Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 50882 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins
« on: July 16, 2017, 07:31:54 pm »

King Teneb was crowned fast, lived fast, and probably died fast. You are unsure about that last one, since he was found dead not too long ago. He'd also been absent for quite a while, and seems to have been trying to get back. The tradition was clear in this regard: if the killer managed to evade justice, they'd become the new monarch.

Previous game list:
King of the Mafia (second thread)
King of the Mafia Continued
King of the Mafia 3
King of the Mafia 4
King of the Mafia 5

Rules
Continuing the proud tradition of copying from previous threads:
Welcome to King of the Mafia, your chance to win the fabulous crown of this subforum!  The rules are below.  They were originally written by Dakarian and have been edited by webadict and me (my edits are in italics).
You think you've proven yourself, child?  "Oh my, I won as town!"  Meh, that's easy with a whole army at your back and power roles you can abuse.   "But I've beaten the town as Mafia!"  PHAH!  With friends and a horribly weak town.

But can you do both?  Can you take down the mafia with 6 others, then turn around as mafia and BEAT those 6 to a pulp?  Can you pick just the perfect role-braving additions caused by an evil mod-that will not only help you as town but also as scum?  Can you fight off endless waves of people, including those you've killed? 

Well then step on the hill and see if you have what it takes to be King of the Mafia.

Spoiler: Basic Rules:  READ! (click to show/hide)

Specialized Rules:

Inning is not required to sign up.  To sign up read only the first two pages of Xylbot's role list and choose ONE role from there (and PM it to me).  You will then be assigned with that role, with a possibility of additional features based on balance or tomfoolery(though nothing hidden).

Once 7 people have signed up, the game begins.  A random person will be picked as KING MAFIA and will be given, on top of their role, the Mafiakill.  The First Round ONLY will start with a kill-less Night (that is all killing abilities will be disabled).

From there, the game continues.  During the game, anyone else can Sign up to be put on a queue. Game will play like a standard mafia game.  If you die at any time, you may Sign up again, though others who haven't played that round will have priority.

If King Mafia is killed at any time, the round ends.  Those in queue will take the place of those that died to refill the ranks back to 7 (those still alive remain), a new KING MAFIA will be picked, and the game will start on the next phase (Old round ends in Day, new round starts at Night...)

Play continues until KING MAFIA succeeds in being the ONLY one alive.  Note that all players being dead does not fulfill the KING MAFIA win condition - in that case a new round would begin with 7 new players.

There is an antilurk system in place.  Each RL day, you MUST have either voted (even if its for the same person) or sent in an action.  Fail once and you get one prod.  Fail twice in the same round and you will be killed, a player in Queue will automatically Sub in for you, and you will not be able to rejoin.  Ever.

All may join this game, though be aware of the antilurk system.  Please read this line Dariush.

*Toony Edit on No-Lynch policy*
Players may choose to no-lynch two days in a row. Otherwise a lynch must be made. If players force a tie then the lynch target will be randomly decided between the lynch candidates. If there are only two players left the compulsory lynch rule is not enforced, instead a stalemate results in a mafia loss.

You're done with the rules.  Now join and claim the mountain!

Addendums

All times will be in BRT. BRT is GMT-3.

Extends require 50% of players voting for them in bold.  There are no shortens.  If you're done, remember that hammers are on.

If for some reason I fail to end the day on time, it keeps going until I can end it.

Round 1 (3/7 players):
-hector13 - Deep One (Serial Killer)
-FallacyofUrist - Yellow Goo (Surivor) and King of the Mafia
-TheDarkStar
-Persus13
-Shakerag - Daykiller (Serial Killer)
-BlackHeartKabal
-Deus Asmoth - Toxic Goo (Survivor)

Round 2 (2/7):
-hector13 - Deep One (Serial Killer)
-FallacyofUrist
-TheDarkStar
-Persus13 - Poisoner (Serial Killer)
-Shakerag - Dirty Bomber (Town)
-BlackHeartKabal - Bus Driver (Town) and King of the Mafia
-Deus Asmoth - Toxic Goo (Survivor)

Round 3 (5/7)
-TheDarkStar - Yellow Goo (Survivor) and King of the Mafia
-FallacyofUrist - Magistrate (Town)
-prefuzek
-hector13
-Persus13
-Deus Asmoth
-BlackHeartKabal

Round 4 (5/7):
-prefuzek
-hector13 - Devil's Advocate (Serial Killer)
-Persus13
-Deus Asmoth
-BlackHeartKabal - Blogger (Town) and King of the Mafia
-notquitethere
-Shakerag

Round 5 (3/7):
-prefuzek
-Persus13
-Deus Asmoth - Mad Scientist (Town)
-notquitethere
-Shakerag - Dirty Bomber (Town)
-FallacyofUrist - Faerie Godmother (Town)
-TheDarkStar - Network Robot (Town) and King of the Mafia

Round 6 (3/7):
-prefuzek - Pimp (Town)
-Persus13
-notquitethere - Psycopath (Serial Killer)
-hector13
-Fallacy of Urist - Witch (Town)
-Deus Asmoth Shakerag
-TheDarkStar - Doppleganger (Serial Killer)

Waitlist (0/7):
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:13:10 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (0/7)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:39:57 pm »

Prior Train Winker
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (1/7)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 08:12:39 am »

Maybe I'll end up ending the game again? Anyways, I need day game practice, so in. Expect to receive my role shortly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (2/7)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 12:16:05 pm »

Alright, I'm in and I've sent my role.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (3/7)
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 03:38:36 pm »

I'm still on the edge on whether I should do this. Consider me in, but I'll send in my role later tomorrow. It's OK if I get bumped to replacements or whatever.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (3/7)
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 11:29:18 am »

Looks like you need players, so I'll IN on this. I'll send in my role later today.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (4/7)
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 03:03:44 pm »

Oh what the hell.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (5/7)
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 07:38:55 pm »

In, I guess.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (5/7)
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 09:23:20 am »

Yeah, as it turns out I have to out on this one, in case you've already added me. I'll definitely enjoy watching, though. :)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - (6/7)
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 09:45:28 am »

Yeah, as it turns out I have to out on this one, in case you've already added me. I'll definitely enjoy watching, though. :)
I didn't because of the lack of role, but it's alright.

Anyway, we just need one more to start.

Also, a question for people who already in'd: would you prefer that I auto-add dead players to the list for the next round or do you think it might be best that those interested ask for inclusion?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 09:49:41 am »

I didn't because of the lack of role, but it's alright.

Anyway, we just need one more to start.

Also, a question for people who already in'd: would you prefer that I auto-add dead players to the list for the next round or do you think it might be best that those interested ask for inclusion?
The latter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 10:23:43 am »

The latter, yes. But players who are living should be able to say they want in the next round if they die, rather than having to state it after they die.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 01:58:23 pm »

Latter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 02:07:11 pm »

+1
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 03:36:45 pm »

Don't dead players have to resubmit a role anyways?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23