Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 7)  (Read 13305 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 5)
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2017, 08:18:08 am »

My guy is not sighing at your guy. I'm sighing at the fact that you're doing all of this that dramatically.

Once I stop being blind, I'm going out to find the barkeep to hold all the guns.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2017, 09:07:52 am »

Shuffle deck and wait patiently. Comply with sheriff, and if anyone lunges for a gun (or bow) other than him, grab and restrain them.

I legitimately now want to settle this with a game of blackjack. Even if I lose, I'll learn how to play blackjack.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2017, 09:11:11 am »

Go and rest on a chair for a moment
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2017, 09:16:23 am »

The goal of blackjack is to get as close as possible to 21 without going over. You are dealt two cards, and, on your turn, can ask for more if you should so choose. I forget if any of your cards are visible or not, but it doesn't really matter. Anyway, face cards are worth ten, and aces are worth your choice of 1 or 11.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2017, 09:22:19 am »

It doesn't actually matter if your cards are face-up or face-down; you're only playing against the dealer. They have 1 face-up card and 1 face-down card.

EDIT: Here ya go, rules for ya.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2017, 12:39:57 pm »

"You know the barkeeper was supposed to be holding the guns, right? You also know you're not the barkeeper, right...?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2017, 01:34:19 pm »

Bump for johiah, and if ny of you want to keep up the conversation.

Shuffle deck and wait patiently. Comply with sheriff, and if anyone lunges for a gun (or bow) other than him, grab and restrain them.

I legitimately now want to settle this with a game of blackjack. Even if I lose, I'll learn how to play blackjack.
While waiting for something to happen, Shouts-with-Bow shuffles and deals for himself and the nonexistent dealer. The dealer hand draws a facedown card and a 10. You draw a 6 and a King (face cards count as 10 points, so you have 16 total points). The dealer has to hit. Do you hit (draw another card) or stay?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:08:54 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2017, 02:05:14 pm »

Persus, the players are only supposed to know about one of the dealer's cards.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2017, 02:08:25 pm »

Persus, the players are only supposed to know about one of the dealer's cards.
Thanks for the reminder. I was playing pazaak more recently than Blackjack, and mixed up the two.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2017, 04:27:40 pm »

Hello?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2017, 04:30:02 pm »

Hello?
i sent Johiah a PM. If he doesn't post by tomorrow I'll post a turn.
Sigtext

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2017, 04:39:01 pm »

Sorry, my notifications are glitchy.
Play Blackjack

Spoiler: Gm only (click to show/hide)
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2017, 08:08:49 pm »

Almost forgot this.
Bump for johiah, and if ny of you want to keep up the conversation.

While waiting for something to happen, Shouts-with-Bow shuffles and deals for himself and the nonexistent dealer. The dealer hand draws a facedown card and a 10. You draw a 6 and a King (face cards count as 10 points, so you have 16 total points). The dealer has to hit. Do you hit (draw another card) or stay?
I'll stay.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2017, 09:39:38 pm »

Apologies for the lack of turn. I've been moving back to school and forgot about this.

Turn 7: Card Playing in the Saloon

...stop being blind.
(6) As quickly as the vision loss came, it leaves. Jack Spades is a little Disoriented though.

Move to the bar, swipe all the guns off of it, behind the bar. Anyone who reaches for a gun gets shot.
Samuel moves downstairs to the bar, and pushes the guns off behind the bar. (5) Luckily, none of them go off.

"You're crazy. I haven't done anything!" But do nothing. Aside from keep taking cover.
Fallacy continues to cower behind a barrel.

Go and rest on a chair for a moment
Having healed himself, Gary (4) sits down on a chair to rest.

"You know the barkeeper was supposed to be holding the guns, right? You also know you're not the barkeeper, right...?"
Slab shouts about the barkeep. (1) Said barkeep walks out of the kitchen holding a shotgun. He looks mad.

I'll stay.
Shouts-with-bow stays. The dealer flips his other card over, revealing it to be a 3. He draws a 7, putting him at 20 points, beating your 16.

Play Blackjack
Johiah deals himself in, drawing a 2 and a Queen. He draws a king and a facedown card for the dealer. Now he has to choose to hit or stay.

Spoiler: For Johiah only (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:36:41 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Gunfight in the Saloon (Turn 7)
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2017, 09:46:32 pm »

*sigh*
I'll wait out the disorientation.
"Eh? Hey, barkeep, please don't do anything rash with the shotgun."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8