Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood of Armok Issues...?  (Read 2630 times)

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
Blood of Armok Issues...?
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:25:00 pm »

So I'm not sure if this is actually an issue or not but I've made several forts with this mod(7 or so in version 1.25, 1.27; a few in 1.28 and now 2 in 1.29) and not 1 has ever had blood of armok they've all had tears but never blood. I can get it as a cut stone for some of them but others I can't and I noticed what they let you take at embark generally tells you what is in the area before ever using the prospect command in DF Hack. Is it just THAT rare to find it in relation to tears? Was really hoping to armok some magma wells for a fort but I've not had luck due to none ever showing up and this has happened in several version of the mod in several regions. The one thing I can never seem to find is them...that and the bit of stone under the magma sea but I get huge seas all the time it's a pain to get under them xD Do I just have the worst luck or is something else at work here....I hope I didn't make Armok hate me... T^T
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:28:08 pm by Alkmayix »

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood of Armok Issues...?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:26:53 am »

It is random chance.  Have you been using reveal and then prospect to check?

Looking at the raws, the blood is a bit more rare than then tears.  I don't see anything limiting the location to certain rock types.

Code: [Select]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_ONE:15]
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 04:43:09 pm »

It is random chance.  Have you been using reveal and then prospect to check?

Looking at the raws, the blood is a bit more rare than then tears.  I don't see anything limiting the location to certain rock types.

Code: [Select]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_ONE:15]

I don't know what the reveal command is but I use prospect and use the embark to get a rough idea since at least with metals the metals on embark (past adamantine) are what you will find in an area. I knew it was rare and chance based but having had so many different saves and ALL having tears and no blood I figured something might have been up...though it sounds like I'm just super duper unlucky...

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 05:12:23 pm »

Notably in 1.29 the blood and tears were added to the random gem pool alongside warpstone. They're quite rare still but large quarrying projects should find some in layer stone. If that fails the archaeologist can process non economic stone and might pop some out occasionally. Keep In mind they're supposed to be rare because intelligent use of the blood can completely replace pump stacks, minecart systems, and magma pistons, all of which would require time and active effort to set up

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 05:18:48 pm »

Notably in 1.29 the blood and tears were added to the random gem pool alongside warpstone. They're quite rare still but large quarrying projects should find some in layer stone. If that fails the archaeologist can process non economic stone and might pop some out occasionally. Keep In mind they're supposed to be rare because intelligent use of the blood can completely replace pump stacks, minecart systems, and magma pistons, all of which would require time and active effort to set up

I saw the chance as random stone in DFHack it mentioned it being there but I'm just bothered by it across so many different versions of the mod and the saves I've put into each with none showing up. Sounds like I'm just super unlucky then...oh well. just wish they didn't all have tears I generally make sure there is a river where I embark for water supply and possible defensive usage.

dantebelmondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 06:39:48 pm »

Just got one today.

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 09:19:20 am »

After trying a bunch of spots and worlds I finally got a spot that actually has them and not as a hidden stone! I don't have tears in the area but I do indeed have a fort (hermit) that actually has them for once. Yay I don't have to dig really far down for magma now~ Still gotta figure out the well and magma workshops now @.@;; -EDIT- okay it's actually really close to where my magma sea is darn it... so still lots of digging my poor hermit is gonna hate me so much. xD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:20:57 am by Alkmayix »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 12:59:22 pm »

How do you actually use the blood or tears?

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 05:34:55 pm »

Idk, I found Tears before but there were no Tears... "You have struck Tears of Armok" I look and there is nothing...

infinityc0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 02:06:44 pm »

Well, you can use them as high value gems, but the main point is to use them to create magma/water wells. You find those in the furnaces menu and use one blood of armok or tear of armok to create a work station that allows you to generate an infinite source of magma or water, respectively.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 10:41:59 am »

Idk, I found Tears before but there were no Tears... "You have struck Tears of Armok" I look and there is nothing...

If its a hidden gem in a layer you just dug, thats message will show up, but the gem will already be on the ground.

Well, you can use them as high value gems, but the main point is to use them to create magma/water wells. You find those in the furnaces menu and use one blood of armok or tear of armok to create a work station that allows you to generate an infinite source of magma or water, respectively.

Only dwarves have this function, othwr races have other options.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal