Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 7)  (Read 13077 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 7)
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:21:46 pm »

The newest arrivals at the Drunken Prospector Saloon simply wanted to drink their problems away. Their gang leader had led them to rob the Transcontinental Express, but the job had left him dead and no money to show for it. The 6 survivors had just gotten their drinks and sat down when the saloon's doors swung open and the local sheriff walked in, gun drawn. He'd been tipped off that two of the survivors were willing to turn in their gang in exchange for a pardon. And so began another Gunfight in the Saloon...

Gunfight in the Saloon is a RTD that combines ideas from the card game Bang! and an old RTD called Six-Shooter. Each player starts the game with a hidden alignment, with the exception of the sheriff, and a six-round pistol. Each alignment has a secret condition that must be met in order for that player to win.
Spoiler: Alignments (click to show/hide)

Alignments will be determined randomly at the start of the game. A D6 will be used to determine the success or failure of your actions.

To join, simply submit your character's name and some sort of characteristic/quirk they have. This will determine some sort of modifier you will get at the start of the game.

Playerlist (I'll take 7 to start):
Glass (Jack Spades)
OceanSoul (Shouts-with-Bow)
Madman198237 (Samuel Crank)
PaPaj (Garry Maxwell)
Johiah (as himself)
Eschar (Slab the Killer)
FallacyofUrist (Fallacy)

Waitlist:
Cinder
SabreToothTiger
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:39:49 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:39:27 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 08:26:11 pm »

Allow me to try.
EDIT: Ah, yes, name and quirk. Um... Jack Spades. It's hard to kill him, but he's otherwise got terrible luck.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:22:03 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 09:13:52 pm »

I'll be Shouts-with-Bow. Yes, that means semi-stereotypical Indian. Might just be my bloodline, might be more, we'll see.

Edit: oh yeah, characteristic or quirk. How about he lets his gun do the talking for him? He's no English Language major, if you know what I mean...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:37:56 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:48:18 pm »

Hmmm...Is this meant to be as fast-paced as the forum game you linked?

Anyway...as for a character:

Samuel Crank
This grey-haired old former prospector never struck it rich, though he's lived long enough to earn a few names, including the one he now uses as a surname. He's got an eye for people and their trustworthiness, which he's developed over a lifetime of dealing with potentially shady people.

I wonder how this quirk gets tallied up....
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 01:15:10 am »

Garry Maxwell
a black haired,blood red bandana wearing,basically,what you would expect from a shady guy,also he has a glass eye
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:02:34 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 09:37:25 am »

Its meant to be a faster pace than most RTDs, although it will probably last longer than that one did. Here's the first time I ran this, for reference.
Sigtext

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 09:57:29 am »

Its meant to be a faster pace than most RTDs, although it will probably last longer than that one did. Here's the first time I ran this, for reference.
Will rolls to shoot people still be the same? If so, then it seems this could be a little too fast-paced. I'd say, if anything changes, that sixes are fives that wastes extra ammo, forcing the player to reload before they shoot again, unless they had a full barrel, in which case they only get an extra shot. Also, maybe low ammo should make lower rolls empty out your gun, also requiring a reload.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 10:28:52 am »

Posting to watch. I love Bang, especially the expansions (I can't remember what they're called right now) that contain Curse ( I better not play Dynamite while that's active), Blessing (barrels are invulnerable!), and Ghost Town.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:44:48 pm by Eschar »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 10:29:28 am »

Posting to watch. I love Bang, especially the expansions (I can't remember what they're called right now) that contain Curse (I better not play Dynamite while that's active), Blessing (barrels are the best defense imaginable!), and Ghost Town.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 11:28:55 am »

Sadly, since this didn't get enough people to sign up, its probably not going to happen. I may try again sometime in the near future, but I'll need to rethink how I do that.
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 11:53:27 am »

:(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 12:03:36 pm »

Feel free to run it anyway?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 04:04:15 pm »

Sign me up!
Name: Johiah
Quirk: Lazy
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 04:15:45 pm »

Well, I can always reduce the number of roles to make it work with 5 players, since you all still seem interested in playing this.

Will rolls to shoot people still be the same? If so, then it seems this could be a little too fast-paced. I'd say, if anything changes, that sixes are fives that wastes extra ammo, forcing the player to reload before they shoot again, unless they had a full barrel, in which case they only get an extra shot. Also, maybe low ammo should make lower rolls empty out your gun, also requiring a reload.
Last time when I ran this people dying too fast wasn't a big problem. I like your suggestion, but I'll probably won't implement unless this first round goes too fast.
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8