Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "You cannot fell the trees here"  (Read 1897 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
"You cannot fell the trees here"
« on: July 13, 2017, 12:56:33 pm »

I crafted a siltstone axe, and decided to experiment with building. So I walked up to the nearest tree, hit "g", then "e" for "fell ash."
"You cannot fell the trees here."
Does this mean the trees are too tough for this particular axe? I've only tried an ash and a pear tree.

On an unrelated note, what is the significance of an abandoned house? (The rest of the town is inhabited.)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: "You cannot fell the trees here"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »

I had trouble chopping down trees with a chalk axe. Ended-up smelting some copper stuff into a copper axe using Wanderer's Friend mod.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 01:52:28 pm »

It's just means that you are, probably, on the site of some sort (hamlet/forest retreat/hillrock/fortress etc.). You cannot modify most of worldgen sites in any way including felling trees and building. Try chopping some trees further from cities.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 09:17:21 pm »

Abandoned house means likely they died in worldgen, like say a roc attacked and devoured some farmers.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.