Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 54812 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)
« Reply #465 on: September 18, 2017, 10:24:05 am »

Form metal into a chair and ride along with the group, mostly bored.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 18, 2017, 02:34:55 pm »

"well, let's find some wiring or security measure."
look for a panel or try to locate some wiring connected to the door.  Try to bypass security by hacking or rewireing it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 26, 2017, 04:21:38 pm »

"Well, don't leave me out."

Try to unlock the door using the adaptive rod

[Mechanics: 10]

You extend the shimmering metal into the door mechanism, and have it fiddle around a bit before you hear a satisfying *click*! As you retract the rod with a smirk, the door opens! Then it closes! And it opens again! And it closes again! The door continues to open and close at an extremely fast rate, far too quick for anyone to run through without getting slammed into the ground first.

Form metal into a chair and ride along with the group, mostly bored.

You extend the metal legs, and skitter over to your teammates, currently goggling over a door which is slamming open and shut in rapid succession.

"well, let's find some wiring or security measure."
look for a panel or try to locate some wiring connected to the door.  Try to bypass security by hacking or rewireing it.

There was a security panel on the door, but you don't think that attempting to access it at this time would be a wise idea what with all the slamming going on.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 26, 2017, 04:44:19 pm »

Juniper rubs her hands together, thinking. After a moment, she shakes her head.
"This might lack finesse, but I'm just gonna try zapping the door. Let's hope some component in it gets fried. Since it's already in an unlocked state, all we need to do is get it to stop moving, right? Even if it stops in a bad place, we can just muscle it open."
With that in mind, she puts her hands dangerously close to the fast moving door and administers an electric jolt.

Spoiler: Juniper (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 26, 2017, 05:23:45 pm »

"great job ruining the door's sensor, dummy. Now it'll be a lost cause unless we shut the entire facility down somehow."
try to figure out how to cut power to the door, and pray I can do it while it is in the up position.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 26, 2017, 07:46:31 pm »

((PTW))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 26, 2017, 09:56:48 pm »

"You know, now we just have to find something to put inside the door so it gets stuck open. Like a big metal crate."

Look around for anything that could go in the door and hold it open.

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 27, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »

Juniper rubs her hands together, thinking. After a moment, she shakes her head.
"This might lack finesse, but I'm just gonna try zapping the door. Let's hope some component in it gets fried. Since it's already in an unlocked state, all we need to do is get it to stop moving, right? Even if it stops in a bad place, we can just muscle it open."
With that in mind, she puts her hands dangerously close to the fast moving door and administers an electric jolt.

You start spraying electricity all over the door. What could possibly go wrong?

[Dexterity: 8]
[Luck/Fate/???: 9]

Not much, as it turns out. You manage to administer a zap when the door is in the open position, causing black smoke to billow forth! Also, the door stops moving!

You peer through the billowing black smoke to see a room filled with all sorts of machines, which most appear to be manufacturing robots. On the far side of the room, you see a glass case filled with some truly bizzare-looking weaponry. Glowing energy cores, lumps of meat fused with metal, and lots of other things besides!

Oh, you also see somewhere around a bazillion security lasers and automated turrets around the case. Thankfully, none of them are pointing at you for the time being.

"great job ruining the door's sensor, dummy. Now it'll be a lost cause unless we shut the entire facility down somehow."
try to figure out how to cut power to the door, and pray I can do it while it is in the up position.
"You know, now we just have to find something to put inside the door so it gets stuck open. Like a big metal crate."

Look around for anything that could go in the door and hold it open.

Looks like Juniper fried the door open. Which is good, because you don't want to consider what might have happened if she hadn't gotten extremely, extremely lucky. As you peer through the smoke, you see the aforementioned room, weapons case, and security system.

Henderson also looks through the door before yelling back down the corridor you all came from.

"Hey! Get the bomb parts back here!"

The fellow who directed the lot of you back here arrives a few moments later, slowly pushing the bomb parts towards the door.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 27, 2017, 05:20:37 pm »

aid as best I can with moving the bomb parts, then try to see if there is a way to cut power to the room anyway, since we Don't particularly want to deal with those turrets.
You know that feeling when you just defeated a really tough obstacle only to have to go back and do the actions you wanted to do anyway because of a new one? I'm feeling that and deja vu right now.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 27, 2017, 06:29:25 pm »

"Well. How do they clean that case? No, I'm being serious. There has to be a shutdown function for cleaning that thing."

Look around for a Maintenance panel or something.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 27, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »

Help with moving the bomb parts.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 27, 2017, 08:36:14 pm »

Juniper simply sits by the side of the door and lets someone more qualified handle the security system.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2017, 06:11:36 pm »

Spoiler: GM NOTE (click to show/hide)

aid as best I can with moving the bomb parts, then try to see if there is a way to cut power to the room anyway, since we Don't particularly want to deal with those turrets.
You know that feeling when you just defeated a really tough obstacle only to have to go back and do the actions you wanted to do anyway because of a new one? I'm feeling that and deja vu right now.

You run back around to help Darwin push the bomb parts to the room as you ponder your current predicament.

[Insight: 1]

Perhaps there is a generator within the room? That would be the obvious answer, anyway.

"Well. How do they clean that case? No, I'm being serious. There has to be a shutdown function for cleaning that thing."

Look around for a Maintenance panel or something.

[Intelligence: 7+1]

There appears to be two maintenance panels in the accessible part of the room. One is located next to the door and has a number pad, while the other is next to one of the pieces of heavy machinery and has a scanner of some sort.

Help with moving the bomb parts.

You and Doc push the bomb parts into the room, just behind the other box.

Juniper simply sits by the side of the door and lets someone more qualified handle the security system.

Dum de dum de dum dum doo.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:08 pm »

"Does someone with some experience hacking things want to take a look at those panels?"

If no one else volunteers, walk over to the panel with the scanner and try to figure out what it is supposed to do. Don't try to scan anything though.

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2017, 08:10:03 pm »

"Oooh! Me! Me! I know just how hacking works!"

Juniper walks over to the panel with the keypad, rubbing her hands together. After a moment, she liberally applies electricity to the panel.

Spoiler: Juniper (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33