Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 139118 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1140 on: September 10, 2017, 01:38:57 pm »

Sort of.

We spend three dice to start the project, plus as many as needed to progress it, at the halfway mark the GM will roll three prototype dice (not taken from our supply) which represent the standard "Efficiency, Cost, Bugs" rolls of other arms race games. We can't spend additional dice on these rolls, nor get bonuses outside of special events like the royal funding.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 10, 2017, 04:14:56 pm »

That realization when you want your Prototype to have a 6,5,6 instead of the Project. My projection is karma going bite us in the but and we'll get like a (2,3+2,2) on our Prototype because this seeming really ridiculous rolls. Anyways revision time.

Streamlined Pipe Patterns: By making redundant system and other unnecessary complexities in the machinery removed in the Vanguard Cannon, we can reduce the total Ore of having to deploy a fully functional cannon. The pipes in the cannon need to only have straight-forward and simpler purposes instead of devising multiple complexities, by having a singular pipe fit a multi-role of venting out excess steam through the cannon and also pumping out water, their will be less need for multiple pipes in the cannon. This will in return mean less need for the total amount of Ore for the complexities of its pipes.

User-Friendly Vanguard Mount: By utilizing our current Small Vanguard Conversion Mount, we can apply ergonomic and general improvements to its base so that's it not a "bitch" of an environment to run in. Excess room is open for the Gunner to allow them to have a more comfortable area to operate their cannon in, as their will be more expanded space to allow the heat to circumvent in the air to allow the Gunner not have to breathe in a sweltering hell. Also by allowing more finely-tuned space for the Vanguard's Barrel to operate in, it will allow it to operate as a gun swivel and have the ability to sway and tune its aim, slightly but not that significantly.

Quote from: Revisions
Streamlined Pipe Patterns: (1) Shadowclaw
User-Friendly Vanguard Mount: (1) Shadowclaw
We have already used revisions to cheapen the vanguard and mount it. We will run into diminishing returns if we try this.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 10, 2017, 04:41:21 pm »

It requires 8 Ore, 3 Crystal, and 3 wood outfit a single Vanguard Cannon with its Mount. While indeed we already spent a revision to adhere to its massive Ore requirements. We can barely afford two of these things, why? Well because we are horrible suffering a massive Ore drain. While it may have diminishing returns, if we can make the Vanguard Cannon cost 4 Ore that will go in the long way to mass-produce these cannons. Maybe we could spend a design on a Vanguard Cannon Production Facility?, who knows at this point

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 10, 2017, 05:14:46 pm »

Cutting something's ore cost by half would require a fantastic roll even if we weren't going to suffer from diminishing return penalties. That's not going to do enough to the cost to be worth the dice I don't think.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 10, 2017, 05:36:28 pm »

The Vanguard Cannon cost 5 Ore and 3 Crystals. The Cannon Conversion Mount cost 3 Ore and 3 Wood. The Goal is to reduce the Cannon, not the Mount, from 5 Ore to 4 or 3, to be more easy for mass-production. We're straining enough on Ore Production. Also all our effort should be prioritized on aerial ship combat, we got wreck twice whenever we encounter their corvette. Infantry combat with the grenades are fine and all for countering their  infantry cannons, but can we actually deploy the marines with them if their transports get rekt by their corvettes?, and our corvettes suck against defending against their corvettes.

Question @Draignean, it is stated their cannon is about twice as powerful as a LAC Cannon blast. It is stated our shroud from the Medium Core Crystal can take about twelve blast and than some more from being breached. Does the Ophsidian ship know how many blast from the double power LAC before the shroud from the Medium Core Crystal is buckled?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 06:29:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 10, 2017, 05:53:36 pm »

The Ophidian suffered a breach, not a buckling. Since the cannons firing on her were of mixed power, it's difficult to say with any certainty.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 11, 2017, 03:38:31 pm »

User-Friendly Vanguard Mount: (2) Shadowclaw, Kashyyk
Grenade Bolts: (1) helmacon
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 11, 2017, 03:48:23 pm »

Alright, I'd like to run revisions soonish, but, since Bay12 was struck with a bolt of stupid, I'm willing to hold off if people want more time.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 11, 2017, 05:07:49 pm »

I don't like any of those revisions honestly but you know what we need is a focused fire tactic;

Coordinated fire
Using our superior communication capabilities our ships coordinate their and focus targets. This tactic prevents allows our ships to make the most effective use of their firepower as the situation changes. Further more it will prevent our ships from chasing around enemy skiffs unnecessarily.

Trim Crystal Turrets
By upgrading the rotation mechanism with small trim crystals on either side we can vastly improve the rate our guns can turn and the speed at which they can acquire a target.

Grenade Bolts: (1) helmacon
Coordinated Fire: (1) Jerick
Trim Crystal turrets : ()

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 11, 2017, 05:11:15 pm »

I don't like any of those revisions honestly but you know what we need is a focused fire tactic;

Coordinated fire
Using our superior communication capabilities our ships coordinate their and focus targets. This tactic prevents allows our ships to make the most effective use of their firepower as the situation changes. Further more it will prevent our ships from chasing around enemy skiffs unnecessarily.

Trim Crystal Turrets
By upgrading the rotation mechanism with small trim crystals on either side we can vastly improve the rate our guns can turn and the speed at which they can acquire a target.

Grenade Bolts: (2) helmacon, NAV
Coordinated Fire: (2) Jerick, NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 11, 2017, 06:49:00 pm »

Grenade Bolts
Efficacy: 1

Turns out, the miniaturization necessary to stick a grenade to the end of the bolt in away that maintains accuracy AND keeps it from exploding randomly are non-trivial. Prototypes were either ridiculously bulky and painful to assemble in the field, or they exploded when bumped, jostled, or mentioned unfavorably within ten meters. In the end, nothing significant is able to be deployed to the men.

It is now the production, deployment, and tactics phase.

Spire Kasgyre's production stands at,
13/y Crystal, 13/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 17/85 banked
19/y Wood, 83/95 banked
10/y Silk, 45/50 banked

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

---

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 11, 2017, 07:28:49 pm »

User-Friendly Vanguard Mount: (1) Shadowclaw
Grenade Bolts: (2) helmacon, NAV
Coordinated Fire: (2) Jerick, NAV,Kashyyk

I still want better Vanguard mounts,  but this has a much more immediate and proven-required effect.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 11, 2017, 07:35:07 pm »

Did you miss the turn Kashyyk? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 12, 2017, 01:59:53 am »

Apparently. I blame it on Draig's post being on a page by itself.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 12, 2017, 10:46:37 am »

Something to bear in mind; because of our earlier attempts to take out their transports they are almost guaranteed to try something like that here. They know our ships are badly damaged and there is no reason for them to stay garrisoning TC this turn. They'll know we don't have anything left in reserve. I think they'll be coming after them probably with everything. It would be the best choice for them and would capitalize on their victory. Losing either the transport or the last Viper is unacceptable but we also need them brought back to the spire as soon as possible.

Tactics:
Quote from: Indirect withdrawal
Skiff at TC move to Blackstone and use AAM (hopefully they will see it leave and give chase rather than the important ships)
Mercury and RKNV Ophidian pull out towards the unfinished and use scouting tactics (scouting tactics has been shown to be good a concealing things
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 178