Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 139081 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1230 on: September 20, 2017, 01:38:21 am »

IT was on the Discord, not here. Someone was gonna crosspost that though.

Either way, seems a little wasteful to have topaz weaponry if we can't make topaz reliably. And co-ordinated fire is useless without a fleet to which we can co-ordinate fire.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 20, 2017, 02:21:38 am »

We kept putting it off whilst we had a fleet, then we went through two major engagements where having it would've meant we still had a fleet afterwards. I want to fix that before we do it a third time, because at that point it's just negligence.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 20, 2017, 03:18:09 am »

We do it next turn then. Because right now we cannot use it. Sure, it was negligent to to have developed it earlier, but we can't change the past. Better guns and being able to produce them reliably will magnify the effects of concentrated fire.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 20, 2017, 09:10:36 am »

We kept putting it off whilst we had a fleet, then we went through two major engagements where having it would've meant we still had a fleet afterwards. I want to fix that before we do it a third time, because at that point it's just negligence.
This was the exact sentiment I expressed on discord. Every time focused has come up it has gotten voted down in favor of something more pressing. I'd just like to have so we don't need to worry about forgetting it or another issue popping up that needs our dice to fix right away.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 20, 2017, 10:20:26 am »

Quote from: votebox
[3] Widespread Royal Topaz: Taricus, BBBence1111, Shadowclaw
[1] For the cause!: Taricus
[5] Topaz Kettleguns: Nav, Jerick, helmacon, BBBence1111, Shadowclaw
[4] Coordinated fire: Nav, Jerick, helmacon, Kashyyk
[1] Trim Powered Turret rotation: Kashyyk

A meaningless vote...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 25, 2017, 11:11:12 am »

I am posting information from the discord here for reference. Mostly about crystals.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 25, 2017, 12:23:10 pm »

Well that was an amusing read.  With that I will change my votes:

Quote from: votebox
[4] Widespread Royal Topaz: Taricus, BBBence1111, Shadowclaw, Kashyyk
[1] For the cause!: Taricus
[6] Topaz Kettleguns: Nav, Jerick, helmacon, BBBence1111, Shadowclaw, Kashyyk
[3] Coordinated fire: Nav, Jerick, helmacon
[] Trim Powered Turret rotation:

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 26, 2017, 12:22:18 pm »

Topaz Kettleguns
Efficacy: 6
Kasgyrite engineers who were 'gifted' several samples of imperial topaz have been able to make considerable steps forward in integrating them into existing cannon archetypes. Their finished product, a whorled creation of copper with a slightly eccentric shape to the barrel, is easily the match of the stronger light cannons recently fielded by Wreth. It's range and rate of fire are identical to that of a standard LAC, but it's stopping power is doubled and its bolt now carries a distinctive amber hue.

However, the Engineers freely admit that the cannon was developed via a heavily experimental approach, and they understand little of the underlying mechanics behind it. It has become clear to them that the shape and material of the barrel, the positioning and structure of the weapons crystal, and the timing and strength of the activation charge all play critical roles in the formation of the hard aether projectile. However, the actual interactions, whether in detail or in broad strokes, are as yet unknown.  The engineers note that the current design is a rare breakthrough- a one-in-six stroke of luck. The kettlegun and the Vanguard can now be fitted as topaz variants.

Widespread Royal Topaz
Efficacy: 2
The Princess is as enigmatic as ever, and makes absolutely no promises to distribute her methods to the common people. She makes a few, heavily couched, assurances that she will attempt to allay shortages by allowing a few trusted individuals to begin learning her secrets. It's a very small step forward.

The 2d6 rolled to determine how many Imperial Topaz items can be made is now 2d6+1

It is now the production, deployment, and tactics phase.

Spire Kasgyre's production stands at,
13/y Crystal, 20/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 26/85 banked
19/y Wood, 84/95 banked
10/y Silk, 50/50 banked

Spoiler: Imperial Topaz List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 26, 2017, 12:39:40 pm »

Sweet.

Whilst Topaz Grenades would be hella satisfying, I  think it would be more efficient you create a grenade production line if some sort.  I'd recommend buying up everything but the trim crystal pairs though:

Imperial Shopping List:
2x fireteams of crystal gauntlets (2c, 2o)
2x Kettleguns (2c, 2o)
1x VS Lift (2c, 2o)
1x Trim Web (1c, 1o, 3w)

Hey Draig, can we declare designs as obsolete so that we nor the Princess can produce them anymore?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 26, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »

Hey Draig, can we declare designs as obsolete so that we nor the Princess can produce them anymore?

Yeah, that makes sense. Expect it to take some time to get it back in production if you reverse your decision though.

No mothballing everything but medium cores just to get a bunch of Topaz variants. :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 26, 2017, 01:14:45 pm »

Quote from: Regroup and Rearm
Imperial Topaz shopping: (Total cost: 8o,10c,3w)
2x grenades (2o,2c)
1x gauntlets (1o,1c)
2x kettleguns (2o,2c)
1 trim web (1o,1c,3w)
1 vs lift crystal (2c,2o)
2 pair of trim crystals (2c)

Test all the royal topaz items to find out their exact capabilities.

Buy 1 squad of aethersilk vests (16s)

Entire fleet (Ophidian, Mercury, 4 skiffs) travels from Burned Mountain to Glowcove. Going back to Kasgyre taking the route less likely to encounter Wreth ships. 1 skiff souting, the rest on airborne ambush.

Mercury picks up the squad at Glowcove for redeployment.

Marines at TC keep pushing forward with flanking maneuvers.

We should buy the grenades because we have no guarantee of a production line any time soon and they are a very good deal.

We should buy the trim crystals to repair the Ophidian. They are comparable to a trim web but cheaper.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:43:29 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 26, 2017, 06:10:52 pm »

We should avoid the trim crystals for now; it'd be a bitch to retrofit webs later. But the grenades we should definitely get.

Either way, building another transport is a priority, and making sure we can refit the mothballed viper after that is necessary to get our fleet back up to scratch.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 26, 2017, 06:14:20 pm »

We should at least buy 2 trim crystals for the transport then. Because a faster and more agile transport is the same price and more likely to survive and escape combat.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 26, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »

Good point, that should definitely be done; we know Wreth has upgraded their skiffs but not their transports if the battle reports are anything to go on.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 27, 2017, 06:26:37 am »

Equipping the Anguis or the other Viper hill will take us an entire turn right? If so I think we should see if we can equip at lest one of them this turn so that we at least have some form ood navy.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 178