Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 7)  (Read 13249 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (SIGNUPS STILL OPEN!)
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 05:35:54 pm »

I'd like to sign up, or waitlist if this is full.
Name: Slab the Killer
Quirk: Very precise aim
He is actually a character in Bang.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (SIGNUPS STILL OPEN!)
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 10:28:53 am »

Name: Fallacy
Quirk: Collects weird mushrooms.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Preparing Roles)
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 12:06:44 pm »

We got seven players, so I'll go ahead and use the full role list. I'm preparing everyone's quirk and rolling roles. Expect a PM later today.

Okay, the identities are done. Expect things to be horrifically balanced because this is my first time doing it with quirks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:59:34 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 0)
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 01:23:10 pm »

Six of you were sitting in the Saloon, commiserating over your failed heist, when the doors swung open and the local Sheriff Samuel Crank appeared, gun at the ready. The six of you dove for cover and many of the other patrons ran for the nearest exit. A Gunfight was about to break out. What was your next move?

Everyone except the Sheriff starts Surprised (-1 to accuracy). Quirks are hidden from view until they become noticed. This includes additional start items. You may send me an action via PM, but you may want to post something in thread as a courtesy to other players.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:35:41 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 01:48:01 pm »

Flip a nearby table and get behind it for cover
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 01:59:27 pm »

Recover my wits and take cover in a location where I'll be hard to hit, though from which I can shoot relatively easily (the former is more important than the latter).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 02:07:10 pm »

Comprehend the lighting situation in the saloon. Is sunlight mainly coming through the windows, or are those fire spirits sealed in glass illuminating the room? Additionally, where are the dark corners of the saloon?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2017, 02:46:24 pm »

Get behind the same table as PaPaj. If there are any chinks in the table, aim out through them. If not, remain concealed behind the table.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2017, 03:37:37 pm »

Walk over towards the bar. Dramatically lean against it.

"So now, any of you feel like coming quietly?"
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 03:14:16 pm »

Bump for Johiah and Fallacy
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 08:35:41 am »

"My goodness!" Take cover!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 1)
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 07:30:23 pm »

Johiah apparently won't be around until tomorrow and he isn't affected by this turn, so I figured it would be alright to go ahead and post this.

Turn 1: A Fistful of Splinters

Flip a nearby table and get behind it for cover
(6) Grabbing the nearest table, Garry flips it with such force that the table breaks apart, showering everyone in the immediate area with splinters. The cloud of splinters obscures everyone's vision of Garry, but it'll dissipate in a turn or two.

(3) Garry is still Surprised, but won't be after next turn.

Recover my wits and take cover in a location where I'll be hard to hit, though from which I can shoot relatively easily (the former is more important than the latter).
(5) Jack Spades looks around for some cover, and decides to hide behind the bar. Spades is now In Cover (reduced chance of being hit).

(6-1) Jack Spades is no longer Surprised.

Comprehend the lighting situation in the saloon. Is sunlight mainly coming through the windows, or are those fire spirits sealed in glass illuminating the room? Additionally, where are the dark corners of the saloon?
Shouts-with-Bow looks around. Its early evening, so sun is still illuminating the place. The only dark places he can see are two dark corners next to the door. There's also stairs leading to an upper level of seating above the bar he can't see though.

Shouts-with-Bow is no longer surprised.

Get behind the same table as PaPaj. If there are any chinks in the table, aim out through them. If not, remain concealed behind the table.
(1) Slab moves towards Garry only to be hit by debris from Garry smashing the table. (4) Slab throws his hands up to protect his face from the splinters, leaving him relatively unscathed, but vulnerable.

(6) Slab is no longer Surprised, but Focused.

Walk over towards the bar. Dramatically lean against it.

"So now, any of you feel like coming quietly?"

Samuel walks towards the bar casually and grabs a lighter, (6) before suddenly turning around and chucking something at Slab and Garry. (4-1) Unfortunately, Garry smashing the table to smithereens throws off Samuels aim, and the small object lands on a table nearby.

"My goodness!" Take cover!
(5) Fallacy spots some sturdy looking Barrels nearby and hides behind them. Fallacy is now in cover.

(6) Fallacy is no longer Surprised. Fallacy is now Focused.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 07:34:35 pm »

[Peeks above cover] "Okay guys, can we please not do this?"

Watch everyone carefully.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 07:54:13 pm »

Tip another table, one where I'll have good aim at everyone. Get behind it.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 08:34:57 pm »

Find myself some totally-not-obviously-hiding cover. You know, the sort of cover where you are protected, but look like you're just being dramatic or something.

"Does that mean you want to give up right now, Spades? Cause if so, draw that gun real slow-like and toss it up here. And if not, well, let's just assume you want to come quietly."

Watch Glass. If he tries anything, shoot him.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8