Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 147826 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #2010 on: October 21, 2017, 03:26:44 am »

Quote from: Design Phase Votes
ESP: (2) Madman, Milo

Ikusasa investment
-1 die: (1) Andrea

My reasoning for it: we don't need it now, so may as well invest the minimum number needed. If we succeed, we saved a lot of crystal. If we fail to complete, no loss and we can try again next turn.
Since we have no hurry to finish it, we can afford to be conservative.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 21, 2017, 06:53:51 am »

ESP: (1) Madman
No Design: (1) Milo

Ikusasa investment
-1 die: (2) Andrea, Milo

I agree with that reasoning. No point in procrastinating, but no point in going any faster than the minimum either.

EDIT: Removing my design vote. Discord discussion shows that if we can replicate our current production line we can do ~1 windrider every other turn. Let us save dice and make a serious investment in a new PL next turn.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:51:18 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: October 21, 2017, 12:15:03 pm »

Venom Vengeance

Wrethian venom can easily disable an unsuspecting Kasgyrian marine, but it's delivery has often been troubling. A few cunning soldiers have suggested alternatives to to the much derided Pincushion. For example, by including the stuff into foodstuff conveniently dropped of the supply carts and left for Kasgyrians to find, we can ensure a much higher dose. Or, by placing it on nails or other sharp objects left in places of cover around the camp, we can ensure the enemy is disabled at a crucual moment.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 22, 2017, 03:36:25 pm »

THIS TURN
Three Dice, ESP
One die, Windrider Medium Core?
One die, PLACE it all to ash!
Save 1
----
Win competition, up to three dice
----
NEXT TURN
Six dice (at minimum) into project, rolling time at advantage, cost at advantage, two dice into progress. Can potentially reach nine dice.

Posting this off of Discord as a semi-on-topic bump to provoke discussion.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: October 23, 2017, 02:48:41 pm »

Well, it currently looks like you're between no design and the ESP project, 1:1. I'll let you guys have a bit more time.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 23, 2017, 03:35:21 pm »

So, all of you, what's your plans for the revisions? We have 6 dice, with 2 of them we can do both the much needed infantry tactic and the Windrider medium core refit; but I'd rather roll the latter at advantage? Still thoughts, discussion, and lets keep this thread moving people.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 23, 2017, 03:45:34 pm »

No need to double-roll the Medium Core thing---save the die, we'll be able to give it another shot next turn. It's FAR more advantageous to give it another shot, because you save the die if it's not needed, and can be more precise with the fix if it is.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 23, 2017, 03:50:58 pm »

For revisions, just Scorched Roads and the as of yet unwritten windrider refit. One die for each.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 23, 2017, 04:03:26 pm »

ESP: (2) Madman, Jilladilla
No Design: (1) Milo

Ikusasa investment
-1 die: (2) Andrea, Milo

Well, your reasoning sounds alright, I suppose. Let us proceed onward then.

Glory to United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: October 23, 2017, 05:43:56 pm »

E.S.P
[Time: 6 Progress: 4 Cost: 6]

The discovery of the ESP phenomena could easily have been overlooked in the war-time search for imminent and practical solutions to outstanding issues. Even the Ikusasa research, fruitful as it was, was always dogged by a reputation for being a 'theory' project. Convincing the brass to invest time, people, and money into a project to better understand the underlying principles of electrical energy and its relation, if any, to the crystals core crystals themselves, would be extraordinarily difficult.

Which is why the project was introduced as a means of communicating instantly without visible signals. When phrased that way, it was difficult to keep the powers that be from literally throwing money and people at the project. With administrative enthusiasm for the potential new wonder-tech, staffing and requisition paperwork are expedited and (for the first time in a long time) the engineering team and the auditors actually work in something resembling harmony.

E.S.P: 4/25 | 2 Ore, 2 Crystal | Rushed 0 Times | Nothing Invested

Ikusasa Matrices
Progress: 18/20 (3)

Progress on finalizing the Ikusasa matrix design progresses on schedule, despite having its thunder stolen by the ESP project. Assuming all goes according to plan, it should be finished next year.

Spire Wreth's production stands at
13/y Crystal, 24/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 26/85 banked
19/y Wood, 19/95 banked
10/y Silk, 39/50 banked

It is now the revision phase. You have 2 dice to spend.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc. Goods (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:19:32 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 23, 2017, 05:51:50 pm »

Well, it will cost more than I would have liked, but hey, potential massive improvement!

Anyway, someone needs to write up the windrider refit, then we can get to voting. Scorched Roads is already done.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 23, 2017, 06:59:02 pm »

She’s long for a 6 too. But that’s what happens when you bring Sci-Fi to a magic fight. I’m perfectly happy with this.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 23, 2017, 07:43:55 pm »

Right, two possibilities from me for the Event, one probably needs work to bring it up to quality... The other actually needs to be converted from a normal design proposal. Running into a brick wall in converting it.

Ihawu Guardian Crystal-Mad Science Edition
The Everstorm... That majestic ever present avatar of chaos... What secrets do you hide? But our current crystals are just too damn fragile to protect any vessel venturing into you from being torn apart! But how... Yes, that's it! BRILLIANT!

I shall create a new type of crystal! Yes, this new 'Guardian' Crystal shall be a revolution in the field of defensive crystallography! With a potent shroud capable of redirecting some of the blocked aetheric energy to both re-energize and flush out any instability gathered from operations, my Guardian Crystal should be able to withstand extended operations in hostile environments! Soon, my precious Everstorm, soon I will learn your secrets...
Spoiler: Original (click to show/hide)

And now for the one that needs conversion:

Spoiler: Tesla Cannon (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Okay! I actually have a write-up for the Windrider refit, tell me if you see anything glaringly wrong with it:

Windrider Ikusasa Refit
While the new Ikusasa Medium Core is incredibly promising, there is just one problem: None of our current ship designs can hold one, skiffs are just too small and the Windrider is built to house two Small Cores, not one core of larger stature. Still, the Windrider does have space it can spare.

First and foremost, the Dual Core Chambers will be reduced to only a single large chamber, sized for the Ikusasa prototype. Of course, with its bulk, more space will likely have to come from somewhere, and after a slight redesign of nearby hallways, bunks, and the noble sacrifice of the Captain's Triplicate Filing Cabinet; our design team is confidant they found a configuration that would work.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:14:58 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: October 25, 2017, 09:26:52 pm »

Well, we may as well start voting. I want to work Jilladilla's Tesla cannon over for the genius event, but we don't need our stuff for that just yet.

Quote from: Votes
Scorched Roads: (1) Milo
Windrider Ikusasa Refit: (1) Milo

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 25, 2017, 09:35:06 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Scorched Roads: (2) Milo, Mad
Windrider Ikusasa Refit: (2) Milo, Mad
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 187