Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6  (Read 13948 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »

Aaron takes the spear and bracers for later identification if noone else has claimed them before we leave the cavern. As the group moves, he walks behind Bargulg and Koby, letting them scout and probe for traps and ready on hand to deal with mobile menaces

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:57 pm »

((Waiting on heydude to claim some stuff. Enjoy the starting gift. You'll need it))

PARTY GAINS: 1029xp each

The elves took the scrolls while I was asleep IRL. Currently busy at the moment, will make a proper post in a couple of hours.

((I may or may not have read magic at this point. If they are magic scrolls then to use them you need to read them first with the spell to know what they are and be able to read them later. Also there are still the 4 potions.))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2017, 03:11:01 pm »

((Double post but only because I just finished a thing. More to the point I finished putting my character sheet into google spreadsheets and so you can all take a look at it if you want. HERE it is.

Also we just got xp so if you haven't already check if you have any xp modifiers on the Experience Bonuses and Penalties Table. It's on page 12 in the third column. Bad Prime Requisites can give penalties.))
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »

((Yeah, don't forget the modifiers. I went from 1029 to 1080 exp with the +5% I get from having decent stats.

Doesn't sound like much but it'll add up.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2017, 04:03:22 pm »

"I could look for trap, and lead the way if you want, not guarantees that I will be able to find any of them."

try to take the lead and look for traps along the way
Bargulg shrugs dismissively, continuing to poke the floor carefully. "Perhaps you will find your lot in life, on the end of a hidden spear. Lead on, while I plod along."

((Edit: Sweet, sweet +10% XP is glorious.))

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:02 pm »

"I could look for trap, and lead the way if you want, not guarantees that I will be able to find any of them."

try to take the lead and look for traps along the way
Bargulg shrugs dismissively, continuing to poke the floor carefully. "Perhaps you will find your lot in life, on the end of a hidden spear. Lead on, while I plod along."

((Edit: Sweet, sweet +10% XP is glorious.))

((I'm still gonna level up faster then all of you))
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 01:23:21 pm »

((Okay I have the detect magic spell so that is all figured out. Also below I am using the acronym tag to insert the spell description. You should see the words "Detect Magic" with a small dotted line under it that when you hover over it with your mouse a text box shows up. If you don't speak up so I know not to use them in the future.))

Just before the group leaves Ayne picks up the left over vials.
"Okay group before we leave I am going to cast Detect Magic. This will last for 20 minutes so after a quick look around this area and at everything we picked up, we grab all the magic stuff and hoof it so we can get the most out of it as early detect for any nonsense we might find. Also while I am fine without any light someone who is less able to see in the dark might want to light up a torch or lantern. It might stop infravision but having everyone be able to join in during fights is preferable."
With that said Ayne casts Detect Magic and gives everything in the room a quick look over for any glow, including the stuff we grabbed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:36:02 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 03:48:00 pm »

((Okay I have the detect magic spell so that is all figured out. Also below I am using the acronym tag to insert the spell description. You should see the words "Detect Magic" with a small dotted line under it that when you hover over it with your mouse a text box shows up. If you don't speak up so I know not to use them in the future.))

Just before the group leaves Ayne picks up the vials.
"Okay group before we leave I am going to cast Detect Magic. This will last for 20 minutes so after a quick look around this area and at everything we picked up, we grab all the magic stuff and hoof it so we can get the most out of it as early detect for any nonsense we might find. Also while I am fine without any light someone who is less able to see in the dark might want to light up a torch or lantern. It might stop infravision but having everyone be able to join in during fights is preferable."
With that said Ayne casts Detect Magic and gives everything in the room a quick look over for any glow, including the stuff we grabbed.

((you codes doesn't seem to be working because there was no dotted line))

"Well I have some torches I could light."

Koby lights a torch is every one is okay with that

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2017, 03:54:56 pm »

"Lighting a torch now seems a little premature. We who can see in the dark should scout ahead first, try to figure out if we're - relatively - safe."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2017, 04:01:18 pm »

((I'll deal with the detect magic stuff when I get home from work, but you already have a lit torch, it just happens to be on the ground next to the dead guy))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2017, 10:06:19 pm »

((I'll deal with the detect magic stuff when I get home from work, but you already have a lit torch, it just happens to be on the ground next to the dead guy))
((that handy, now here is the real question if there are traps and one of the elfs go first, they could easily be picked off by one, if I go first and fail to see/disarm the traps, then I will most certainly get picked off by it..... so I have really no idea who should actually be the one in front lol))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »

((that handy, now here is the real question if there are traps and one of the elfs go first, they could easily be picked off by one, if I go first and fail to see/disarm the traps, then I will most certainly get picked off by it..... so I have really no idea who should actually be the one in front lol))
((Maybe the man who is poking the ground, testing for traps, with a ten foot pole?))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2017, 12:26:47 am »

((I think, if we have 10' wide areas to work with, that Bargulg with the pole and Koby with thief checks should be first, and at least one elf should be second for hopefully seeing past the range of the torches.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2017, 09:40:45 pm »

Just before the group leaves Ayne picks up the vials.
((Correct me if I'm wrong, but potions and scrolls don't set off detect magic if i recall. Seriously, correct me on this, I don't remember))
Of the items collected, the 59 arrows, the spear, the bracers, the wet quarterstaff, the soaked broadsword ((Should say that its a "normal" sword)), and the 2 soaked daggers light up.

You don't spot anything else different with your detect magic

((Divy up what you want. Whether you take it with you or not, you still keep the XP for the items you find.

I'll take the 10' pole guy and the trapper are searching for traps in the front while the others follow))

(4/100) *SUCCESS* Koby pulls back on the honor-bound warrior and points out three tripwires he was all but ready to set off. You're unsure what it triggers, however
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2017, 09:50:04 pm »

((So all of the arrows are magical?))

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8