Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 139297 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1200 on: September 18, 2017, 03:21:38 pm »

You can't. She doesn't actually get a power boost, it's just remarkable she can grow full quality crystal despite being a bloody princess. 

err... Draig? The design was specially for better quality crystals though. It had nothing to do with a production line or an increase in production...

Design: Thaddeus Class Crystal
Traditionally, Crystal is grown in vats deep within the spire. The dirty environment and limited aetheric influences means that even the most vigilant farmer will end up with impurities in his crystals. Thaddeus Class crystals take a new approach. They are grown on the outside of the spire on ledges, or at the very top above the royal chambers. The crystals produced here under much purer atheric influence are of unequivocally high quality. While this would normally be expensive due to the specialized equipment required to tend Crystal vats on the edges of cliffs, the crown has promised funding and subsidies to alleviate any additional costs. It us rumored that the Crystal grown atop the royal chambers at the height of the spire are even tended by the princess herself, in memory of her late father. Such crystals are set to turn the tide of the war. 
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 18, 2017, 03:24:07 pm »

You can't. She doesn't actually get a power boost, it's just remarkable she can grow full quality crystal despite being a bloody princess. 

err... Draig? The design was specially for better quality crystals though. It had nothing to do with a production line or an increase in production...

Design: Thaddeus Class Crystal
Traditionally, Crystal is grown in vats deep within the spire. The dirty environment and limited aetheric influences means that even the most vigilant farmer will end up with impurities in his crystals. Thaddeus Class crystals take a new approach. They are grown on the outside of the spire on ledges, or at the very top above the royal chambers. The crystals produced here under much purer atheric influence are of unequivocally high quality. While this would normally be expensive due to the specialized equipment required to tend Crystal vats on the edges of cliffs, the crown has promised funding and subsidies to alleviate any additional costs. It us rumored that the Crystal grown atop the royal chambers at the height of the spire are even tended by the princess herself, in memory of her late father. Such crystals are set to turn the tide of the war. 

Because I'm having a devil of a time with that ad your bugs roll...

Give me bit and I'll re-think it. I admit, I skimmed, and I got a wee it too busy after the Wrethan turn.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 18, 2017, 03:28:35 pm »

Ok. Thank you Draig.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 18, 2017, 03:35:34 pm »

They are excellent rolls, definitely. Makes me think there might be something to Wreth's complaints of dice bias. It's not our fault if we are lived by RNGesus, but I digress.

I'd suggest revising out that 1 in 3 risk, otherwise it'll certainly bite us in the ass. I'd also like to have another go at the small Vanguard mount, to get something that's more than theoretically useful.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 18, 2017, 03:43:49 pm »

Alright, revised version, with quality over quantity.

Prototype Result: Imperial Topaz: Special Cost | Glorious crystal of deep amber hue, Imperial Topaz is the nickname for crystal grown by the princess herself in the Garden of Glass. Whatever the technique used by the princess, these creations are of peerless quality, effectively twice as good as a standard crystal. The princess, however, is no vatterer, and does not answer directly to... anyone. As such, production is eccentric. Every round, the princess will have 2d6 random crystal items that she can make. These items have normal cost, but are only available in the amounts specified.

I think I mixed up some parts of the Toby initiative when I was thinking up your original.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 18, 2017, 03:47:48 pm »

Luv u Draig! <3

New design is awesome!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »

I'm not surprised, I did push for a quantity design.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 18, 2017, 04:20:06 pm »

Theoretically, how many transport capacity would a ship need to support a hanging garden?

We can have up to 25 hanging crystal gardens right now (10 on kasgyre, 5 on each demispire), which would produce 25 crystal per turn and cost 50 of each rescource, which is 5 full years of production. So we should expand our crystal gardens slowly, one or two per year.

We should buy almost everything the princess offers since its twice the quality and the same cost. If we ever plan on buying a normal version of the object again we should buy one the princess offers instead, unless we have a huge surplus of that or a dire need of something the princess isn't offering.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:49:09 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 18, 2017, 04:29:12 pm »

You can build Hanging Gardens equal to either to a maximum of 5, or the maximum amount of crystal a Spire produces. All of our other spires besides the home spire, produce 1 Crystal, we can only give them 1 hanging garden, which technically doubles their crystal production.

So right now the technical max is 5+4, or 9 gardens.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:31:46 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 18, 2017, 04:33:23 pm »

You misread. It says up to a maximum if five, or the maximum amount a spire produces, whichever is higher.

Edit: the home spire will start with a full complement of these. That's 10. 10 extra crystal production for free when we finish this design. I don't believe what I'm reading and expect to wake up any moment.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:38:52 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 18, 2017, 04:44:26 pm »

Alright. That'll help magnificently. Now onto the revisions. Also, shit that's 10 crystal automatically and another potential 15 per turn O.O

Widespread Royal Topaz
By implementing the improvements the princess has seemingly made to the crystals she produces into mainstream construction, we could ensure our production of Royal Topaz core & trim crystals are not reliant on the princess' whims. Such crystals would need updated weapons to work correctly for offensive purposes outside of blowing up.

For the cause!
While the princess' enthusiasm for crystal growing has gained much public support for the art, the military leadership is conflicted over the need to buy the equipment off of her; Kasgyr's military serves the royalty and is funded by them, so why must the royalty charge the military for the equipment the military needs if they've already produced it? The answer most officers have some to is to effectively mandate the princess to do her part as the heir apparent (Which should have a knock-on effect of having everyone participate in the economy of the war more fully)

Topaz Kettleguns
While the crystals the princess produces are decidedly effective in leaps and bounds, our weapons cannot utilise them in fear of... well, for lack of better words, blowing up. Revising our kettleguns to use imperial topaz crystals safely could give us a marked increas in firepower, rate of fire, or both.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:48:11 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 18, 2017, 04:45:27 pm »

You misread. It says up to a maximum if five, or the maximum amount a spire produces, whichever is higher.

Edit: the home spire will start with a full complement of these. That's 10. 10 extra crystal production for free when we finish this design. I don't believe what I'm reading and expect to wake up any moment.

It's not often you roll an eight.
---

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 18, 2017, 04:48:19 pm »

I was going to suggest pushing hard on the unfinished with marines so we could capture it's crystal production but that seems significantly less important now. This is as good as capturing a demi spire instantly. Actually no wait it's better as we can upgrade all our demi spires. If we can get TC then we'll have a massive resource lead.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 18, 2017, 04:54:56 pm »

We already have an extra 10 crystal, and we can make another 15 on our home demi-spires. We've basically bypassed the need to conquer for crystal at all!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 18, 2017, 06:16:25 pm »

We already have an extra 10 crystal, and we can make another 15 on our home demi-spires. We've basically bypassed the need to conquer for crystal at all!

Make bullets out of crystal!
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 178