Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6  (Read 13901 times)

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 08:05:54 am »

(8/100) You hear a faint wind coming from the ceiling you fell from. You also hear faint muttering down the way. You're unsure of what though, as it sounds like random babbling. You also check your fallen ally for gear.

*LOOT*
- 1 bloody dagger
- 1 battered longsword
- 1 suit of wet chainmail
- 14 arrows
- 1 broken shortbow
- 34 gold pieces
- 2 silver pieces

Koby takes the money and the dagger and washes the dagger in the water the just carries it.
((koby is a human theif, he look like a naïve boy. he grew up on the streets but used his skills to help people. So hhe doesn't mind stealing a bit of food but he isn't gonna rob some one for their fancy necklace))

((Just for convenience's sake: Lagolass is also an elf. He's a second-rank fighter with a shortbow and a polearm for reach. Thanks to bad rolls he is squishy, so don't expect him to be tanking any time soon. He is Neutral.
He knows two spells: Sleep and Shield.))

((don't take to me about bad roll, Koby is the my second character because my first character died before even getting finished. I had a -1 con mod and I had highmax roll for my hp and he rolled a 1. koby has 3 hp, he still isn't one to tank but if I can get a back stab I can bring the damage))
((There's absolutely no reason to take everything, especially since most of it is somewhat ruined  :P

But speaking of things, did everyone remember to bring rations? Did you make sure to get iron rations? Otherwise, we're gonna have a lot of hungry people in a day or two.))

((I am not sure how much 1 person can carry before they be come encumbered also I have some iron rations, so I have a weeks worth of food for my self at least))

"So is every one done? if so lets get a move on! We got a queen to murder violently." kody says in a playful tone, then he sighs.
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 08:45:55 am »

((It can be hard to find some things, took me forever to figure out were the stat bonuses were at. For encumbrance you find that on page 88 and everything is in coins which means 1/10 of a pound. Here is the table:
Code: (Character Movement Rates and Encumbrance Table) [Select]
Normal Speed Encounter Speed Running Speed
   Enc (cn) (feet per turn) (feet per round) (feet per round)
    0-  400 120 40 120
  401-  800 90 30 90
  801-1,200 60 20 60
1,201-1,600 30 10 30
1,601-2,400 15 5 15
2401 and up 0 0 0

Also as a note the group will move at the slowest speed and my current encumbrance is in the 800s(correction almost 1200). Also make sure you can actually carry all your stuff. A backpack holds up to 400en.))

"Okay folks, we might be in this for the long haul. What kind of food supplies do you all have? I personally have 2 sets of iron rations and 3 full waterskins."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:54:40 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 09:05:48 am »

((Aaron's lugging around iron rations for a week. For one guy, soooo.. one day's worth, basically. This might turn into one of those dungeons where we're cooking and eating anything remotely edible.

Aaron's loaded encumbrance is in the 800-1200 range, if he drops his backpack for combat he's down at 700.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 09:22:54 am »

((?? Shouldn't a week's worth of iron rations be good for... well, a week? They take that long to spoil in a dungeon, anyway.

Lagolass' encumbrance is somewhere in the 600s I think, but he needs his backpack to hold his spell book. Probably won't be dropping it much.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2017, 09:30:11 am »

((Correct, for one person. Split it across six, and you have a little more then one day of food.))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:57 am »

((Hopefully everyone has some rations, for instance I have 2 iron rations. As for cooking up anything edible we should totally be doing that right away. We don't know how long we will be in here and starving is such a boring ending.))

((@Sirus, do you know how much a spellbook is supposed to weigh? I couldn't really find it anywhere so I just guessed 5 pounds and went with that))

((@Hanzoku, I got myself a large sack just to allow for extra loot and easy ability to drop it to start combat. Unless we have some lead time you won't be able to just drop a backpack in all likelihood though that depends on the DM))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:59:04 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 12:05:31 pm »

((It can be hard to find some things, took me forever to figure out were the stat bonuses were at. For encumbrance you find that on page 88 and everything is in coins which means 1/10 of a pound. Here is the table:
Code: (Character Movement Rates and Encumbrance Table) [Select]
Normal Speed Encounter Speed Running Speed
   Enc (cn) (feet per turn) (feet per round) (feet per round)
    0-  400 120 40 120
  401-  800 90 30 90
  801-1,200 60 20 60
1,201-1,600 30 10 30
1,601-2,400 15 5 15
2401 and up 0 0 0

Also as a note the group will move at the slowest speed and my current encumbrance is in the 800s(correction almost 1200). Also make sure you can actually carry all your stuff. A backpack holds up to 400en.))

"Okay folks, we might be in this for the long haul. What kind of food supplies do you all have? I personally have 2 sets of iron rations and 3 full waterskins."

((thanks for that, currnnetly I have around 600 en, haven't added my new amount of coin or dagger yet.))

"So if every one is done lets go!" koby says as he start to head to the only exit

heads to the exit and wait for the party to join him

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 12:31:49 pm »

((Waiting on heydude to claim some stuff. Enjoy the starting gift. You'll need it))

PARTY GAINS: 1029xp each
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »

((Waiting on heydude to claim some stuff. Enjoy the starting gift. You'll need it))

((thanks you very much))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2017, 01:22:58 pm »

((Not sure on the mechanics for checking for magic in 1e, but I'm guessing the spear and bracers (coukd be) magic.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2017, 01:31:54 pm »

((I think you need to use the Analyze spell to determine magical properties, but at low levels it's almost useless. You just get a vague idea of what the enchanted item does, if the spell even works in the first place.

Still, might be worth taking those items along.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 01:45:13 pm »

((I may or may not have detect magic at this point. The spell itself detects everything within 60' by surrounding them in a glow only the caster can see. The glow however acts like light so if there is a magic thing in a chest or out of sight it won't be detected. Also this only detects the item as magic and tells you nothing else about it, not even strength of the magic on it.

As for analyze it is terrible at lower levels. You only have a 15% + 5% per experience level to determine a single magical characteristic of the item. Also the caster must handle the item to do so. This means that a cursed belt of gender change would need to be worn to cast analyze on it though at that point you don't really need to cast the spell. Luckily with some creativity and a few humanoid monsters that aren't quite dead yet you can check for normal curses. Another thing is the spell doesn't actually tell you what the magic item does. Weapon's pluses for instance would be determined to be "many" or "few" and items with charges will give you a number within 25% of the actual number,))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 02:14:47 pm »

Bargulg leads the way, carefully poking the floor with his ten foot pole.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 02:21:34 pm »

The elves took the scrolls while I was asleep IRL. Currently busy at the moment, will make a proper post in a couple of hours.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 02:22:43 pm »

Bargulg leads the way, carefully poking the floor with his ten foot pole.

"I could look for trap, and lead the way if you want, not guarantees that I will be able to find any of them."

try to take the lead and look for traps along the way
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8