Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 54751 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2017, 07:52:13 pm »

"or a load of napalm, like I said before. Just burn a path to our object of interest, and then run back through the ashes. Did I mention napalm only has to be tailored to the atmospheric environment, and that most times bog standard napalm will work to some effective degree on any planet capable of supporting an atmosphere to begin with?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2017, 07:56:20 pm »

"The problem with that is if the mutagen becomes airborne under heat, which is entirely possible. A warhead would also have a chance of just spreading the problem instead of eliminating it. Which is why you would need samples so that you could find out how it reacts under those circumstances."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2017, 08:22:05 pm »

Get back inside and resume walking around in circles until the legs feel more functional.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2017, 08:49:33 am »

"My knife!"

Is the knife still there? Or was it disintegrated?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2017, 03:36:10 pm »

the glue and tape are our best bet for sealing the cracks. The blowtorch is a bit too risky since using it to seal the tape against the faceplate might cause the glass to splinter even worse.

Start by applying glue across the faceplate along the cracks, then apply the tape on top of it to keep it from being pushed out by gases while it sets. It won't be perfect, but it will keep her alive longer at the very least.

[Mechanics: 8]

A little bit of glue here, a little tape there, and she's good as new! You manage to plug up most of the larger cracks in August's helmet.

"Well I hope that explosion means the fight is over for now. Our current objective is to get fixed up so that we can take samples from the actual organism that caused this. From what I've seen, killing the cause would probably best be accomplished with a tailored bio-weapon, so we'll only really need genetic samples, and samples of whatever is causing the rampant mutations. What we have now probably won't be enough."

Assist with the effort to repair my suit.

Well, it seems like Doc's doing a good enough job that you don't really need to help that much.

Once he finishes, some of the tape on your helmet is obscuring your view a tad, but it isn't too bad. The display now reads,

"PRESSURE STABILIZED. NEW REMAINING OXYGEN ESTIMATE: 4 HOURS"

Get back inside and resume walking around in circles until the legs feel more functional.

You pace around the inside of the shuttle until the tingly feeling completely leaves your legs. Good as new!

"My knife!"

Is the knife still there? Or was it disintegrated?

You slowly approach the carcass of the exploded creature.

[Insight: 7-2]

You see your knife embedded in the glowing bit of meat you saw earlier.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2017, 05:04:24 pm »

Take the knife, if possible. Remove it slowly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2017, 05:13:48 pm »

"did we get what we came for? Can we leave before August dies now, please?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2017, 05:17:11 pm »

"Someone cover me, I'm headed out towards the objective. And no, we only found a symptom, not the cause."

Exit the shuttle and set out towards the objective. Be ready to shoot anything that surprises me.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2017, 05:25:41 pm »

"did we get what we came for? Can we leave before August dies now, please?"

"Nope. You either get to the source or you don't come back at all."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2017, 12:38:07 am »

"I'm not much of a fan of that warning."

*Sniff*

"So, source huh?"

Use my insight to try and figure where the source of this thing is. Hopefully more than just "In the center of this poxy place"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:39:51 am by piecewise »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2017, 11:37:43 am »

Take the knife, if possible. Remove it slowly.

Slowly, you walk up to the glowing meat. As you grab the knife and pull it out, you feel... odd, to say the least. In fact, you feel sort of... dizzy.

[Darwin's level of The Gift has gone up! Mutation Chance (Must beat an 11): 86. Pass!]

As you stumble back from the glowing meat, you feel as though a great weight has been lifted from your shoulders.

"Someone cover me, I'm headed out towards the objective. And no, we only found a symptom, not the cause."

Exit the shuttle and set out towards the objective. Be ready to shoot anything that surprises me.

[Insight: 10-2]

As you step back onto the meaty ground, you don't notice any movement around you. In the distance, where the objective was located on the map, you can see a short, squat white building surrounded by strange green lights. Odd.

"I'm not much of a fan of that warning."

*Sniff*

"So, source huh?"

Use my insight to try and figure where the source of this thing is. Hopefully more than just "In the center of this poxy place"

[Insight: 8+1]

You call your mind back to what Captain Dimbik said at the mission briefing.

Spoiler: Map (Warning: Big) (click to show/hide)

"We're gonna be dropping you off on that yellow bit up off in the northeast corner. Scanning suggests that whatever's causing whatever the hell's going on down there is located where that white bit near the center is.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2017, 11:54:51 am »

"Objective located. Probably. There's what I would guess is a laboratory up ahead."

Overwatch until others catch up
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:32:46 pm by Rautherdir »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2017, 12:07:37 pm »

Advance toward [Rautherdir's character], carefully and looking out for any possible threats.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2017, 01:05:59 pm »

"Gee. How informative."

Expand cane into a platform I can sit on and see if I can make it hover in mid air.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2017, 03:13:59 pm »

"Well it's something. I would need to get closer to get more information and given my tendency to draw the fire... oh wait I could use my augment."

Advance towards the building.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33