Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lobotomy Corporation - SCP-esque Management Sim  (Read 10164 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Lobotomy Corporation - SCP-esque Management Sim
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 10:33:24 pm »

If you check their websites you'll see they'll still working on the game, it has successfully run the steam greenlight gauntlet and there'll be a demo late May-ish.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

shx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 09:14:39 am »

Can't wait. This looks super interesting.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 09:29:39 am »

Oh, yes, this. The demo got very delayed, but the Korean demo did finally release yesterday, so that's encouraging.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 06:01:28 am »

Ptw, this game looks sick as fuck.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:46 pm »

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but the English version of their demo is out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/624853217/1475063227

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 06:17:29 am »

played the demo.

First impressions:

Damn this is hard.
If you get the naked lady, restart the game...just.don't. its not worth it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 03:13:51 pm »

So this just got released on Early Access.  Gonna have a poke around :)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 03:27:28 pm »

Looks interesting.  It also seems like their dropbox link is down, does anyone have a copy they can re-upload?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »

Think there are good first impressions?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 04:34:27 pm »

I've had a few crashes already, mostly while loading the game.  There's also an issue where the text between missions/days stops appearing (maybe something to do with clicking to speed it up?), the popup tutorial text is sometimes in Korean and doesn't seem appear at all outside of management phase. The manual is also unusable because it displays whatever I select underneath one specific page for some reason.  While it's easy enough to get the gist of it, the English translation is wonky in an endearingly Pathologic-esque way too.

Not the greatest first impression by any means.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »

this thing has been out of the radar for me tbh.

but i found they now have a page on IndieDB so i came here to bring some news.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/568220/announcements/detail/1423551455072274684

they basically reworked the UI or something like that (and there's also waifus, not really sure why, but anyways).

there may be other stuff but since i havent played it well...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 09:43:59 pm »

I think this game was always about Waifus, though maybe it's more obvious now. :P
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 01:27:56 am »

The game's difficulty is pretty high. It feels like you're always struggling just a bit too much. I like that all creatures have their own rules, but that also just means that you either search online how to deal with them or keep playing and failing constantly until you understand how to deal with the creature. The first option feels like spoiling yourself, but the second one is literally Trial and Error. It ran good for me though and I love the art style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 07:43:22 am »

The game's difficulty is pretty high. It feels like you're always struggling just a bit too much. I like that all creatures have their own rules, but that also just means that you either search online how to deal with them or keep playing and failing constantly until you understand how to deal with the creature. The first option feels like spoiling yourself, but the second one is literally Trial and Error. It ran good for me though and I love the art style.

Yeah the game is very trial and error and by that I mean... they want you to lose over and over again until you win because they intentionally obscure mechanics.

Which is a shame because Trial and Error SHOULD be one of the main mechanics of the game, you are dealing with completely unknown creatures with completely unknown needs and abilities. Yet they give you such little room for error that just feeding the wrong creature can cascade into base destruction. (to admit they do alleviate some difficulty in that for the most part even the wrong action often has positive results... Not as good as the actual good result... assuming it wasn't the action that kills the agent or game overs you)

The agents who should be a dime a dozen might as well be made of solid gold for how vital each and everyone is. Kind of funny that for some creatures sacrificing agents to it is one of the fastest way to quiet them down, but agents are too valuable to lose most of the time.

It probably isn't as bad as I am making it seem, but I feel these are problems for the game that it needed to overcome to truly hit its niche.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:47:36 am by Neonivek »

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 01:20:58 am »

No I completely agree with you. The employees are too valuable yet the game plays as if they are expendable. The game would probably benefit from decreasing the cost of the employees, reducing their initial effectiveness and increasing the growth they get after levelling up. That way losing an employee is bad, but not game ending bad. Ah well here's hoping they'll figure something out
Pages: 1 [2]