Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 54679 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 01:27:29 pm »

"It's probably not a picture at all. More like a rendition of some sort of computer scan.

If this is the best you guys can give us, MMCEC has serious tech issues."

"You'll get no argument from me there. Sometimes I think the recon teams give us crap like this 'cause they think it's funny. But it probably comes down to the fact that the Corporation just doesn't want to waste too much money on expendable workers."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 01:44:35 pm »

"You'll get no argument from me there. Sometimes I think the recon teams give us crap like this 'cause they think it's funny. But it probably comes down to the fact that the Corporation just doesn't want to waste too much money on expendable workers."

"ironic that they can spend enough money to locate the damn things, but not enough to get proper intel on what to expect beyond atmosphere conditions and vague bio-scans."
await deployment. Leave my PAI and one drone behind, I don't need to lose them when I have big plans.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 01:49:32 pm »

Await deployment, spending the remaining time practicing at a firing range.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »

Await Deployment in the Shuttle

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 02:57:01 pm »

Await deployment.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 08:01:39 pm »

I reckon that actually is just one big organism. The old man says, tapping his cane as he does. And I reckon it will probably be needlessly hostile to us. Aliens so often are.

Ready to go, wearing my armor and tip tapping away with my cane.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 11:06:39 pm »

Shortly after everyone dogpiles into the shuttle, the airlock rolls into place over the door, releasing a slight hiss as it seals shut. With a short crackle, Captain Dimbik's voice suddenly floods the room via the intercom.

"Alright folks, estimated transit time is around eleven days. Stasis pods are the plastic tubes on the far wall. The ones with the bioanalyzers are the ones with all the needles and probes inside of them. So try not to think of what'll happen with those while you're passed out for the next week or so.

Oh, and legal says I have to inform you that the stasis pods have a slight chance to accidentally deny sufficient oxygen to your brains while you're in them. So also try not to think about that either. Dimbik out."

Tentatively, everyone steps into a pod, and suddenly each pod fills with blue gel at an alarming rate before they all lose consciousness. Then after what seems like only an instant, everyone is violently ejected from their respective pods onto the floor, quivering and vomiting up blue gel all over the place.

"Rise and shine! Collect your equipment and get out there!"

A small electronic  panel is next to everyone's equipment. It reads:
>Bioanalysis Complete
>Subject Juniper: Bioelectric Symbiote. Symbiote creates a buildup of static electricity over time, which can be released at any time via the palms of the hands. Some time is required between releases to allow the symbiote to recharge.
>Subject August: Adrenal Symbiote. Symbiote allows the host at will to shut off higher brain functions in exchange for increased strength, dexterity, and endurance. This puts the host into a highly violent "beserk" state for approximately five minutes. Some time is required between uses to allow the Symbiote to recover from this action.

Once everyone gathers their equipment and puts on their suits, the shuttle door slides open to reveal darkness as far as the eye can see. Which so happens not to be very far, because it is very sincerely really dark out.

"Oh yeah, the suits come outfitted with lights and oxygen recyclers. Because, you know, it's dark and you can't breathe the air. So get going!"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:02 pm »

step out and activate my camera drone. Get as high a view as possible and scout around.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 06:59:55 am »

Stay behind the door, ready to fire on anything that is clearly hostile; if everyone is out and it's there's no enemies, then step out and seek cover.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 08:21:53 am »

step out and activate my camera drone. Get as high a view as possible and scout around.

[Mechanics: 9]

Without a hitch, the drone smoothly glides up into the starry sky. It's footage being projected onto the inside of your helmet, you try to get a quick look at the terrain.

[Intelligence: 8+1]

The area immediately surrounding the ship is, as the map suggested, little more than a rocky outcrop. You can't quite make it out from this distance, but it sort of looks like there are some green glowy... things out beyond where the map was marked with the red hexes. They are quite a ways away, however.

Stay behind the door, ready to fire on anything that is clearly hostile; if everyone is out and it's there's no enemies, then step out and seek cover.

You dash over to the side of the door, scanning for hostile contacts. But you don't see anything.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 08:28:55 am »

Keep under cover; go on overwatch. If you know XCOM, you know what I'm talking about.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 09:02:17 am »

Juniper boots up her pAI and asks it:
"If I were somehow able to put you into an observer drone, would you be able to perform reconnaissance without me having to control the drone?"

If the AI's answer is yes, Juniper attempts to download it into the drone.

If not, Juniper takes control of one of her drones and flies it directly South, looking for any routes through the terrain, and any hostile organisms.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 09:03:15 am »

Move out. Stay behind the others.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 10:24:53 am »

Keep under cover; go on overwatch. If you know XCOM, you know what I'm talking about.

You hunker down even harder behind the door, ready to shoot anything that moves.

Juniper boots up her pAI and asks it:
"If I were somehow able to put you into an observer drone, would you be able to perform reconnaissance without me having to control the drone?"

If the AI's answer is yes, Juniper attempts to download it into the drone.

If not, Juniper takes control of one of her drones and flies it directly South, looking for any routes through the terrain, and any hostile organisms.

*beep boop. Would require physical tether with observer device. Observer system, too small; very limited.*

Shrugging your shoulders, you move to manually operate the observer.

[Mechanics: 6-2]

Damn but this thing is hard to control. It takes you several minutes to even get the thing airborne, and then you notice that it's spinning to the left, just enough to make any sort of observation near-impossible.

Move out. Stay behind the others.

You move out of the ship, and huddle behind Doc with your blade at the ready!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 10:45:09 am »

"Here, let me help you with that drone."

Help Juniper with controlling the drone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33