Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Silicon Zeroes (Hardware puzzle game)  (Read 11521 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Silicon Zeroes (Hardware puzzle game)
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 12:29:30 pm »

There it is!

Frankly the design is crap, I would not be the least little bit surprised if it could be done much better.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 12:34:12 pm »

I took the last key when I came in to lurk again after a while in College, but hadn't been able to get to playing or even posting until today because things happened in real life. I hope I didn't inconvenience anyone!

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 01:22:29 pm »

Is it released yet? All the keys are gone, and I don't see anything under Downloads on the website, but it sounds like something right up my alley.

At the very least it'd be something more to rack my brain against.

Not yet, sorry! I'm planning to put it into Steam Early Access sooner than later, but I'm in talks with a potential publisher, so I'm holding off until the publishing deal either happens or falls through.

There it is!

Frankly the design is crap, I would not be the least little bit surprised if it could be done much better.

Thanks! You've inspired me to tweak my own design - the 'ideals' for that puzzle will be a little tougher in the next release :)

I took the last key when I came in to lurk again after a while in College, but hadn't been able to get to playing or even posting until today because things happened in real life. I hope I didn't inconvenience anyone!

I can't speak for others, but you haven't inconvenienced me. Just let me know how it goes when you do get a chance to play!

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 12:57:07 pm »

It's been a few weeks, so I thought people might appreciate a few more keys:

#4: Taken!
#5: Taken!
#6: Taken!

Most of my time has been spent hiring a musician/SFX artist, rewriting big chunks of the story, and getting the game on Steam (those itch.io links now come with associated steam keys!), but there's also a few new puzzles in the 'Asides' area.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:53:30 pm by Cavalcadeofcats »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 05:55:55 pm »

Claimed #4. Lucky me!  ;)
This is definitely something that's got my interest, particularly after I remembered playing Manufactoria.
It was great seeing another developer pursuing a Zachtronics-style approach to games. :D

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 06:01:05 pm »

Took #5!
Im on linux, so im going to try and see if it runs under Wine.
I agree with n9103, Zachtronics style games are awesome.

EDIT: Thats a huge shame. It fails to run under Wine with the following errors:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fixed audio issues via 32bit prefix. One last issue.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:56:06 pm by MoonyTheHuman »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 06:53:59 pm »

I'll download the new version as soon as I can. I assume it is available on itch.io like the first version?

The first pass of the story was a little silly, but not terrible, so I am interested in how it has changed... More puzzles is, of course, better. There are still a few I am stuck on, aside from the delay ones which kick my ass on higher difficulties... And I'm a programmer who is somewhat used to thinking about things running in parallel!

Delay puzzles are definitely hard mode! The normal ones are easier, but still hard for the tricky ones. All in all, I like this game.

Do you plan to add a user puzzle creator? It would require some kind of score tracking to provide ideals, so it may be kinda difficult to add...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 07:40:34 pm »

Horray!
I got it to work!
It needs the latest .net frame work winetricks can provide apparently.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 07:42:46 pm »

Good news for Linux users everywhere! I like Linux better than Windows, and I run Linux on my laptop, do this is good to know.

Metalsoul212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 08:18:50 pm »

This game looks amazing! Loved all of the zachtronics games and this one looks like it has the same vibe! Excited to get a got at it one day!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »

While I'm sure the idea of just giving away possible sales doesn't necessarily appeal, if you do decide to look into getting some more testers, please feel free to send a PM my way - like many of the other people here, I'm a big fan of the Zachtronics games, and this seems like my cup of tea.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 12:25:12 pm »

Thanks to all for the positive words! Please let me know if you run into any problems or issues. :)

Do you plan to add a user puzzle creator? It would require some kind of score tracking to provide ideals, so it may be kinda difficult to add...

Not right now. The level editor I made for Manufactoria was quite a lot of work and not much used.

I think it would be possible to make some kind of editor for the game - some of the tests are already hand-written, so you could extend that - but it very probably won't be in the initial release.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 07:56:02 pm »

This game is really laying the smackdown on my sense of intuition when it comes to low-level circuitry.
But definitely having fun banging my head against the wall at times. :p

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 09:22:27 pm »

Uhmm, the UI still hides when moving things. It's really annoying.

Otherwise, looks good. Not many obvious changes, but what was there was already pretty good so certainly not disappointed :) No crashes or other bugs, just lots of puzzle goodness.

I can't wait till audio is added, I think it will be a huge improvement to an already good game.

Edit: For some reason when I copied my save over about half of the finished puzzles were marked as not completed. The solutions were still there, do I just had to run the Sim again. No big deal, but it may be a bug worth investigating.

Edit 2: The animated "spinner" on most parts wobbles just slightly, showing a red background during part of the cycle. Not sure if it did this last version, it's really minor. Possibly not even worth bothering with...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:36:25 pm by milo christiansen »

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 11:38:21 am »

Uhmm, the UI still hides when moving things. It's really annoying.
That's odd - it really shouldn't.

If you go to the main menu and look at the bottom-right, what version number appears there?

What OS are you on?

Edit: For some reason when I copied my save over about half of the finished puzzles were marked as not completed. The solutions were still there, do I just had to run the Sim again.

Sorry, that one's my fault - I changed the save format without being careful enough about back-compatibility. Shouldn't be an issue for future.

Edit 2: The animated "spinner" on most parts wobbles just slightly, showing a red background during part of the cycle. Not sure if it did this last version, it's really minor. Possibly not even worth bothering with...

My artist also reported that, but I wasn't able to replicate it myself. Where does the red part show up? Can you get a screenshot?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4