Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 52697 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - R1 D1 (6/7)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2017, 12:11:16 am »

Yeah, regardless of the alignment for a particular role, everyone's wincon is either "kill the King Mafia to end the round" or "kill everyone else to win". I assumed everyone was marked as survivor if they weren't KING MAFIA but apparently not.

Shakerag: Why are you KING MAFIA again?

BlackHeartKabal: Why did you daykill hector13?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2017, 09:28:25 am »

... What?

I thought it was 1 Mafia and 6 Town...
It probably matters for alignment inspects. If someone claims something like Doctor and you inspected them as an SK last round, you can be pretty confident they're lying.

So y'all shouldn't be claiming your alignments, because now the King Mafia has some vague idea of what your roles are.

Case in point:
Quote from: Hector's Role
Deep One (sk; rare; 4+ players): You kill other players. If you don't use a night action, all actions targeting you that night fail. Actions: kill

Also, am I the second oldest mafia player in this game?

Deus Asmoth: What are you most looking forward to in this game? Any grand plans to find the King Mafia?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2017, 10:04:02 am »

Weird.

I'm fairly sure that's new. Wasn't how it was last time.

Also, why the heck would anybody day kill hector right off the bat?... maybe the King Mafia has a day kill?
~~~
Persus13: How do you think this apparent change in the rules will affect the game?

BlackHeartKabal: Why do you think TheDarkStar is asking you if you killed hector13?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2017, 12:18:15 pm »

persus13:
It probably matters for alignment inspects. If someone claims something like Doctor and you inspected them as an SK last round, you can be pretty confident they're lying.

So y'all shouldn't be claiming your alignments, because now the King Mafia has some vague idea of what your roles are.
Just the sort of fake helpfulness I would expect from someone on the scumteam. 

TheDarkStar:
Yeah, regardless of the alignment for a particular role, everyone's wincon is either "kill the King Mafia to end the round" or "kill everyone else to win". I assumed everyone was marked as survivor if they weren't KING MAFIA but apparently not.

Shakerag: Why are you KING MAFIA again?
So are you claiming that you don't have a killing ability?  Nevermind, see analysis below.

Bitch, please.  I haven't been KING MAFIA even once yet. 

And just so you all aren't distracted with irrelevant things, I killed hector13.  My alignment is serial killer, not king mafia.  I had two reasons for killing him.  One I'm not saying, and the other was so that I didn't get him confused with Persus13.  Well, and I suppose there was the third reason of it would just be hilarious to daykill someone right off the bat.  Actually, I just thought of a fourth reason.  There was a chance I could hit king mafia blindly.  Oh, and a fifth!  Now the odds of lynching king mafia are better.  So, really, plenty of good reasons. 

So, I predict that you're all going to try and lynch me now.  That's fair.  I'd likely do the same thing to someone who just pulled this nonsense.  Even though it is early in the game, I'm serious about lynching Persus13.  He just said the kind of thing you say as scum to try and make everyone think you're a helpful townie.  It's like he was scrambling to try and find something helpful to say to increase his towncred, even if it came off as ultimately useless.  I mean, think about how many roles are in that xylbot list and how many alignments can be on each individual role, let alone how many roles are associated with any particular alignment.  King mafia knowing our alignments is practically useless information. 

For example:  A daykiller, such as myself, could be either town or sk aligned.  A survivor could be anything from Santa (gives gifts) to Crazed Fiend (one-shot daykill). 

So Persus13 saying to not reveal our alignments seems on the surface to be a helpful thing that is anti-king mafia, but is in truth a gesture with no true value, and absolutely something who is scum would try to say to appear helpful and townlike. 

Reminder:  My weekends are very busy and there is no guarantee of me responding in a timely manner or even at all until Monday.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2017, 12:19:28 pm »

EBWOP:  Sixth reason!  That'll put an end to the RVS phase pretty damn quickly and generate meaningful discussion and analysis.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2017, 02:21:25 pm »

Shakerag

Yeah no. You seem to be coming up with reasons to daykill hector after you did it, which doesn't make sense unless you want to justify randomly killing someone. And your odds of hitting KING MAFIA are low. I admit there is some comedic value in immediately daykilling, but randomly killing someone basically just makes it easier for the KING MAFIA to win.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2017, 02:41:08 pm »

Shakerag

Yeah no. You seem to be coming up with reasons to daykill hector after you did it, which doesn't make sense unless you want to justify randomly killing someone. And your odds of hitting KING MAFIA are low. I admit there is some comedic value in immediately daykilling, but randomly killing someone basically just makes it easier for the KING MAFIA to win.
If I was king mafia, you toolchest, I wouldn't have admitted to the daykill in the first place.  Think!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2017, 05:02:59 pm »

VOTECOUNT:
-FallacyofUrist:
-TheDarkStar:
-Persus13 (2): FallacyofUrist, Shakerag
-Shakerag (1): TheDarkStar
-BlackHeartKabal:
-Deus Asmoth (1): Persus13
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2017, 05:44:31 pm »

Shakerag

If I was king mafia, you toolchest, I wouldn't have admitted to the daykill in the first place.  Think!
That's just what the king mafia would say. /sarcasm.

But seriously, you seriously don't think you'd take refuge in audacity in claiming something like that?

Also, sure there's a ton of roles on that list, but the roles people go for are more limited. And what alignment people are still tells you a fair bit about their role. Sure town and survivor can be a lot of things, but SK can tell you a bit more. However, it does lead me to be fairly sure DA isn't King Mafia In fact, BHK's reaction strikes me as a bit off.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2017, 07:08:31 pm »

BlackHeartKabal: Why did you daykill hector13?
See, that's tough, considering I don't have a daykill.
BlackHeartKabal: Why do you think TheDarkStar is asking you if you killed hector13?
Because he isn't King Mafia, and wants the actual KM to die so he can have his shot at it. Else, he wouldn't be so eager to accuse, I'd suppose.

Shakerag

Funny as that daykill was, what the hell, man?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2017, 10:21:36 pm »

Shakerag

What, exactly, the hell do you want from me?  I gave a large number of reasons as to why I did what I did, and am pushing a case on whom I think is scum. 

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2017, 10:41:27 pm »

Shakerag

What, exactly, the hell do you want from me?  I gave a large number of reasons as to why I did what I did, and am pushing a case on whom I think is scum.
I assure you, there is no circumstance in which anyone with the town's well being in mind would day kill someone the first day, your reasoning notwithstanding.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2017, 11:52:52 pm »

Shakerag

I assure you, there is no circumstance in which anyone with the town's well being in mind would day kill someone the first day, your reasoning notwithstanding.
Whelp, you got me there. 

Shakerag.  I'll see myself out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2017, 11:56:59 pm »

BHK: ...what about the six reasons Shakerag gave? What do you think of them?

Also note that there is precedent for town daykilling D1 in a game like this.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2017, 12:26:47 am »

And yes, I still think Shakerag is scummy for daykilling and for the way he justified it. It's just that BHK's vote seems oddly motivated.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23