Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6  (Read 13900 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2017, 07:23:10 am »

"I won't poke it but I am willing to stand nearby ready to attack anything that shouldn't be moving but is"
Follow anyone going to investigate
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2017, 09:33:50 am »

"I won't poke it but I am willing to stand nearby ready to attack anything that shouldn't be moving but is"
Follow anyone going to investigate
((I'm gonna speed things along since it seems no one has the stones to go in but you))

You figure that Aaron is right behind you and squeeze in, your chain mail being malleable enough to form around you as it tightens to you. sucking in your gut doesn't help much as you get s big whiff of the smell. (?) You brave the smell but still cough and gag. You look look inside grabbing the torch to look inside and you spot mangled and rotten entrails. With little to no access to the outside, very few insects seem to be devouring them, as they turned black with mould. There are pieces of flesh strewn on the ground, uncooked and green from rotting. Taking a step forward, you spot the smell of the fecal matter as it seems they had an overflowing latrine situated in the corner where it seems a small, shallow hole was made naturally.

You also spot the smell of the smell of the rust as you see about a dozen weapons degraded; possibly from other like yourselves from times long past. You're unsure if any of it is salvageable.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2017, 09:51:20 am »

Leeman Russ comes inside

"Fascinating, it seems like he was attacked by some sort of animal. Seems like it happened a while ago though."

Leeman takes out his glass eye and passes it to someone who has not entered the alcove.

"Take this, I don't want it to get dirty"

Leeman examines the remains and tries to determine the exact way he died. How much has actually remained? Is it just guts or are there limbs and bones in there as well. What fragments of clothing are still there? Is there any signs that he was wearing armour when he died? Was he bitten, clawed, dissolved etc?

((Also, is this alcove a dead end or is it possible to explore further?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2017, 11:19:58 am »

Leeman Russ comes inside

"Fascinating, it seems like he was attacked by some sort of animal. Seems like it happened a while ago though."

Leeman takes out his glass eye and passes it to someone who has not entered the alcove.

"Take this, I don't want it to get dirty"

Leeman examines the remains and tries to determine the exact way he died. How much has actually remained? Is it just guts or are there limbs and bones in there as well. What fragments of clothing are still there? Is there any signs that he was wearing armour when he died? Was he bitten, clawed, dissolved etc?

((Also, is this alcove a dead end or is it possible to explore further?))
The alcove doesn't go deep, as it seems more discarded gear are left here.

Analyzing the entrails, you're certain it is more than one person left here, as there seems to be eight stomachs, five livers, and enough biomass mixed in with it that is equal to four people in just organs alone. Looking at the flesh, it seems to have bite marks similar to a humans but with disfigured teeth. You make the assumption on good terms that with the bells, this is the place where those forgotten humans hid and ambushed unsuspecting prey before cannibalizing them. Clothing seems torn asunder from age, but armor seems to be thrown into the scrap heap.

(?) Searching the scrap heap, you find very little to salvage. A worn book that has seen water damage, a sword that seems to be stained red, but not with rust, and a sealed tube for holding papers (which is in the best condition out of all of the items given it is made out of carved oak)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2017, 02:36:14 pm »

Leeman tosses the filthy book to Aene.

"Has it been 20 minutes yet? If not, you should be able to tell me if this thing is magical or not."

Leeman takes the tube for scrolls and checks if anything is inside
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2017, 03:19:33 pm »

Leeman tosses the filthy book to Aene.

"Has it been 20 minutes yet? If not, you should be able to tell me if this thing is magical or not."

Leeman takes the tube for scrolls and checks if anything is inside
The tube contains two spell scrolls and a sealed roll of parchment.

The book seems to be a discarded and damaged spell book. You could possibly get some spells out of it if studied hard enough, but without taking time to try and figure out the damage writings, it's impossible to discern much

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2017, 03:27:11 pm »

((Check the red-bladed sword, it might be magical.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2017, 03:33:40 pm »

((Check the red-bladed sword, it might be magical.))
It is indeed ((detect magic hasn't had time to wear off yet))

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »

((Oh yeah, that is still up. Was there anything glowing in there that we missed as I was there?))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2017, 05:24:40 pm »

The book seems to be a discarded and damaged spell book. You could possibly get some spells out of it if studied hard enough, but without taking time to try and figure out the damage writings, it's impossible to discern much

Seems useful, will want to keep that for later.

"Well that looks like everything here. Guess it's a good idea to go onwards now."

Leeman begins to march ahead before remembering his frailty, and waits for someone else to lead the way first.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2017, 06:20:09 pm »

((Oh yeah, that is still up. Was there anything glowing in there that we missed as I was there?))
((Nope. Nothing else magical))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2017, 12:14:02 am »

"So, what's wif' that sword, then?" Bargulg asks, leaning over Leeman's shoulder.

He pulls out his pole once more, and continues to poke the ground, leading the way.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2017, 01:21:28 am »

Aaron moves ahead, staying behind Bargulg and keeping a wary eye ahead while the other warrior is busy using the pole to look for traps and pitfalls.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2017, 01:12:49 pm »

Aaron moves ahead, staying behind Bargulg and keeping a wary eye ahead while the other warrior is busy using the pole to look for traps and pitfalls.
The party continues down deeper into the cave. The smell of moss and damp air thins as you go farther, being replaced with the smell of metal. Looking at the walls, there seems to be metal ore lightly strewn into the walls. You figure that being a natural cave under a vampire queen's castle, no one would try to mine it out.

Making your way deeper, you spot two large boulders. One is off to the side and one, much larger, is blocking almost half of the way through. You can get through no problem, it just seems to be there.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2017, 01:32:57 pm »

"I mislike this," Bargulg says as he pokes the larger boulder with his pole.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]