Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 50884 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6 - R6 D2 (3/7)
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2017, 02:48:07 pm »

We're at LYLO, and I was hoping I'd see someone posting in here over the weekend, but that didn't happen. So Extend.

I've been reading through hector's posts, and if he's King Mafia, he's done an excellent job of hiding it. Moves like putting me at L1 yesterday were  pretty attention grabbing on his part, and not the sort of moves I'd expect him to be making if he was concerned about getting lynched to lose the game. On the other hand, Deus Asmoth has posted very little this entire game (to be fair, so have I, but that's not my problem), and so when it comes to it, I'd rather lynch him today than hector.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2017, 04:31:01 pm »

1 vote for extend, 2 are needed.

No votecount because 0 votes. Day ends 20:00 BRT, that's exactly 1:30 from now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »

Extend
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 11, 2017, 05:46:03 pm »

Also, what happens if DA doesn't deign to show himself?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 11, 2017, 05:57:41 pm »

Also, what happens if DA doesn't deign to show himself?
DA is being prodded.

Due to the nature of the current day, I'm counting actual activity for the prod, not votes.

Also: Day extended to 20:00 BRT of the 12th of September.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 11, 2017, 07:54:52 pm »

We're at LYLO, and I was hoping I'd see someone posting in here over the weekend, but that didn't happen. So Extend.

I've been reading through hector's posts, and if he's King Mafia, he's done an excellent job of hiding it. Moves like putting me at L1 yesterday were  pretty attention grabbing on his part, and not the sort of moves I'd expect him to be making if he was concerned about getting lynched to lose the game. On the other hand, Deus Asmoth has posted very little this entire game (to be fair, so have I, but that's not my problem), and so when it comes to it, I'd rather lynch him today than hector.

This is where I have the problem: you're both good players, and at least one of you is town. I was the most town-looking player on D1, so scum!Persus/DA isn't going to vote for me 'cause town!DA/Persus won't go for it.

I'm basically in RVS with my reads on you guys, but I don't know what to do about it because I can't vote either of you without risking a quick end to the game.

There was only one thing I did see, and that's pitting you and DA against each other for my vote. This is made an impossible task when one of you doesn't show up.

The question at this point, then, is what are you going to do about it Persus? You had plenty of oppor-chancity to chat with me over the weekend (presumably) so why didn't you take it? You started the day with the theatrical "we need to be careful with our votes!" nonsense... in a three-person-one-scum scenario. Kind of a "no shit Sherlock" thing.

There is the possibility that I'm scum. I mean, in Reverse Mafia I pulled the exact same hammer-gambit on D1, and I was scum in that game. What makes this game so different?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:16 pm »

The question at this point, then, is what are you going to do about it Persus? You had plenty of oppor-chancity to chat with me over the weekend (presumably) so why didn't you take it? You started the day with the theatrical "we need to be careful with our votes!" nonsense... in a three-person-one-scum scenario. Kind of a "no shit Sherlock" thing.
I don't like double posting and I'm busy. I assumed I'd get a notification sometime this weekend that someone posted in the thread. Didn't happen. All I have to read on the game is the last day which is 2-3 pages of two dead people and one living guy arguing. And he's the guy I'm leaning town on. I don't have much motivation to play the game when I've got nothing to go on. I got excited over the weekend because I thought I found a way to win with my role, but it didn't work out. So why couldn't you have posted a post like this this weekend?

I've mentioned this in a previous game (BYOR, I think), but I've seen plenty of games lost to people who aren't paying attention to hammers. I've also run games of Mafia, and I know players don't remember every rule or just skip the rules section of the OP. So I assume Mafia players don't pay attention to hammer rules and don't always read the OP. And that way I get pleasantly surprised and not screwed over. So when I repeat information, its because repetition makes it more likely to stick.

