Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6  (Read 13933 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Let's Try D&D Basic

Players:
Ayne - Akheir the Dragon hearted
Koby - Fabulous death bringer
Aaron Sandoval - Hanzoku
Lagolass - Sirus
Bargulg the Vicious - My Name is Immaterial
Leeman Russ - heydude6

Dead:
No one... Yet

The Story...
Spoiler: Thus far... (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

PLAYERS HAVE BEEN MOSTLY DECIDED. DO NOT POST IN HERE EXCEPT TO PTW

PM me if you are intersted in joining
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:04:49 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - Rolecall 0/?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:52:44 pm »

((This sounds interesting though I have to ask, what do you mean by D&D Basic? He means the D&D Rules Cyclopedia))

"Ayne, and I would prefer if all of us here could put off meeting our Gods for the moment. This isn't over and I don't think we can spare a single soul an early rest."

((My character sheet))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:33:49 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:10:35 pm »

*loud gasp, followed by a lot of coughing* " They call my Koby. Would say it is a pleasure to meet you but under the current condition, it would be a lie."

Koby tries to stand up and regain some composure and surveys the room.

I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:58:36 pm »

((PTW))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 08:02:06 pm »

((PTW))
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:23:26 am »

Aaron Sandoval bent over, coughing out the water that had found its way into his lungs. Hacking and spitting to clear his mouth, he bent over and fished in the waters where he fell, giving a grunt of approval as his hands find the wooden shaft of his weapon. Pulling the glaive out of the water, he used the base to stir through the water, looking for any other survivors who haven't surfaced from the fall and helping anyone standing onto the shore.

"I'm Aaron Sandoval. At least I didn't break my neck when we hit the water."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 06:44:22 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 07:15:25 pm »

One figure, inhumanly lithe, splashed its way to safety.

"The name's Lagolass, friends. From the western woods." The elf quickly inspected his bow for signs of water damage, then nocked an arrow to the string.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 11:11:56 pm »

There's a loud splashing noise from the pool, and a man in a set of heavy plate mail slowly pulls himself out of the water. "By the Gods! I'll skewer that witch, and make her pay that she crossed Bargulg the Vicious!" The man speaks in an atrocious imitation of an Orcish accent, and belligerently waves a sword at the rest of the survivors until he realizes that they are not, in fact, the queen's demoniacal soldiery.
Bargulg clanks over to the mortally wounded man gasping in the water, and attempts to poke him in an investigative manner with his sword.
"It is a shame you have not earned a death of true glory. Be glad that your children will not know of your disgrace, and will instead remember your final, valiant, yet failed charge against the gates of this fell keep."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 07:10:31 pm »

A fat old man crawls around in the water, clearly looking for something.

"My Eye! My Eye! Have any of you people seen my eye?"

After failing to find it, he stands up. It becomes hard not to notice a hole in his face where an eye should be.

"Sorry, I should introduce myself. Leeman Russ, apprentice of the deceased wizard Eisengrim."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:50:48 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 08:20:14 pm »

A fat old man crawls around in the water, clearly looking for something.

"My Eye! My Eye! Have any of you people seen my eye?"

After failing to find it, he stands up. It becomes hard not to notice a hole in his face where an eye should be.

"Sorry, I should introduce myself. Leeman Russ, apprentice of the deceased wizard Eisengrim."
"In all the glory of the Raven queen, what happened to your face?" Koby says in both amazement and disgust as he stairs at the hole in the Leeman's Face.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 08:23:18 pm »

((Was hoping for 8, but 6 is enough. Even with the extension of a day because bay12 and personal stuff, plenty of time. Unless we get two more last minute miracle entries))

The voice coughs and then makes a pained grunt at the light tap with the sword before you feel it forced away from you in the dark. You think not being able to see well must've messed up your depth perception.

"ARGH! Don't- *cough* -go poking a dying man- *cough* *wheeze* -where it hurts!"

You hear the sound of stone scraping against stone as the gruff man lights a torch. Before you can wonder how he got a dry torch is answered as you see his body is twisted in a way it shouldn't be as it seemed only part of him hit the water. The rest landed on the edge of the pool. One more unlucky soul seems to have hit the far edge as his body lies broken at the edge of the pool. He must've set the trap off, as a large gash is apparent on his face as he must've smacked his head against the edge of the trap floor falling. Lucky that it killed him or knocked him out, as the rest of him is in poor shape.

"I'm not gonna- *cough* -make this one, friend... Even if one of the clerics survived- *gasp* -I don't think they could fix me. I can't breathe- *gasp* *wheeze* -well. I think I ruptured a lung hitting the ground."

Every cough is met with blood flying out of his mouth, his mouth dripping of blood like a dog salivating at a juicy steak. He strains to take big gasps of air while coughing up blood, like a fish out of water with something lodged in its throat.

"I don't know what *gasp* is down here, but it can't be good. *GASP*

You... *GASP* ...must... *GASP* ...escape... "

He makes one last strangled shot at air before his face turns blue and strained. Before you can put him out of his misery, drops the still lit torch and stabs himself in the temple, killing himself almost instantly.

Getting a look around, there's only one way to go: a large opening that starts to choke into a smaller tunnel, resembling the maw of a great beast. You're unhurt, but you're clearly in a dangerous place. The air seems thick with moisture, and the air is stagnant with the stench of something foul.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 08:32:06 pm »

"Amazing he survived as long as he did with those injuries. He must have been very strong." Lagolass makes a ritualistic hand gesture before returning his gaze (and his tracking bow) to the small group's surroundings. Using his infravision and ability to pick out fine details, he hunts for any extra supplies that might be lying around. Perhaps these people were not the first ones to take a tumble into this pit.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 08:41:59 pm »

He makes one last strangled shot at air before his face turns blue and strained. Before you can put him out of his misery, drops the still lit torch and stabs himself in the temple, killing himself almost instantly.

Getting a look around, there's only one way to go: a large opening that starts to choke into a smaller tunnel, resembling the maw of a great beast. You're unhurt, but you're clearly in a dangerous place. The air seems thick with moisture, and the air is stagnant with the stench of something foul.

"Well isn't this pleasant?" Koby walks over to the freshly killed dude and remove what ever he used to stab himself. ((hopfully a dagger))
"The dead won't have need of weapons, Does any one object if I take it off it....um..out of his head?"

us my Hear noise ability to see if I can hear anything like from the hole or the only exit

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 08:46:41 pm »

"7 always was a lucky number. Sadly we appear to be down to 6. Now just what kind of mess have we gotten ourselves into..." Ayne takes a good look around the place including up since we just fell through a trapdoor and knowing if that is still open or if it automatically closed and thus would stop others, both enemies and friends, from knowing they were down here alive would be very useful information.

((Also for any of you who might be reading this in the future and are feeling sad about missing this, or honestly any new stuff that happens on the Play With Your Buddies subforum, a quick tip. If you notice I responded only minutes after the thread went up. This isn't because I obsessively watch here for new stuff. I learned not that long ago you can actually subscribe to the subforum itself and it will notify you whenever a new thread is made. Unlike some other parts of bay12 this place is relatively slow in having new threads so you won't get spammed if you do so.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:56:29 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8