Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 139310 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #2445 on: May 23, 2018, 04:49:28 pm »

I'm quite certain that Draig wouldn't just take permanent resources off of us, he'd just give us the ability to make the decision.

For the Resource Exchange, that was discussed quite a while ago.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: May 23, 2018, 04:51:16 pm »

If he gives us the choice, I would choose no, and it would be a wasted dice. (Assuming you people are sane and also choose no)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: May 23, 2018, 04:52:37 pm »

Well obviously, but there's also the chance to improve the Production Line by spending actual resources, in the same way we'd spent resources to build it in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:58:38 pm by Kashyyk »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: May 23, 2018, 04:53:07 pm »

I'm quite certain that Draig wouldn't just take permanent resources off of us, he'd just give us the ability to make the decision.
In the past Draig has been quite clear that spending resource income as permanent resource income loss was a hole he didn't want to start going down.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: May 23, 2018, 04:56:20 pm »

Well obviously, but there's also the chance to improve the Production Line by spending actual resources, in the same way wet spent resort's to build it in the first place.
I don't believe that. I don't believe that mechanic could be added with a revision. What draig said sounded way too ominous for that.

I don't mind the resource exchange one as much, it reminds me of Settlers of Catan. I still don't think we should do it, we have a varied enough armoury that it is almost always better to spend that resource on something than to trade it at a loss.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: May 23, 2018, 05:06:37 pm »

I don't believe that. I don't believe that mechanic could be added with a revision. What draig said sounded way too ominous for that
First Draig likes to sound ominous and has enjoyed sounding ominous every chance he got throughout the entire game. Second revisions don't natively support resource expenditure in the current rules so one way or another something has to change if we attempt it and he's been pretty clear that we can attempt it. Thirdly we've changed the mechanics before with the Imperial Topaz (even though I believe that was a design)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: May 23, 2018, 05:09:52 pm »

Draignean - Today at 12:32 PM
Whether you revise a method of spending them...

That is the definition of the Investment Revision.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: May 23, 2018, 07:22:14 pm »

Quote from: Tactic: Hold the Line
We have great retreat based defensive tactics. The problem is, sometimes there is no retreat. We need a good defensive tactic for holding our ground. Whether it is to hold out long enough for reinforcements, or to break them until we can turn the tide and advance.

Choose a good defensible location to make a final stand. Fortify, fortify, fortify. Can't make a truly impenetrable fortress without spirestone, but we can make one that takes a whole lot of time, manpower, and resources to conquer. Layers of sacrificial barriers should be built in front of the main wall to force them to use up cannon shots . Supplies should be kept stockpiled to repair and rebuild the walls during lulls in the fighting.

Eliminate as much cover that our oppenents could use as possible. Keep a vigilant watch. Try to make it so there is no way for them to advance without taking heavy fire.

Borrow the trap setting from Prepared Bait and Strike. Borrow the effective use of shields and mobile covers from Shield Wall.

Use grenades as demolition charges to modify the terrain to our advantage.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:46:00 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: May 24, 2018, 12:20:01 am »

Have you guys completed a single project?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: May 24, 2018, 12:49:03 am »

Have you guys completed a single project?
Several! :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: May 24, 2018, 01:44:56 am »

Quote from: Votes (4 dice)
[1] Aether Grenades Mk2: Kashyyk
[1] Resource Exchange: Kashyyk
[1] Production line Investments: Kashyyk
[1] Tactic: Hold the Line: Kashyyk

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: May 24, 2018, 05:22:30 am »

[2] Aether Grenades Mk2: Kashyyk, NAV
[1] Better Slings and Ammunition: NAV
[2] Tactic: Hold the Line: Kashyyk, NAV

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: May 24, 2018, 05:34:06 am »

Shroud basic focus

While a universal coverage of the shroud certainly is quite useful agaisnt small arms fire, even light cannon blasts can tore through them because o their unfocussed nature. However, we have develop crude methods to redirect the Aether from one part of the shroud to the others, greatly engrossing the shroud barrier at one point and its regeneration rate at the expense of the thinner mantle covering the “unfocussed parts” . We can change from the unfocussed mode to protect certain parts of the ship, although changing it takes time for the shroud to dissolve on one side and generate on the others. We shall apply these methods to our mobile shrouds barricades and our ships.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: May 24, 2018, 05:46:01 am »

We have never touched shrouds before, other than to shove more power into them with a bigger crystal. I'm absolutely certain that that is a design. One I want to do, but a design none the less.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: May 24, 2018, 06:49:31 am »

Lift Crystal Purification
Our lift crystals are crude lumps of crystal that haven't been worked on since before the start of the war. Their impurities and flaws make them abysmally power inefficient, and make them crack eadily under extreme maneuvers. Let's use all the crystal knowledge we've gained since then to improve them. Make purer and less flawed Small and Very Small lift crystals, capable of providing more lift for the same power, and withstanding more extreme maneuvers without cracking.

[2] Aether Grenades Mk2: Kashyyk, NAV
[1] Better Slings and Ammunition: NAV
[2] Tactic: Hold the Line: Kashyyk, NAV
[] Shroud Basic Focus:
[1] Lift Crystal Purification: NAV
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 178