There is the possibility that I'm scum. I mean, in Reverse Mafia I pulled the exact same hammer-gambit on D1, and I was scum in that game. What makes this game so different?
I wasn't in Reverse Mafia, so I don't care. So, you've pulled this gambit as scum. Now, why would you be point this out if you were the King Mafia? You know I wasn't in the game, but you decided to bring it up anyway. I already stated I think you're town. Sure, you could be pulling some complicated gambit, but what's the point of that if you're scum?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2017, 06:55:43 am »

I don't like double posting and I'm busy. I assumed I'd get a notification sometime this weekend that someone posted in the thread. Didn't happen. All I have to read on the game is the last day which is 2-3 pages of two dead people and one living guy arguing. And he's the guy I'm leaning town on. I don't have much motivation to play the game when I've got nothing to go on. I got excited over the weekend because I thought I found a way to win with my role, but it didn't work out. So why couldn't you have posted a post like this this weekend?

I'm a good player too, I know when I've done enough to make myself look Town. I was hoping DA would show up and you guys would duke it out with some interjections for clarification from me, but evidently not. I thought I had that luxury, now I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do with you.

Seriously though, no scumhunting 'cause you don't like to double-post?

I wasn't in Reverse Mafia, so I don't care. So, you've pulled this gambit as scum. Now, why would you be point this out if you were the King Mafia? You know I wasn't in the game, but you decided to bring it up anyway. I already stated I think you're town. Sure, you could be pulling some complicated gambit, but what's the point of that if you're scum?

It's easy town-cred.

I don't expect anyone to read through all the games I play (and vice-versa) but what's the point of ignoring my meta because you didn't play in the previous game in question and 'cause you think I'm Town?

You keep saying you're leaning town on me, which tells me you're by no means certain. You make a mistake with something like that now, you lose, yet no effort on your part to refine that. Mighty suspicious, don't you think?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:29 am »

I can't pull scumhunting out of thin air. If no one responds to what I'm saying, there's no point. Again, why couldn't you have posted something like your last two posts on the weekend? You hadn't posted since the 8th.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2017, 12:23:34 pm »

I was doing the same thing you were doing: waiting for DA. Like I said, I have the luxury of being the most townie player from D1.

The weekend is my time off. First week of football so Sunday was spent doing that, and I wanted to spend some time with my wife on Saturday after we both finished working. Also, we both have a day off on Monday, so that's chore day/more time spending.

I did have time to check the thread and answer questions though. Town!Persus knows they need to do something to sway my vote, since there's next to nothing to go on.

Not that it really bloody matters at this point. If I wanted to lynch you, I couldn't, 'cause my Celtic friend has buggered off.

Teneb: will DA be mod-killed if he doesn't show up? Can I demand another extension since B12 was knackered on Monday, and I was totally trying all day to get on and scumhunt Persus, no joke for realsies true story?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2017, 02:41:20 pm »

Teneb: will DA be mod-killed if he doesn't show up? Can I demand another extension since B12 was knackered on Monday, and I was totally trying all day to get on and scumhunt Persus, no joke for realsies true story?
The rules say a queued player will "sub" in. I assume "sub" to be substitute. I may not have updated the queue in the OP, but there is one. I'm actually going to contact the first on the list to see if they can.

If you want an extension, vote for it. There is nothing saying there is a limit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2017, 03:40:10 pm »

Might as well extend, then.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2017, 03:46:39 pm »

1 vote to extend. 2 required.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »

I'm extending the game slightly. It will end 22:00 BRT at the earliest.

Deus Asmoth is up for replacement, Shakerag has been contacted.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2017, 06:03:57 pm »

Sorry, I know I kind of suck at the moment, but eh. No point in excuses.
Extend

I'd like to hear DA's reasoning for whether or not he'll use the Dirty Bomb first, as that will give us more information on him, which we kind of need, considering he has two posts to his name.

DA: What do you think about hector's suggestion to use your dirty bomb ability?

I don't see the point, to be honest. The only possible way it'd be useful at the moment would be on the off chance that the other town player gets a night kill or jail ability, which isn't exactly likely from what I can see. Now, it would show that I have the role I claimed, but as hector mentioned, that doesn't mean much. I honestly keep thinking that the only reason using it now rather than later would make a difference would be if he were king mafia planning to avoid his role being randomised on the off chance he does die today, but I suspect that's just lack of sleep paranoia.

hector, Is the only reason for trying the dirty bomb to roll the dice and hope for something good, or do you see another benefit to it?

persus, Considering this could be the last round of the game, do you want to mention how you thought you were going to win with your role and why you seemed ok with it being removed during the weekend you thought you could win by using it? Since town can't win in any case, why that choice of wording?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23