Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Tunnel Quest [SG]  (Read 6104 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tunnel Quest [SG]
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2021, 01:50:26 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2021, 10:07:41 am »

C

I think it would be more rewarding and less hazardous to take the item in the pack than exploring a well full of electric vapor. The object is seemingly precious, and it might even be some kind of artefact of the gods that the man was trying to save.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2021, 11:57:34 am »

C
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2021, 09:52:21 am »

In the fourth week of Trundset...

Hearth walked over to the discarded pack and began to carefully search through it. The items inside were meticulously removed and placed by the pack for examination. The first object was the strange artifact poking out of the pack. It is a silver orb, smooth in appearance, with three round indentations along the circumference. On top of the orb there appears to be a simple vine string that has been wrapped around the object with feather fetishes and a set of five teal stones. The object feels deathly cold in Hearth's hands. The other objects appear to be standard traveling gear, dried food, flint and steel, fresh water, and a torch.

Hearth approaches the well carefully, the vapor at times sending small, harmless bolts of energy arcing towards him. The sensation is uncomfortable, but not dangerous. Seer approaches just behind but steps no closer than ten paces from the well. He states that he will remain outside and keep watch. The rim of the well appears to be made of old stone, most of it appears to be aged and cut long ago. Very little detritus, moss, or plant life appears to grow near it. There is a roughly carved set of holes along the inner rim of the well that can be used as a ladder. The depths of the well drop down deep into the ground, with the base of the well shrouded with shadow.

The trek down the ladder is uneventful. Hearth can feel that the air grows colder and colder as he descends. The wisps of vapor seem to avoid touching Hearth, snaking around his form and occasionally causing a shock of static.

At the base of the well, there is a knocked out portion of the wall, with a deep tunnel that extends further inwards. Hearth lights a torch and steps cautiously in. The ground underfoot as Hearth walks is smoothed, uncut stone and the walls are pocked with the occasional burrowing animal. Small yellow eyes blink from some of the holes. As Hearth continues along this path, the stone underfoot becomes more irregular and the walls have been intricately carved with the depictions of humanoids stretching their hands out towards the end of the tunnel. Just barely audible, there is the sound of something grinding, turning, twisting like a wheel on a rocky path. Deeper into the tunnel, the floor is completely irregular, with the floor being covered with tubular objects that stretch out of the ground and back into it. The frequency of the morose stone depictions on the sides of the wall increases. At the end of the tunnel, there is a wall that is completely composed of carved stone hands spiraling around an object. The object is rectangular, has a reflective sheen to it, and is emitting a strange, unearthly blue glow. On the ground near the object is marked with countless colored stones, dried flowers, and bone fetishes.

The object appears to be displaying some form of lettering:

☜︎■︎⧫︎❒︎□︎◻︎♓︎♍︎ ◻︎♋︎❒︎♋︎❍︎♏︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎⬧︎🖳︎ 🖲︎⌛︎🕭︎

🏱︎●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎ ❒︎♏︎◻︎□︎❒︎⧫︎ ⧫︎□︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ❒︎♏︎●︎♏︎❖︎♋︎■︎⧫︎ ♋︎◆︎⧫︎♒︎□︎❒︎♓︎⧫︎⍓︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ ⬧︎◆︎♌︎●︎♓︎❍︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎📬︎

🕈︎♋︎⍓︎⬧︎⧫︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎ ❒︎♏︎❍︎♋︎♓︎■︎⬧︎ ♋︎⧫︎ 🗏︎🕭︎ ♏︎♐︎♐︎♏︎♍︎⧫︎♓︎❖︎♏︎ □︎◆︎⧫︎◻︎◆︎⧫︎📬︎ 🕈︎♋︎❒︎■︎♓︎■︎♑︎📪︎ ♋︎♍︎♍︎♏︎⬧︎⬧︎ ⧫︎□︎ ⬥︎♋︎⍓︎⬧︎⧫︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎ ♍︎□︎❍︎◻︎❒︎□︎❍︎♓︎⬧︎♏︎♎︎📬︎ 🏱︎●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎ ♍︎□︎■︎⧫︎♋︎♍︎⧫︎ ●︎□︎♍︎♋︎●︎ ♋︎◆︎⧫︎♒︎□︎❒︎♓︎⧫︎⍓︎📬︎

