Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 54674 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2 Pre-Launch)
« Reply #345 on: August 20, 2017, 11:27:41 am »

Close down the sim and get to Supply.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2017, 12:35:24 pm »

Head to the supply place for the mission knowledge and the murder opportunity.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2017, 08:35:39 am »

Get to supply! Slightly drunkenly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2017, 02:28:52 pm »

"Ah. Sorry, I have to go to this one. Do you mind, I dunno, just remembering how the pieces were, or writing them down?"

Juniper leaves, and heads to Supply.

"Hm."

The librarian pushes a button underneath his desk, and the whole chess set flips upside down back inside of it. Satisfied, you head to Supply.

"You hear that? We're getting shipped out again."
save/end the simulation for now, and get to the supply area.

You reach over to where you remember the control panel being, and bring the simulation to a pause. You save your progress and make your way to Supply.

Get to supply for the mission briefing.
Goes to Supply for brifing
Close down the sim and get to Supply.
Head to the supply place for the mission knowledge and the murder opportunity.
Get to supply! Slightly drunkenly.

The rest of you rush over to Supply.

The supply area is a maze of wooden and steel crates, piles of raw materials, and conveyor belts going in every direction imaginable. The lot of you wander through the towering stacks of tools, materials, boxes, weapons, and other assorted items until you find a clearing in the center. Captain Dimbik leans on his cane, still as homely as ever, along with three other individuals. One is a hulking, shirtless, obscenely muscular man, almost seven feet tall, with tar-black skin and absolutely no hair to be seen anywhere on his body. The second is as fat as the first is tall, rotund and reminding you of a bowling ball which has grown arms and legs. He has a short cropped goatee, and an insufferable smirk on his face. The third is a dwarf of a man man dressed in brown, barely three and a half feet tall, with a gigantic head but the smallest face any of you have ever seen. It appears that someone tried to take all of his facial features and shove them as close to the center of his head as much as possible. He leans against a huge metal cube, about two feet long, tall, and wide.

"It's that time of day again, eh?" Dimbik spits a wad of phlegm on the ground beside him. "This next mission is gonna be a tad more complicated than the last one, alright? But first, it seems that we have one too many people." He strokes his chin as if in thought. "Jubair. Who do you think shouldn't go?"

The gigantic muscular man scowls over the lot of you, with hard piercing eyes. Eventually, he sticks out his hand and points at Vladimir. "Him. I do not like his countenance."

Dimbik sucks in a breath through a hole in his teeth. "Well, looks like it's sayonara Vladimir! Don't hit your head on the way out!"

((And so the mighty random.org has spoken! Better luck next time Glass))

As Vladimir vanishes back into the towering crates and boxes, Dimbik turns to address you once more.

"Alright, let me first introduce a few people. This is Captain Jubair... The giant tilts his head slightly upwards. This is Captain Sworbreck..." The fat man grins at the lot of you. "And this is quartermaster South." The tiny man snorts in reply. "Captains Jubair and Sworbreck are going to be directing the other teams being deployed on this mission. South here has what you're going to be taking along with you."

South stands up and taps the metal cube.

"Your destination for the next mission will be the site of a TerraCo-Sunbreak Corporation research facility on planet Revian in sector Omega-G2. Your job will be to deliver the contents of this here box to the research station, meet up with Jubair's and Sworbreck's teams who will have their own boxes, and assemble the pieces of what's inside.

Now listen up, this is the important part. This box contains parts of an Antimatter Friction-Induction Bomb, while I'll be referring to as an AFIB for the rest of our talk here. The reason we can't send in a single, pre-constructed bomb is because if we did so, the slightest vibration would set it off and blow up everything in a ten-mile radius. We really only need two teams to show up to the build site, but we're sending in three to be safe.

Now, we are completely unable to get satellite imaging of the area where you'll be landing. TerraCo-Sunbreak has some sort of anti-imaging device or whatever that prevents us from being able to get a clear scan of the surface. So when we send you in, you'll only know two things: that you're to the south of the facility,
 and that there will be one hell of a response from them. Expect heavy resistance at all times.

Once you deliver the AFIB parts and assemble the AFIB, you'll have to haul ass back to the shuttle within about a half-hour before everything in the whole area blows up in a gigantic thermonuclear explosion. You won't be able to come back here until the bomb is assembled and has gone off.

Any questions?"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2017, 02:41:55 pm »

"Isn't this like... Really really illegal?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 21, 2017, 02:42:29 pm »

"I'm getting back to practice. Contact me when you need someone who can shoot accurately."
I'm expecting a bonus to my ballistics skill when you guys get back.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2017, 02:48:04 pm »

"Most certainly so. So try not to get caught. You should especially try not to get caught because if you do, we'll remotely kill you via an explosive chip implanted in your skull. To prevent you from giving us away, you understand."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2017, 02:56:13 pm »

"Most certainly so. So try not to get caught. You should especially try not to get caught because if you do, we'll remotely kill you via an explosive chip implanted in your skull. To prevent you from giving us away, you understand."
"sir, If we wanted to give you away, what's stopping us from just doing some surgery? Or making a recording of some sort?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 21, 2017, 03:01:02 pm »

"You people have no survival instincts, do you?"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 21, 2017, 03:06:25 pm »

"sir, If we wanted to give you away, what's stopping us from just doing some surgery? Or making a recording of some sort?"
"I've been around for far too long to fall for something like that. If I told you how we ensure corpsmen don't give us away, you'd probably try to find out how to escape. Just know that if you try any funny business, your whole world goes boom. Okay?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 21, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »

"I've been around for far too long to fall for something like that. If I told you how we ensure corpsmen don't give us away, you'd probably try to find out how to escape. Just know that if you try any funny business, your whole world goes boom. Okay?"
"I'm just saying sir, you left a lot of room open there for planning with your initial statement. Oh, and while I am thinking about it, what's the blast rating on this bomb? Is it one of those planet busters?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 21, 2017, 03:41:07 pm »

"I'm just saying sir, you left a lot of room open there for planning with your initial statement. Oh, and while I am thinking about it, what's the blast rating on this bomb? Is it one of those planet busters?"
"No, not really. The AFIB is designed to completely obliterate everything in it's blast radius via the liberal use of antimatter. Beyond that, I've no idea how it works."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 21, 2017, 03:45:01 pm »

"I better get the chance to watch it, then. Either via video feed or viewport."
get my shit together and load up.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2017, 04:52:27 pm »

"Well, okay then. No questions here."

Get my gear ready and head to the shuttle

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 21, 2017, 05:07:52 pm »

Get my gear and get onboard the shuttle
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33