Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 54673 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2017, 09:58:42 pm »

Ok, no, drop the body, take the head, if we don't already have it. Shoot the body multiple times, get the head back to the ship, and recharge my batteries while we're there, if possible.

Well, the body is still connected to the head. Also, your sniper rifle is also almost completely useless at such a short range. You still shoot the corpse a couple of times for good measure, which makes the skin blacken and fizzle a little bit.

[-2s Ammo]

You continue to slog on till you reach the outside, whereupon you see... well...

The ground is, uh, bleeding. Pools of red liquid are seeping up from beneath the ground, as if the island itself is bleeding out.

Flip the hourglass, and analyze the dice.

[Intelligence: 5+1]

This is a fairly difficult set of dice, you quickly realize. There are at least 2 Qs without any Us next to them, and a severe shortage of usable vowels. You hear the scritch-scratch of the figure's pencil writing on a piece of paper. Without looking up, it asks how you are doing.

Keep following the others. Stay silent. Sign on occasion.
((I'm not quite sure what you mean by "sign on occasion", so...))
Back to the ship

The two of you make your way from the heart room to the outside, meeting up with Vlad just as he encounters the sanguine surface. Wow.

oh. Might as well ask to make sure of this shit.
"objective complete, or do we still have to go back there?"

"According to the scanners, most of the bio-signatures are fading from the island. So I'm guessing that means you got the source. You can come back now."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2017, 10:13:19 pm »

"Alright, everyone out. We're getting out of here."

Grab Juniper's body and walk towards the ship.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2017, 11:30:22 pm »

2 Qs without any Us
Objection! boggle cubes are known to have their cubes printed with Qu instead of Q to prevent this exact problem! Your boggle game is not boggle at all!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2017, 06:53:37 am »

... sigh on occasion.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2017, 07:14:59 am »

Just get back to the freaking ship without dying or drowning in a pool of blood (also known as alternate dying). Be prepared for if someone ambushes us.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2017, 07:53:08 am »

2 Qs without any Us
Objection! boggle cubes are known to have their cubes printed with Qu instead of Q to prevent this exact problem! Your boggle game is not boggle at all!
(Yeah, I was thinking that.)

"Not very good... This version seems a little different to what I'm used to..."

Even if I have few vowels, they are essential. Pick one, and work around it to create as many words as possible using it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2017, 10:12:02 am »

haul ass. Make sure everybody still alive gets back to the ship, and the nessesary amount of the dead person too!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2017, 10:36:40 am »

"Alright, everyone out. We're getting out of here."

Grab Juniper's body and walk towards the ship.

Like playing a game of particularly macabre hot potato, you sling the half-Juniper over your shoulder and begin stomping through the pools of blood back to the ship with your compatriots.

Then, suddenly, you hear a rather familiar rumbling sound...

... sigh on occasion.

You spend several seconds sighing deeply as you advance with your squadmates.

Rumble rumble.

Just get back to the freaking ship without dying or drowning in a pool of blood (also known as alternate dying). Be prepared for if someone ambushes us.
haul ass. Make sure everybody still alive gets back to the ship, and the nessesary amount of the dead person too!

The two of you start sprinting for the ship, leaving splashes in the pools of blood in your wake. Then, ripples beginning to reverberate in the sanguine pools, you hear an all-too-familiar rumbling noise coming from beneath you.

2 Qs without any Us
(Yeah, I was thinking that.)

"Not very good... This version seems a little different to what I'm used to..."

Even if I have few vowels, they are essential. Pick one, and work around it to create as many words as possible using it.

[Intelligence: 3+1]

Despite the figure's apparent ease with this board, you are barely able to make out a dozen words before the hourglass runs out. Damn.

As you and the figure compare scores, you learn several new words you'd never heard of before. The figure says not to feel bad. It's had several millennia of practice, after all.

It asks if you would like to play another game. Just to pass the time, of course.

Quote from: Automated piecewise
Approach ship.

You catch up with the non-sprinting group of compatriots. Huzzah!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2017, 10:46:19 am »

"Sure..."

Play another match.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2017, 12:00:00 pm »

"Everyone split up!"

Keep moving towards the ship, but at a distance from others.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2017, 12:10:45 pm »

Get away from the rumbling ground and approaching worm beast. Preferably in the direction of the ship.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2017, 01:40:59 pm »

stop, try to get a sense of where the rumbling is originating from, and get ready to dodge!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2017, 06:30:42 pm »

"... guys? What's that... oh shoot run! RUN!"

Run to the ship! Now! BOOK IT!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2017, 10:25:22 pm »

Chair walk to ship, stow samples, Ask if we're done here. Again.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2017, 05:33:13 pm »

"Sure..."

Play another match.

The figure expresses it's pleasure at your answer. It extends its hands over the dice and rattles them again. Again, it says that it is ready to begin playing when you are.

"Everyone split up!"

Keep moving towards the ship, but at a distance from others.

You make a hard turn to the left, so that you are running to a point slightly to the side of the ship. As you sprint away, you hear an eruption of blood and stone, as a massive shape behind you blots out the already-faint starlight.

Get away from the rumbling ground and approaching worm beast. Preferably in the direction of the ship.

You start running directly towards the ship, as you hear the familiar sound of the beast piercing the earth, and exploding up into the air. The shadow falls over you as you pump your legs as hard as you possibly can.

stop, try to get a sense of where the rumbling is originating from, and get ready to dodge!

[Insight: 7]

Why, it almost feels as if the rumbling is originating from... right beneath you. Oh no.

[Dexterity: 5]

Your split second delay all but eliminated the total time you had to react as a massive wall of flesh erupts from the bloody earth, clipping your leg slightly as you dive out of the way!

[Endurance: 8+1]

Thank god you spent the credits on the T.A. Armor! You feel that if your suit had been just the slightest bit weaker, your suit would have been torn in two! Scrambling, you back away from the creature as fast as you possibly can.

"... guys? What's that... oh shoot run! RUN!"

Run to the ship! Now! BOOK IT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

You sprint for the ship as fast as your legs can take you, screaming all the way.

Chair walk to ship, stow samples, Ask if we're done here. Again.

Well, you can just run back to the ship the same way you got to the blister, right?

You extend your spidery legs, and begin skittering your way back to the ship, as the earth explodes behind you! Damn aliens.

"Higher ups gave me the go-ahead to let the shuttle return.
 'Yer done."

Positioning:

Ship
50 meters
INVICTUS
20 meters
Darwin, August/Juniper, Vladimir
20 meters
Doc
5 meters
Certain Death
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33