Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Seattle Dawn: Full Metal Justice OOC (Sign Ups Open 6/8)  (Read 4622 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seattle Dawn: Full Metal Justice OOC (Sign Ups Open 6/8)
« on: July 15, 2017, 07:20:17 am »

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8
Discord: https://discord.gg/tQAP9nG
Active IC Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164889.0

By the end of the first quarter of the 21st century, freedom was dead in America.

Beginning with a large scale coup d'etat lead by the entire senate, the rebels quickly seized power in all the central institutions of government

The entire nation appear to have fallen completely into the hands of the coup d'etat forces. However, one final hope in opposing the coup d'etat forces remained.

This final hope being the Cabinet of the United States itself.

Equipped with special mobile armored ops suit developed in secret by the newly renamed FREEDOM formerly known as DARPA, they boldly waged their own 'personal' war, to take back America's freedom.

Your mission if you choose to accept it, will be to don the customized pieces of highly advanced and obviously extremely expensive mechas and to fight for freedom, liberty, and the American way! By literally fighting for said beliefs against rogue US Senators and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN (note: Trump actually isn't a thing in this game, I just wanted to make that joke anyway).

The system will be rules-lite combat with a simple set of five values you can attune your character to by spending points on them. You gain more attunement points in the five values by doing enough things related to them on a mission.

Spoiler: Values (Stats) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Credits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:23:23 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle Dawn: Full Metal Justice OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:30:04 am »

Forgot to do this, but reserved to maintain some space for any accepted characters....because I like being presumptuous in this case.

Accepted Characters:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:58:36 pm by cronos5010 »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 12:39:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:50:39 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:36:57 pm »

Name: Mr. Raymond “Ray” Ramstein
Title: Minister of Culture and the Arts

Physical Description: Ray Ramstein is a large, imposing man of extremely indeterminate ethnicity, though it’s fairly likely that there are Germans, African-Americans, and Polynesian islanders in his family tree.  He has black hair, dark skin, and blue eyes, with a few small scars on visible under the white suits he prefers to wear.  He is very tall and well-muscled, and looks like he could snap most people in half with his bare hands if he wanted to.

Political Affiliation: Fortunately, Ray pretty much never looks like he wants to snap people in half with his bare hands.  In fact, he’s nice enough that most people wonder how the heck he got into politics, much less into a FREEDOM suit.  An avowed Pastafarian and former professional musician, he worked towards his cabinet post with the goal of making Pastafarianism an officially recognized religion.  He’s made it this far, and he’s not about to let a mere coup attempt stop him now!

Personal Skills:
Pastafarian Preacher
Jazz Performance (saxophone)

Mech Description:  The Swinging Statesman is a tall, agile mech designed for speed over armor.  It’s painted to look like it’s wearing a nice suit, and equipped with a ton of speakers and a gigantic saxophone.  The speakers are arraigned into gigantic dishes for better sound projection, and positioned where buttons and other adornments would be if the mech was actually a person in a suit.

Attunement Points:

Independence: 3
Jet Propulsion:  Rockets and jet engines make everything better, and the Swinging Statesman is equipped with these, turbofans, and wings for mobility.  It actually eschews legs in favor of an all-terrain, environmentally-friendly hover.
Sonic Point Defense:  Good vibrations make you feel good.  Better vibrations keep you feeling good by disintegrating bullets through blasting music at their resonance frequency and knocking less standard projectiles away with pulses of sound.  Substantially more effective than the missile defense system.

Competitiveness: 2
The Instrument:  A saxophone with a bell wider than the foundation of a reasonably priced home ensures that nobody can ignore, or fail to hear, the Swinging Statesman and its grooving jams.  Great for drawing attention.  Great for firing destructive blasts of sound.  Great for overcompensating.
Pastafarian Bolo:  By launching blasts of long noodles and meatballs, the Swinging Statesman can entangle enemies, preventing them from moving faster than it can.  If you can’t win, cheat until you can.

Fervor:  0

Endeavor: 4
Jet Mode:  It’s a transformer, baybee!  The Swinging Statesman can alter its configuration to become a supersonic jet!  They never see it coming.
Puttanesca Bay:  The Pastafarian bombing run might not be the most conventional of tactics, but dropping a few tons of spicy sauce and propaganda on your enemies is not going to be something they can easily ignore.
Kicking Improv Solo:  When the going gets tough, the Swinging Statesman can drop the beat, producing a pulse of sound that blows away not only enemy projectiles, but nearby enemies too!  This module cannot be used very often, as the capacitors that fuel it have a long recharge time.
Sonar Jams:  The Swinging Statesman has been outfitted with a powerful sonar module, allowing it to easily locate enemies, allies, and civilians even when its sensors are obscured by smoke, solid objects, etc.

Self Righteousness: 0
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:48:24 pm by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:02:57 pm »

Mr. Butt. Blood is accepted, and so is Mr. Raymond yes Ray, so basically the accepted power sources so far is indescriminate death and Pastafarianism, and also monologuing and jazz music.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:40:38 am »

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle Dawn: Full Metal Justice OOC (Sign Ups Open 2/6)
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 05:54:11 am »

Making Character

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

I hope this works
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:40:49 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 06:15:44 am »

Oh hey! Long time no see!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 06:16:54 am »

yeah, can't point to why i came back, but glad I did, what do you think of my Mech? I was trying to really go OTT, it seems to be the theme of this thing
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:41 am »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:29:29 pm by EXLink32 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 06:22:55 am »

Considering that I'm pretty sure Blutt over there has a doctorate in mathematics from killing his maths professor in a maths duel after the latter (you guessed it) betrayed him, yeah over-the-top's the name of the game. And yeah Prototype2 looks sufficiently over-the-top.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 06:25:35 am »

I love that concept Emp

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 06:48:40 am »

Thanks! I probably had a bit of an advantage though from knowing what the game's inspired by :P

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 06:49:31 am »

Ive watched it too, but OTT science had a few cool things I could do with it, I hope 3 independence is enough to be teleporty, or maybe that should be endevour??

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 06:50:48 am »

PTW, I guess  ;)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: [1] 2 3