Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz OOC thread.  (Read 42530 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz OOC thread.
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:36:36 pm »

The Sorvallian Monarchy is at peace... relatively. While no wars or disasters are affecting it specifically, the usual problems keep happening every day: diseases, bad weather and crime. And in the province of Tonalia, one town is suffering from a lot of the last one.

The King, Roannac VI, has issued a mission for adventurers or bounty hunters. Kovitz, a small miner town of Tonalia, has been attacked several times by a persistent group of bandits. It is not known why the bandits are assaulting this town with such intent, but their citizens have asked to place a bounty on the band, contributing with their own resources. Roannac has agreed to send notice that anyone that accepts to help Kovitz deal with their bandit problem will earn a considerable reward.

And now, a stagecoach carrying a few such adventurers that have accepted the quest is soon arriving at the town.

Welcome to another Beginner's FEF, beginners! If you want to learn how to play this then you can do it without pressure here.

IC thread

First of all, if you haven't done so yet, it's recommended that you read the handbook, and visit the hub or the irc:

Player's Handbook v1.Salt
FEF Hub
IRC channel: #feftalk at irc.darkmyst.org
Discord: https://discord.gg/z7PysD7

There will be 6 spots for new people, and no veterans allowed. Veterans will be able to post in the OOC and help the newbs with questions and stuff. The 6 chosen players will be playing as adventurers who accepted a quest to help a town with their bandit troubles. The game will last 5-6 chapters and the players will start as trainees, ranking up to First Class after the prologue, with a chance to promote if there's time at the end.

To submit an application for a character you must fill up a character sheet with information you'll find at the handbook. You'll be able to make one personal fault and one personal skill at creation, adding one personal skill when you promote to First Class and another at Promoted Class. You can also add up to 4 bonus points to your bases, with a limit of 2 per stat (points added to HP count double). Do note I will make many changes from the handbook so keep an eye out for those.

Spoiler: Sample Sheet (click to show/hide)

Player List:
1. Felicia, Wyvern Knight (wolfchild)
2. Naziri, Summoner (Azrayel)
3. Jaromer Puchta, Hero (Wolfhunter107)
4. Seraphiel, Valkyrie (randomgenericusername)
5. Anna, Falcon Knight (Lyca)
6. Grelen Raphousen, Wanderer (Doomblade187)
7. Jackard “The Jackal” Braoul Qountiel, Nomad Ranger (Shogus00)

The Veteran: Vahn Brannon, Dread Fighter (SeriousConcentrate)

Those who left us:
Darathor Hinaga, Dancer (ATHATH)
Virgil Amane, Cavalier (OceanSoul)

Player Gold: 533
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:04:54 am by Solymr »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz. Spots open!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:39:40 pm »

PTW and to gib blessings ;v
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 04:27:00 pm »

I'm probably gonna play a thief/spy.
Spoiler: WIP Mug (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Now I remember why I wanted to post something - this game's based on the 1.3 rules, right?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:35:46 pm by Felissan »
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 05:35:56 pm »

Yes, with significant changes to thieves and such though. I'll take some time while I find the hidden weapons thing.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 07:00:44 pm »

IN!

I'll probably be playing some sort of mage- are Summoners a thing in Fire Emblem?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:04:23 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 07:01:57 pm »

Posting to reserve if possible. Phone is not conducive to reading manuals
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 07:09:54 pm »

I'll take a Reserve, please.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 07:17:30 pm »

Posting to reserve, if that's a thing.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 07:42:47 pm »

EDIT: After some thought, I have decided to play as Dance Dance Revolution (my second character sheet) instead of Malabus (my first character sheet). If someone wants to join but doesn't want to go through the effort of character generation, they are free to use Malabus's character sheet for their own character.

Spoiler: Finished Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:40:58 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 07:46:39 pm »

Are there ways to obtain multiple character skills? I was kind of hoping to be able to make a "Danger Mario" build by combining the Resolve, Stillness, and Wrath character skills, as well as the "over/under 1/2 HP" condition for my personal skill and fault (and then intentionally keeping myself below 30% HP at all times).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:48:39 pm by ATHATH »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »

If you are Male, do you count always count as meeting the "If the character is within 3 spaces of Male units..." condition for a personal skill? If so, that+ the "+2 EXP" benefit seems stupidly broken. In fact, the "+2 EXP" benefit seems stupidly broken in any case- just disable the last enemy on the map and sit around in your favored condition until you reach level 20.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 08:00:25 pm »

"If the character is under 1/2 HP, +5 HP recovered" seems like a legal and decent (for, say, a tank character) Personal Skill.

Can I use the Disciplined skill to bring up a proficiency that I have no rating in up to "E" rank?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 08:04:44 pm »

Still can't do up the character yet, but wanna be a wyvern rider
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »

Can two Dancers and another unit take an infinite number of actions in a single turn by having each Dancer use their Dance ability on the other Dancer and the other unit?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 08:22:43 pm »

Gonna go out on a limb here and say no.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47