Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 52450 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6 - R6 D1 (5/7)
« Reply #285 on: September 05, 2017, 08:54:34 pm »

@Deus Asmoth - fair enough, forgot that FoU was so close to lynch. Unvote

@Hector - can see where you're coming from, but my reasoning: KM has a mafia-kill, so their role is generally secondary (night actions will rarely be used). They're okay if they get a useless role. Town, on the other hand, often rely on their roles to find the KM - look at the last few rounds. I'd say the situation of 1 mafia with a power role vs. 6 townies with power roles is way more town-sided than 1 vanilla mafia vs. 6 vanilla townies, wouldn't you? And the meta-game thing isn't totally valid: you should look at each round individually and make decisions based on your alignment. Unless you're planning on becoming KM next round and leaving everyone with bad roles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 06, 2017, 04:24:17 am »

Day should've ended a while ago, but I'm pretty busy right now. I'll end it later today, so let's say: 20:00 BRT today. That's 13:30 from now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 06, 2017, 07:01:00 am »

*shakes his head*

For someone so bothered about others not scumhunting, prefuzek, you sure like to focus on things that don't help with scumhunting.

FoU: who would you focus on other than me?

DA: why are you putting pressure on FoU with no new attacks? You don't generate content by going over the same shit, either.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 06, 2017, 04:32:48 pm »

Come to think about it, hector13 actually is a decent vote. Here's why.

He choose Dirty Bomb two games ago, as he claimed. He only used it now, at the start of this round's first day. What was different about this round?

It makes the most sense for hector to wait to use his Dirty Bomb ability as King Mafia. As King Mafia, it doesn't matter what role he has, his kill stays. When he uses his Dirty Bomb ability as King of the Mafia, it doesn't matter what happens to him as a result. Everybody else will be much more inconvenienced. Players by default are going to choose good roles, but there's loads of bad roles in the Xyblot list that Dirty Bomb can change players to. It doesn't matter what hector's role changes to, though, he'll still have his kill if he's King Mafia.

Furthermore, hector's chances of winning, if he's town, are decreased by using Dirty Bomb. The King Mafia keeps most of his power(the kill) but the town, hector's allies, are randomized. Furthermore, the impact of the Dirty Bomb ability to improve hector's chances of winning decreases if he uses it as town. Town players cannot win the game in the current round. The only player that can win the game in the current round is the King Mafia. In between the current round, when hector cannot win if he's town, and the next round, where hector can possibly win if he becomes King Mafia, players will die and rejoin with new roles, unaffected by Dirty Bomb. It makes more victory sense to save the Dirty Bomb ability until a round in which one is King Mafia, then use it.

That's why I'm voting hector right now.

FoU: who would you focus on other than me?
Persus13 and Deus Asmoth, given I'm town and prefuzek is doing good scum hunting and I'm leaning town on him. Persus and Deus need to post more, so pressuring them would be a good idea if I wasn't thinking you're the King Mafia.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 06, 2017, 05:00:48 pm »

This is true: Dirty Bomb changes roles

This is true: the most amount of roles to be changed in the game are on D1

Therefore: Dirty Bomb is most effective on D1.

*sighs*

Whatever. I've said all I want to say regarding this.

One thing though, seeing as you forgot to read the thread again:

To be fair, my role should have changed too. The role description does say everyone Teneb :P
All other players. If I didn't include that in the pm, my bad.

I'm vanilla, Dirty Bomb is a single-shot day action.

So... have you paid any attention to anything that was said by someone not named hector?

You have time left, why not hedge your bets and pressure Persus and DA anyway? You lose nothing, and get a head start on D2 if when you find out you're wrong.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 06, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »

This is true: Dirty Bomb changes roles

This is true: the most amount of roles to be changed in the game are on D1

Therefore: Dirty Bomb is most effective on D1.
Yes. It's also most effective to use it when you're mafia. It doesn't make sense to use it as town because you can't win in the round you use it in, and the benefits from using it go away as people die and rejoin.

I'm vanilla, Dirty Bomb is a single-shot day action.
I did miss that. Thanks. In any case, you're actually more likely to want to use Dirty Bomb as mafia as a result of this, you don't have to worry about claiming night actions and can kill as you like.

So... have you paid any attention to anything that was said by someone not named hector?
Yes. If less.

You have time left, why not hedge your bets and pressure Persus and DA anyway? You lose nothing, and get a head start on D2 if when you find out you're wrong.
Why not vote somebody other than you, you say?

Well, I'm keeping my vote on you, but I'm fine looking into Persus and DA.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 06, 2017, 05:22:19 pm »

I guess it doesn't make sense to use it as Town, which is why it's listed under Town in the Xylbot list, and Shakerag has used it twice as Town.

I don't know why I'm arguing with you, you don't listen anyway.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6 - R6 N1 (4/7)
« Reply #292 on: September 06, 2017, 06:27:13 pm »

Day 1 has ended.

Votecount
-prefuzek (0):
-Persus13 (1): hector13
-hector13 (1): FallacyofUrist
-FallacyofUrist (2): Persus13, Deus Asmoth
-Deus Asmoth (0):

FallacyofUrist has been lynched! He was a Witch (Town).

Night 1 begins.

Night ends 20:00 of the 7th of September.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6 - R6 D2 (3/7)
« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2017, 06:30:23 pm »

Night 1 has ended.

Prefuzek has died! They were a Pimp (Town).

Day 2 has begun.

Day ends at 20:00 of the 11th of September.

Votecount
-Persus13 (0):
-hector13 (0):
-Deus Asmoth (0):

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2017, 07:13:01 pm »

I hope you're both more active this day.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 07, 2017, 07:38:36 pm »

I hope I can be too. I need to read back on yesterday, but I also need to do some homework and sleep, so I'll see you on the other side.

Teneb: How many votes are needed to hammer today?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 07, 2017, 07:41:38 pm »

I hope I can be too. I need to read back on yesterday, but I also need to do some homework and sleep, so I'll see you on the other side.

Teneb: How many votes are needed to hammer today?
2. It's always half, rounded up if it's not a whole number.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 07, 2017, 07:49:52 pm »

2. It's always half, rounded up if it's not a whole number.
Thanks! I thought that was it, but I wanted to make sure.

So please don't vote as it's super easy to hammer.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »

So, my thoughts on things for today.

I'm on the fence regarding Persus making a claim. DA claimed Dirty Bomber, which does not preclude him from being scum, while I am basically a used up Dirty Bomber, leaving Persus. Not that a claim will do much either way, or can be checked.

Thus, perhaps it would be wise for DA to use their Dirty Bomb this day, with the possibility that someone gets a useful ability. Or not, but it'll be an interesting end.

Unless either of you can think of reasons not to do it?

I'm not really sure how to generate content at this point.

D1, you were both voting town, for more or less the same reasons, and did little else. I probably would have been voting for FoU too, had I not wanted the day to end naturally.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2017, 09:01:59 am »

I'd like to hear DA's reasoning for whether or not he'll use the Dirty Bomb first, as that will give us more information on him, which we kind of need, considering he has two posts to his name.

DA: What do you think about hector's suggestion to use your dirty bomb ability?

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23