Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Stage Zero Turn 2 (YES REALLY) (OPEN TO APPLICATIONS BTW)  (Read 6424 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Stage Zero Turn 2 (YES REALLY)
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2018, 07:08:58 am »

Glad this is back. I wonder what game will get revived next. You know the one. Yes, yes, that one. The one that starts with S. :P :P :P

(Select to read.)

2 of Secrets: Make a sphere-shaped region that is completely invisible to outsiders.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:37:06 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2018, 07:29:14 am »

2 of Secrets: Make a sphere-shaped region that is completely invisible to outsiders.
Questions: 1) Do you have a particular place you want this region to be, or just a nondescript chunk of universe? 2) Do you mean "completely invisible" literally, as in it is impossible to see, or do you want it to be generally undetectable?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2018, 08:08:31 am »

1) The exact center. 2) Just undetectable.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2018, 11:09:11 am »

PogChamp

1 of cats to make cats (the state of matter, not all cats ever) permanently unable to feel pain at all.

Lioness! You're great! You are literally the best! I literally made you for the explicit purpose of being better than anything else! But don't be boring! That throne isn't your throne, the whole world is! Go forth and explore! Hunt! Sleep on the grass! Gaze on the twinkling cats in the sky! Do things! Maybe you could follow Insentive around for a while, she does fun things! Be a Queen, Lioness! :3

If any Forces happen to be inactive, quietly steal their cards.

((Thank you Max, for making me feel better about my own update rate~))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2018, 11:43:35 am »

What shall we accomplish by the end of Stage Zero?

I wish for a reality centered by the Fortress, connected to each other so that all Gods  may war or peace with each other for eternity, and eventually the same for their creations. Below is the beginning of that plan.

The exact center is the Fortress of Chivalry.

"I plan upon a change to the universes AXIOM. I question to the Other Deities to clarify what power is, what makes us exist. Is this power transmutable? Can it be parceled or perhaps copied or transferred? We must decide now. I am in favor of our divine power becoming or otherwise be able to create royal power, to be inheritable by mortals or our own creations; Divine power is only acquirable if a god is slain.

This reality is simply not sustainable. It is a bunch of pieces that are loosely connected.

A request of participation is requested from all deities. To unite the disparate realities from tearing itself apart. Once this universe is stabilized and the first stage begins, The manifest "stake" of a major powers claim on their reality will be given.

The Keeper of
Secrets is called upon to create a veil to hide the complex of creation where upon every world is connected in a divine network. In exchange, no interloper may ever tamper with the next stages most required piece of existence, and the Keeper is given the TITLE of WORLD KNOWER, for they are the only one besides the Ascendant to be able to PASS (not open/close) through all doors with the explicit duty of keeping the Secret of how the Divine Network functions a secret.
( Use an appropriate power for veiling the center of the gate network, to be created by Chivalry)

A task list for the rest of the deities is created to maybe follow.
  • Segment realities; Make it so that there are clear (if only visible to the gods) "borders" between worlds, and only one reality shall be inflicted upon one world, such that laws, physics and other "immutable" pieces of existence are slotted into each world without affecting another. Allow the smooth transition from one reality to another, allowing an entity to survive always when passing through realities (if changed.) Transition between worlds can be done either by the methods previously done in this reality, or through the gate network, once it turns on.
  • Create a system of balance and regimentation to insure that this status quo is kept; No one that does not bear the mark of Royalty/Divinity shall hold dominion over another reality. Petty Kings shall not hold power until they are realized by the mark of a god through gifts, or the murder of a god.
  • all gods will connect their previously stated "Mark" of Royalty/Divinity to the soon-to-be created Gate network, The "keys" to the universe that allows an individual to open or close gates, so that their ability to create and perhaps destroy is connected to their ability to open the gates of their worlds.
  • 1 god shall create the "reality/roads" that is the gate system. At the center of it must be the fortress, and the main way to leave this network is through the "gates", Which will be placed by Chivalry across all of reality. The gates will only be open and close by the those bearing a Key, and the network should be hospitable enough for a mortal to cross to another world, at-least at first.
  • 1/2 gods will template all life in the universe, mesh it together for on "life", making it a universal piece of existence, so that all "Worlds"s in their original form will have life, if widely different from one world to another due to "reality".
  • 1 malicious god will commit an atrocity. Once all life is seeded, make a cycle of life, and death, Self sustaining, self feeding.
  • Register the created Deities so that they may do their duties upon all worlds they are allowed on.
  • Create some sort of "standard" world and make many of them, so that we dont have just "unique" worlds in our reality, and to make those worlds explicitly more special. I would have to ask that  they reflect the whole of reality, with reasonable permutations between each of them, so that way we have more interesting conflicts and alliances. I would discuss this with others before an agreement as to what they are.

Action:King of Chivalry, 3 of Chivalry: The Skeleton of the Gate Network

Introduction: Not so much a person, character or diety, but an entity. A Vast piece of of cosmic creation that allows the existence of an alternate reality, It is expected to be unreplicatable with the veil of secrets placed upon it, and it's truest machinations also un-modifiable from anyone. It's purpose is to allow mortals, gods and other things to move from one world to another, and to safely transfer between realities without perishing.

