Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Regions of Ruin 65% off for 7 days and 10 languages  (Read 7768 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Regions of Ruin 65% off for 7 days and 10 languages
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:53:06 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClrVXGbeuC8

Hey there everyone! Regions of Ruin is now available for the next 7 days at a whopping 65% off on our steam page, along with a considerable amount of work done on languages. We've just added 10!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/680360/Regions_Of_Ruin/

DISCORD :  https://discord.gg/jxZjXke

http://store.steampowered.com/app/680360/Regions_Of_Ruin/

Hey there everyone! Alex Poysky here with my latest game! I usually don't crap post with publicity or anything of the sort unless I'm announcing a new title, and that's just the case :D.

We'll be letting people at Bay12games participate in early testing leading up to launch. We do not need financing of any sort as the entire project has been financed by a source that, while famous, wants to remain anonymous until launch for larger impact.

The quick one phrase elevator pitch of the game is "What if Elder Scrolls met Kingdom".

Here's a youtube announcement video :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s31mAjXxu14&feature=youtu.be

Anyways, you all have known me for going on 8 years now, so I'll take any and all criticism on the chin, and am happy to speak with anyone here or @alexpoysky on my twitter!

We at Poysky Productions and Vox Games are proud to announce our latest title. Regions of Ruin.

It's an open world strategy action rpg where you build up a dwarven settlement in hopes of restoring their former glory.

Multi Platform (Pc, Mac, Ios, Android, Ps4, Xboxone, Switch) plans!

Expect early access in the coming months!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:18:53 pm by alexpoysky »
Poysky Productions

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing Regions of Ruin (By Vox games and Poysky Productions)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 07:13:02 am »

Best of luck!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seem to be 4 weapon types available and you can equip a shield. In the trailer however, I only saw the player getting hit whenever something got too close. He never dodged, blocked or did something else. Are there options available to the player to do combat without getting damaged (rolling, jumping, blocking, etc) or is it a "stay out of range and slash" type of platformer?

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:15:49 am »

There are 4 skill trees, but many weapon types!

There are ranged attacks, dodges, shield bashes, stealth, and we're adding more and more to the game every day. I'd like to ask Stephen, the main dev in here to chat with you all if he likes! But I can field questions as well Shadowgandor, thanks for the interest friend!
Poysky Productions

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:06:58 pm »

So I got a chance to play this game and I have to say I kinda like it. You basically go around different areas, killing enemies and saving workers which go to your camp. Back at your camp, the workers all have different abilities which help you out on your travels. You can build structures which do stuff as well.

The main complain I have about the game at the moment is that you don't have much freedom to decide your actions. You kill enemies either by using throwing axes (which currently don't have a cooldown, making them super strong) or, by doing the somewhat more normal thing, constantly dashing away from the enemy and hacking at them. You can block but when more than 1 enemy is fighting you, blocking becomes useless. Resources can be found in the areas you travel to, but you have no idea what resources an area contains so it just feels like you're going from area to area and spending your resources whenever you have enough to do something with them. Same goes for workers, you have no idea where they are or what they do, but you just kinda complete their quests when you encounter them and move on. If the player could have more control over the game flow, that'd make this game a lot more fun to play I think.

Note that I've tried this out for about 50 minutes and will play some more over the weekend. It seems pretty well developed and it certainly has potential!

stephenLucerne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 01:37:40 am »

Thanks Shadowgandor!

(Stephen here, running the development side of things for ROR)

I'm thrilled you've taken the time to give such good feedback, it helps a lot!

We have plans to give the map a bit more life, using markers and icons to indicate where quests are, and what sort of resources or aspects are in that specific location, hopefully giving the player a bit more awareness and control over how they'd like to progress.

Your concerns for the combat are legitimate, but yet, expected at this early stage, it'll require some balancing (and can take awhile to get right). With your feedback, though, it will make the process much smoother and easier.

feel free to pm me or even email me (stephenlucerne@gmail.com) if you want to keep giving us feedback, I'm also happy to send you current builds if you'd like to continue testing for us!!

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 04:36:07 am »

Hey guys, Testing slots are open on our private slack channel. Feel free to PM me for an invite! We're looking to get as much feedback in as possible before our october early access launch
Poysky Productions

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 12:08:47 pm »

Been testing. Game design is nice and it runs under Wine with no issues.
I give it a thumbsup.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 04:41:08 pm »

PTW
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 12:07:12 pm »

We still have many testing slots open and are forming a pretty solid community! I just got off a skype call with a rep from Curse Gamepedia and it looks like we'll be having our own wiki :D
Poysky Productions

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 06:46:18 pm »

ptw.
Direct-combat Kingdom-like sounds like a pretty fun experience.
Not sure how, but I'd certainly enjoy getting into this testing group.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 07:19:56 pm »

I'd also be interested in helping test, if there is still a need for more playtesters.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 07:53:39 pm »

Ptw for future play testing

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 05:50:54 am »

Guys, feel free to join our testing group using THIS link. It's on SLACK. The testing link expires in 22 days, hop in while you can!

https://join.slack.com/t/poyskyproductions/shared_invite/MjE3MzUyNTQ4NzI1LTE1MDA5NzA5MTUtOWMxNWJlMjNjZA
Poysky Productions

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 12:54:37 am »

First impressions: fun and very dwarven, appreciate all the Urists in the game. Throwing axes are the reason I stay alive. That is unfortunate as I can't help but think they should be nerfed, but then I'd get my ass kicked a lot more. :P I'll come up with constructive observations later on.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 08:16:22 am »

I've been running into a few bugs related to saving.
Saved away from the camp (in the first cave to be precise) and when I started the game back up, the game didn't register that I had built the storage area, and so cut all my resources to 50 and capped them.
The cap was put back to normal upon returning to camp.

Another bug was that I was losing the bonuses from equipment when loading saves, and ending up with negative stats if I removed the equipment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4