☝︎❒︎♏︎♏︎⧫︎♓︎■︎♑︎⬧︎📪︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ♋︎ ⬧︎⧫︎♋︎■︎♎︎♋︎❒︎♎︎ ♓︎■︎♐︎□︎❒︎❍︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎♋︎●︎ 🙵♓︎□︎⬧︎🙵📬︎ 🏱︎●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎ ♓︎■︎⬧︎♏︎❒︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ❑︎◆︎♏︎❒︎⍓︎ ♌︎♏︎●︎□︎⬥︎🖳︎

A) 🏱︎❒︎♓︎■︎⧫︎ □︎◆︎⧫︎ ●︎□︎♍︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎ □︎♐︎ ■︎♏︎♋︎❒︎♏︎⬧︎⧫︎ ⬧︎◆︎♌︎●︎♓︎❍︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎ ♐︎♋︎♍︎♓︎●︎♓︎⧫︎⍓︎📬︎
B) 👎︎□︎⬥︎■︎●︎□︎♋︎♎︎ ♍︎◆︎❒︎❒︎♏︎■︎⧫︎ ♋︎◻︎◻︎❒︎□︎❖︎♏︎♎︎ ♏︎♎︎◆︎♍︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎♋︎●︎ ❖︎♓︎❒︎⧫︎◆︎♋︎●︎ ♑︎◆︎♓︎♎︎♏︎📬︎
C) 👎︎♏︎⧫︎♋︎♍︎♒︎ ◻︎□︎❒︎⧫︎♋︎♌︎●︎♏︎ ♓︎■︎♐︎□︎❒︎❍︎♋︎⧫︎♓︎□︎■︎♋︎●︎ ♋︎⬧︎⬧︎♓︎⬧︎⧫︎♋︎■︎⧫︎📬︎
D) Place an offering and leave. (+2 favor)
E) Perform another task. (Describe it)

Spoiler: Group (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2021, 03:32:43 pm »

D

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2021, 04:36:11 pm »

Ohhoho. Things just got interesting.

C
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2021, 03:35:53 am »

B

B is longer there for it is more interesting.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2021, 04:40:07 am »

I know this is old but a tie was here for a while so I’m gonna break said tie and hope the GM remembers what B does

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2021, 07:42:29 pm »

In the fourth week of Trundset...

Hearth reaches out and touches the second line of words on the rectangular object. The sound of gears turning, twisting, and grinding grows louder and louder to an unbearable degree. The spiral of stone hands slowly grind away, swirling around the rectangular object. A rope-like object violently springs out of the rectangular object, hitting Hearth square in the temple. Images, memories, places, words, and horrors flash by in a painful cacophony within Hearth's head. It all becomes too much... and all grows dark.

Hearth awakens in the dark tunnel, the informational screen now very dim, with the words, now intuitively understood, state:

Thank you for downloading your virtual educational guide.

Please report to the nearest authority for sublimation.

The trek back through the tunnel is uneventful, though it is deathly calm and quiet. The small wisps of vapor are no longer around, giving the air a stale taste to it. The climb up the ladder is laborious but Seer waits at the top. He asks what occurred, and Hearth gives a description of what happened. Seer gives Hearth a quiet, somber look but says no more on the subject. He states that he saw eyes peer out in the darkness, and that the malformed will soon gain their resolve once again.

A) Continue on to the funeral pyre.
B) Examine the writing on the statue more closely.
C) Perform another task. (Describe it)

Spoiler: Group (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2021, 08:23:00 pm »

A, while also keeping an eye out for any text that seems out of place, or in places we hadn't noticed it before.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2021, 09:03:10 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2021, 01:04:43 am »

B

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2021, 01:24:31 pm »

A. It's cool indeed to know the tongues of old, but I think we should consider the looming danger...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]