Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 137864 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1335 on: October 20, 2017, 11:55:22 am »

Added the silk to the description.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 20, 2017, 12:00:56 pm »

Quote from: Design Phase - 5 Dice
Projects:
Ironwood
Shroudcart: [2] NAV, Talion
Dedicated Core Crystals
Naval Boot Camp

Hold 2 dice: [2] NAV, Talion
I feel like the last sentence of the shroud cart design cuts off (stronger than).

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 20, 2017, 12:03:13 pm »

Quote from:  Layered water tank armour
This design proposes using several water tanks as a form of armour. These copper tanks would be wide, tall, thin and stacked together. There would be an integrated pump that can spray some of the held water across the sections of the ship not covered by the armour. Before going into battle these tanks should not be 100% full and instead must have at least some empty space in each, this is so the movement of the water inside can help adsorb and distribute kinetic impacts when it is hit by a projectile. The water in the tanks also help keep the tanks from melting when subjected to extreme heat such as the heat imparted by aether cannon shots or the enemies spitball gun. There is a pressure release valve on the tanks that prevent steam pressure pressure in the tank from reaching dangerous levels and water from the tanks are to be circulated through a series of zigzagging copper pipes beneath the ship. These copper pipes should be setup to maximize surface area and thus increase the amount of available passive cooling.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:00 pm »

I finished that last sentence haha.

If anyone wants to write a better description or name for the shroud cart, please........
I am not good at fluff, my name and writeup makes it sound simple and inelegant and unrefined like Kasgyre engineering shouldn't be..........
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 20, 2017, 02:05:30 pm »

Riffing off of shroud carts, I've come up with the following ideas:

Quote from: Personal Shrouds
An upgrade to a standard aethersilk vest, instead of using the silk directly to absorb aether blasts, the silk is hooked up to a dhingy core crystal carried in a small back pack. When activated this will generate a shroud, enough to protect a fire team as they advance. Sustained gauntlet fire will eventually break through and an aethercannon will buckle it, but that's still a volley of gauntlets and a cannon shot that our men are not taking in the face.

Quote from: Mobile Cover
We see the Wrethi wooden barricades and we raise them this design. A large panel of wood, about the same shape as a door has a very small core crystal and a few tiny lift crystals attached. Marines can then move the cover as needed using handles and easily replicate it across difficult terrain. This will allow us to advance our forces behind a fortification that can generate a shroud to block cannon fire, and is wide enough to block crossbow bolts. A number of firing slits are included both to help the marines see where they are going and to fire from behind total cover. Naturally it also includes a silk lining along the back to collect the energy needed.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:34:10 pm by Kashyyk »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 20, 2017, 02:24:24 pm »

I really like the mobile cover because lift crystals would have better mobility in rough terrain and wheels are an easily damaged weak point.

I would include a small viewing slit in the cover so they can see where they're going and (maybe) snipe through with crossbows or gauntlets.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:28:36 pm by NAV »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 20, 2017, 02:39:17 pm »

I've added firing slits to the mobile cover.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 20, 2017, 02:45:08 pm »

Projects:
Ironwood
Shroudcart: [1] Talion
Dedicated Core Crystals
Naval Boot Camp
Personal Shroud:
Mobile Cover: [1] NAV

Hold 2 dice: [2] NAV, Talion

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 21, 2017, 02:27:01 am »

Projects:
Ironwood
Dedicated Core Crystals
Naval Boot Camp
Personal Shroud:
Mobile Cover: [2] NAV, Kashyyk

Hold 2 dice: [3] NAV, Talion, Kashyyk
[/quote]

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 21, 2017, 11:35:40 am »

Hmm, the mobile cover doesn't have any mention of silk to power the crystals. May I suggest giving it a silk lining to provide power to the crystal, and act as a final line of defense against aether weapons if the shroud fails?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 21, 2017, 12:54:38 pm »

I'd assumed that "enough silk to not be useless " is inherent in the design, but i agree that it would be better to be explicit than risk a bad bug roll cause it to be useless.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 21, 2017, 02:53:20 pm »

Sorry for being annoying and nitpicky, but you added the silk to the shroud backpack design, not the shroud shield we are voting for. It should be a layer behind the wood, side effect of blocking gauntlet blasts when the shroud is depleted.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 21, 2017, 03:34:34 pm »

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 23, 2017, 07:37:32 am »

Projects:
Ironwood
Dedicated Core Crystals
Naval Boot Camp: [1] Jerick
Personal Shroud:
Mobile Cover: [2] NAV, Kashyyk

Hold 2 dice: [4] NAV, Talion, Kashyyk, Jerick

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 23, 2017, 02:47:49 pm »

Turn coming soon, barring changeups.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 178