Methods:Exactly enough "Gates" are created so that every world that will be created will have exactly one gate, along with the machination that allows the gate to function, as well as the entity that keeps the gates stringed together. Most of the gates are kept in storage until a world comes into existence, then a gate will come to existence. A god may state where a gate is on that world, otherwise it appears in a location fitting for its reverence. A gate is closed upon its placement, but it can be opened by a god to allow entrance into the "network", which is laid on a fractal pattern that ultimately connects to the surrounding gates and the Center of the universe. These coincide with the 9  spokes of the Fortress, so that each god will have access to exactly 1/9th of the Gates of reality, hopefully corresponding to their creations. The Ascendant, Chivalry, will hold the first key, the Key that opens and closes all Gates, along with the terrible ability to turn off the network.

The Gates themselves will hold a majestic appearance, and will change depending on where they are, but they are always a door, entrance, or portal.

Once a door is open, anyone can pass, but it can be fortified by mundane means so that no one but those who are trusted can pass. Royal Keys can be fabricated for specific doors by those with "divine" keys.

The network itself on a "metaphysical" level is similar a spiderweb, in that the strings are constantly being maintained, but by what is unclear, as is the ability to traverse between webs or fall into real space. That will be judged by whoever "cements" the realm of the network. I ask that you do not just make the aesthetic of this "realm" to be chiefly of just your aspect as a god and try to be a little inclusive of others.

The gates will stay closed until the foundations of reality has solidified to prevent disaster.

Results: An inactive gate appears on every "world", including the Fortress. A "Reality" is created "around" the current one, with the expectation that it will connect all the worlds to Divinity in a concrete "logical" manner.

Discussion: Am I doing this right? I do not know.

Note, the Lioness cannot sit on the Throne since i am already sitting on it, unless, confusingly, one of us is sitting in one of the others "laps". I know its a bit confusing and I probably should've stated that, but the writing is pretty bad and I cannot excuse it.

Chivalry, deciding that it is good to be king, ascends.

Sitting on the metaphorical Iron throne, IT IS CREATED. At the center of the universe, a throne room, its palace and its accompanying support is made.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2018, 01:33:44 pm »

The maroon specks settle down on the couch, only moving occasionally.
Spend 2 of procrastination to make the couch fluffier, larger (But not so large that it interferes with others.) and more inviting.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:28:58 pm by Puppyguard »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2018, 01:39:50 pm »

We are beyond Power, chivalry! We are Forces! We are no gods, gods are our creations! Get your terminology right if you want to be in charge of everything, king.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2018, 04:18:23 pm »

I see. What do you think about the project itself?"
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2018, 04:22:38 pm »

Lots of words. I think you want to split up the world so that we all get a slice that nobody else can mess with? That sounds boring, we're all together for a reason! If we just work together we can create a good world for everyone!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Stage Zero
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2018, 02:26:38 am »

Order "discovers" and restores the still-moving carcass of an immense spider, setting it to the task of purging chaos from the universe. As is customary, Order publishes these amazing findings. (Queen of Order)

Mann S, Order U. (1004). Late Theozoic arachnids are adapted to ordering. J Synth Paleo 10:26-32

Action: The Circle is now complete

Introduction: The creation of a nurturing being [1] and a disruptive, partially destructive entity [2] by other forces in recent times warrants the introduction of a preserving influence. It is known that the universe itself was in some measure of balance during the Late Theozoic Era. This has led to a number of fruitless searches for creations capable of bringing order to the universe [3,4,5]. Searching among the remains of the more potent forces has recently uncovered a number of unexpected creatures of order powerful enough to counter the endless tide of chaos.

Methods: Blasphemous rituals Orderly power was introduced to massive well-preserved spider carcasses.

Results: The ability to reproduce parthenogenetically and weave pattern webs imposing order on their surroundings was restored to the carcass of a female specimen (specimen Anjananj).

Discussion: The recent successes in recovering relics of the Before-Time underscore the importance of granting Order a tenured position.

Conflict of interest statement: There is no conflict. This serves our interests perfectly.

References:
[1] Improvement A. (1001). The Sower of Life: A New Medium. Acta Iterum 2:52-54
[2] Caprice S. (1002). The Warrens of Wormden the 'ngry. J Yggdra Ecol 3:35-38
[3-5] ...

Action:King of Chivalry, 3 of Chivalry: The Skeleton of the Gate Network
Order approves of this plan for its implicit containment of chaotic threats to the universe (and lack of sufficiently orderly alternatives proclaimed by powerful forces) but provides no tangible assistance at this time.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stage Zero Turn 2 (YES REALLY) (OPEN TO APPLICATIONS BTW)
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2018, 03:07:49 pm »

Caprice lays down an 8 to turn itself into a real-time continuously updating map of the universe.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2018, 05:26:38 pm »

I'm just going to quietly submit a force and plot
Clockpunk (Or rather clockwork, but my force was kinda meant to represent both things that occur like clockwork (regularly), and literal clockwork/clockpunk stuff.)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:04:06 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]