it as a sort of "playable humans" mod, with a choice of seven flavors of humans (that war with each other frequently).

Anyway, I just updated all the entity files.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:56:27 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 01:32:51 am »

Hey, I have a new version ready in which I fixed some bugs I missed (among other things, like making Rovalian feudalism work a bit better in adventure mode), but I changed the Wunondians a bit. They're called Vodish, their language is an old Norse-based one called Vodish, and they live in the taiga.

Now, this is not added to the 7z archive. Should I add the Vodish since that's what the Wunondians now are, or should I keep the Wunondians and make a backup version (to be the one I upload) where the Wunondians will stay up-to-date?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:38:26 am by Dunmeris »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2017, 08:11:26 am »

Add the Vodish and keep the original Wunondians as a back up.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 05:17:14 pm »

!!NEW UPDATE!! All errors are fixed, version is error free, tested it thorougly. I can guarantee that this version has Zero Errors. Also, graphics for civs are updated, as are many of their positions. In particular, Rovalian feudalism now works much better in Adventure Mode. If I'm wrong, if there are errors, then I'm the stupidest/worst modder ever and please, for the love of God, feel free to come here and tell me as much.

One thing to note, however, in case you were attached to the Wunondians: they no longer exist. Between the Rovalians of the plains and the man-eating elves of the forest, it was to be expected. There are, however, the taiga-dwelling Vodiouds.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:30:44 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2017, 03:09:16 pm »

Quick graphical update. Several Khadian/Kletrian/Sahvanian nobles had incorrect graphics. Basically, the graphics are on row 19 but I was using row 20 because carelessness. Also Iceman graphics are fixed.

Also, the Sahvanian noble castes (the Asravs, the Arteshars, and the Dabirs) are literate by default. Sahvanian society is highly literate and prizes education (except regarding the lowly Vastroshi peasants, who are largely kept illiterate and servile).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:42:45 pm by Dunmeris »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2017, 05:08:12 pm »

So how exactly do you install this mod? If you just put it in the raws I'm pretty sure you'd still get all the vanilla civilizations. You could delete the entity_default file. Would that be enough?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2017, 10:48:16 am »

This mod is intended to be able to just be plopped into the raws. This is basically just the human stuff from a larger mod that I've been working on for a while.

I would recommend removing regular default humans though. Not that it'll cause errors or anything, it's just that it would be weird to have just regular generic "humans" in addition to all these civs, and it would beg the question "wait if those are humans, then what the hell are these?"

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2017, 03:56:19 pm »

I have just finished uploading the 44.x version. It includes a lot of miscellaneous changes. Among others, I finally really started working on the Sahvanian religious system.

Also, it includes an edited humanless entity_default file, so there won't be any vanilla humans popping up in your game.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:19:41 pm by Dunmeris »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4