Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6  (Read 13808 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Try D&D Basic: The Dark Fortres of Skaldbani - The Caverns 6/6
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2017, 01:02:19 pm »

Bargulg is a simple man, and acts accordingly. Drawing his sword and readying his shield, he charges in, attacking a Forgotten, bellowing an Orcish war cry, "Okak Jet Zizi Jat Ar Nozod!"

Anyone who actually speaks Orcish would realized that, while he was trying to say "Your mother lies with horses!", he actually said "Your old female sleep with horse." His grasp of the language is clearly subpar.

Attack a Forgotten!
(19 vs (17-8AC)) Bargulg shows his orc heritage by swinging his broadsword at the forgotten, and unlike the puny humans, the fighting prowess of an orc shows them how its done, dealing (7+2) damage and cleaving the one carrying a broken blade and severing his head from his body with ease.

The last forgotten goes crazed at seeing his ally fall, bringing his axe up for a powerful blow, only for the axe head to fly off and shatter as it hits the ceiling. The force of the forgotten's power bringing it up was so great, that he smacks himself in the face now that the weight of the axe is gone.

The party readies to pile on the last enemy, now defenceless as he knocked himself on the ground
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2017, 02:34:04 pm »

Aaron considers if they might have anything useful to say, but decides after that display that it was unlikely. Stepping in, he used his glave to spear the Forgotten to the ground and keep it in place.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2017, 08:03:32 pm »

Lagolass attacks with his Halberd!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2017, 02:39:56 pm »

Let's take another swing at the same guy
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2017, 11:10:49 pm »

Aaron considers if they might have anything useful to say, but decides after that display that it was unlikely. Stepping in, he used his glave to spear the Forgotten to the ground and keep it in place.
((Helpless being the key term here, means you get a coup de grace... Which is an insta kill in this edition))

Aaron spikes the forgotten in the chest as his glaive goes right through bone, making a crunching noise as the frail skeleton of these forgotten humans snaps like twigs.

The party gains 5xp each ((They're worth 16xp each...))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2017, 09:51:38 am »

Aaron gives a professional twist and jerk as he removed the blade of his polearm from the Forgotten's chest. "Well, there goes stealth as an option, but we should keep our eyes open for deadlier traps."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2017, 07:02:43 pm »

((BUMP))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:36 pm »

Lagolass scouts ahead, using infravision and elf-sight to look for traps.

((I actually completely forgot about this ._. ))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2017, 03:13:10 pm »

Bargulg continues to poke the ground with his ten-foot pole, checking for traps.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2017, 05:50:04 pm »

((aren't we still in combat?))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2017, 05:59:28 pm »

((Helpless being the key term here, means you get a coup de grace... Which is an insta kill in this edition))

Aaron spikes the forgotten in the chest as his glaive goes right through bone, making a crunching noise as the frail skeleton of these forgotten humans snaps like twigs.

The party gains 5xp each ((They're worth 16xp each...))
((aren't we still in combat?))
((No, I was waiting for you guys to do something after posting this))

Lagolass scouts ahead, using infravision and elf-sight to look for traps.

((I actually completely forgot about this ._. ))
Bargulg continues to poke the ground with his ten-foot pole, checking for traps.
(19/100) You don't spot any more traps. You DO however, spot a slightly hidden alcove that most would overlook as it is hidden behind some rocks. Its a tight fit for you, but for some starving humans (or an elf) you could squeeze in no problem. Others will have a bit of a hard time getting in.

Meanwhile, Bargulg checks the area around the alcove and a bit down, setting off another bell. Lagolass checking out the alcove hears the bell chiming inside and spots the thin string attached to it. It seems only three aren't set off yet. Legolass also gets a whiff of a foul smell that smells like the mix of decay, feces and rust/metal. Somehow, the third of which is most overpowering of the smells (4-1) (Constitution) but despite the smell of steel, the other smells get to Legolass as he steps back from the place, takes about nine shaky steps from the alcove and vomits uncontrollably (helpless)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:18:46 pm by highmax28 »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2017, 01:12:23 am »

((highmax... friends don't set rust monsters on friends. Just saying. :P))

Aaron moves up to watch the alcove warily, sparing a quick glance at the heaving elf. "Most of the lads threw up after their first time killing someone, but this is a bit delayed, isn't it?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2017, 09:17:29 am »

Lagolass waves a hand in front of his face, trying to physically ward the smell away. "It's not that. There's some sort of foul stench back there, in that alcove. I guess it got to me."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2017, 10:27:36 am »

((highmax... friends don't set rust monsters on friends. Just saying. :P))

Aaron moves up to watch the alcove warily, sparing a quick glance at the heaving elf. "Most of the lads threw up after their first time killing someone, but this is a bit delayed, isn't it?"
It smells awful but you're not too sure why the elf started to keel over. Maybe he didn't have the stomach?

You can't seem to fit in the alcove with your platemail on.

Lagolass waves a hand in front of his face, trying to physically ward the smell away. "It's not that. There's some sort of foul stench back there, in that alcove. I guess it got to me."
You're queasy but you're not vomiting anymore (-2 to all rolls)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2017, 07:17:09 am »

"Could be a rotting corpse or an undead abomination. If it's a corpse, it may be worth checking out. Who here is the most accustomed to terrible smells?"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8