Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 54040 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2017, 10:13:27 am »

Lean against wall, try and possibly fail to calm down.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2017, 10:26:08 am »

IF I am not in the ship, get in the ship. Should be in the ship by now.

If I am in the ship, get in a pod or a tube or a cryochair or whatever it is that they use to preserve people round here. 

Not the cling wrap though. I once traveled 30 light years in a Glad sandwich bag and while it did keep me fresh I left it a much soggier and unappetizing man.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2017, 03:19:39 pm »

Put Juniper's body in a cryotube, then get in a cryotube myself.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2017, 04:25:24 pm »

Do as instructed, with corpse and samples first.

Well, August is handling Juniper's corpse pretty well, so you step inside the cryo-tube.

work on repairing my smashed drone, and then help the others before loading into a pod.

You take the time before getting into a pod to take a look at the drone remains. However, it's a tad difficult, as during your run you lost a lot of blood from the stab wound on your arm, and you're beginning to feel a tad faint.

Even if you weren't suffering from blood loss, you'd be able to easily tell that there is no repairing that drone. Simply put, you don't have the tools necessary to re-mould plastic, nor do you have soldering tools.

You stumble into a pod.

Lean against wall, try and possibly fail to calm down.

[Will: 9]

With several deep, steady breaths, you manage to calm down from your near-death experience. That was way, way, WAY too close for comfort.

Still reeling, you move to lean on one of the walls... then realize that you've leaned into a stasis pod. Well th-

IF I am not in the ship, get in the ship. Should be in the ship by now.

If I am in the ship, get in a pod or a tube or a cryochair or whatever it is that they use to preserve people round here. 

Not the cling wrap though. I once traveled 30 light years in a Glad sandwich bag and while it did keep me fresh I left it a much soggier and unappetizing man.

You look around at your significantly younger teammates, as they stumble and bounce about the interior of the ship.

Reminiscing on your brief foray into sandwich-bag travel, you casually step into a pod and let the stasis fluid envelop you.

Put Juniper's body in a cryotube, then get in a cryotube myself.

You unceremoniously dump Juniper's corpse in a pod, then do the same with yourself.

Definitely continue receiving help from pAI.

"How about Monopoly? Sorry? Trouble? Jenga? Mahjongg? Or even chess and checkers?"

As the last grains of sand tick town from the hourglass, everything starts to get hazy, and you begin to lose your focus. The figure casually grabs your list and compares it with its own, nodding slightly. Good, it says; you've done much better this time. It will be choosing a different game the next time the two of you meet.

And with that, a searing light pops into existence at the very edges of your vision. It gets brighter and brighter as it fills up more and more of your vision, until all you can see is white. Then, the infinite whiteness fades, revealing a face looming mere inches above your head. It is a bespectacled face, long and lean, with a fairly standard head of black hair, peering intently at you.

"Ja, ja, fery kood. Fital zigns sdapilising, consciousness returned. Velcome pack to zee vorld of zee liffing!"

Everyone else awakes in a clean, white room. Lying on beds with clean, white sheets, they each see a doctor wearing a clean, white lab coat leaning over the decidedly not clean nor white body of Juniper.

POINT ALLOCATION TIME!

Everyone but Juniper gets +5 points in their physical stats and +1 point in their skills.
Juniper gets +3 points in stats and +1 point in skills (because she died).
Everyone gets 5 credits for completing the mission!
Juniper has been fined 1 credit for use of the revival machine.
INVICTUS has been awarded 2 extra credits for returning an extra sample!
You may turn in any items you have back to the station in return for credits equal to half their cost at the Armory, rounded down.
Implants, symbiotes, and the like may not be turned in for credits.
Please post updated sheets in the OOC thread.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:27:07 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Inter-Mission Period. Now Accepting New Characters!)
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2017, 06:22:48 pm »

Let's take a look around, see what facilities we have available to us here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2017, 10:21:02 am »

+1 to alien Weapons
+1 to Will
+ 4 to Int
+1 to charisma
Buy one (1) Jet pack. Save the rest of my credits somewhere safe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2017, 11:14:16 am »

Go to the OOC thread, piecewise. There's a link in the first post of this thread.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2017, 02:36:03 pm »

You all hear a knock on the door, which opens to reveal the grizzled, smiling face of Captain Dimbik.

"Rise and shine lads! Now that you didn't all die horribly, you get let on the ship."

"This station is a multipurpose research facility devoted to the study of the alien crap you drag in here. Now, even though you have partial access, you can't go waltzing around anywhere you please. You only have access to the grey areas of this here map, and you may not enter a facility without the explicit permission of either myself or a head of staff like Dr. Lenval here."

The man in the lab coat sheepishly looks up, smiles, and then goes back to examining Juniper.

"You can tell where most personnel work by looking at their uniform. Their uniform will match the color of the area they work in on the map.

If you have any questions, make em' quick. I don't have all day."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2017, 03:26:48 pm »

might as well go to the holodeck and practice shooting.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2017, 04:20:53 pm »

Sounds about right. I'll do that too.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2017, 08:51:40 am »

Darwin heads to the bar.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 14, 2017, 10:50:17 am »

Sounds about right. I'll do that too.

The two of you proceed to the holodeck.

The holodeck itself is a fairly cluttered room, holographic tables and headsets strewn about haphazardly. Most of this mess appears to have been caused by the gentleman in the lime green jumpsuit, who is wildly flailing about without direction or control.

You don't think you'll be able to get at any of the equipment until you calm him down.

Darwin heads to the bar.

The bar is a rather dimly lit space, a stark contrast to the clean, clinical build of the rest of the ship. A piano rests in the corner, some wood tables with chairs are laid out, and the bar is manned by a muscular, mustached man currently wiping a glass down.

Sitting at the bar are a man and a woman, both with short blonde hair and each wearing a purple jumpsuit and a red uniform, respectively. The bartender nods to you as you step in.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2017, 10:54:46 am »

"Whaa.... Boggle...?"

Juniper mutters as she comes to consciousness.

She attempts to get up.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2017, 11:17:57 am »

grab the man's flailing arms and put them behind his back. He is a danger to everyone like he is now.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2017, 01:40:24 pm »

"Whaa.... Boggle...?"

Juniper mutters as she comes to consciousness.

She attempts to get up.

The face jerks back as you swing your body around and sit upright on the bed.

"Ja! Hello! Do not vorry, ve regrow legs! How are you feeling?"

grab the man's flailing arms and put them behind his back. He is a danger to everyone like he is now.

[Strength: 1+1]

Your grip on his arm is both weak and slippery, and thus the man is able to wrench his hand free. Incidentally, as the hand flies up out of your grip is connects with your face, leaving a stinging slap across you cheek.

The man stops flailing about, and removes a small plastic film from both of his eyes, which look rather like contact lenses. "Something you want?" he asks, sounding slightly annoyed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33