Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Very old school starship tabletop rpg simulation game thingy  (Read 1191 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Very old school starship tabletop rpg simulation game thingy
« on: August 06, 2018, 12:03:32 pm »

I remember some 20years ago i downloaded a rulesetbook thing like dungeon dragon rulebook wich took like 6hours at the time on a 56kbps modem, emptying my printer ink cartdrisge, or was it dotmatrix? was a dotmatrix. anyway it was big set of book about statio  roles, from science to navigation and so on. At one part it was talko g about using the reactor heat to sterilise medical equopment and stuff like that. It was startrek ish and using a small prpgram with scenarios and you could make macros. I Think it was tabletop or tabletop with program assistance. Does it ring a bell to slmebody? Using phone right now, i sich at typing with it.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Very old school starship tabletop rpg simulation game thingy
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 12:32:45 pm »

You might get more responses in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=37043.0
or the Tabletop thread.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 01:47:00 pm »

Craptastic, might i get a transfer? look like i used the wrong tab when i pressed post topic...
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:04:09 pm »

Traveller? It is the oldest scifi RPG. There are gazillion editions from 1977 or 1978 onwards.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 04:31:38 pm »

Must have been, ill do some search using traveller. Thank you!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 09:16:03 pm »

Yeah, good odds it was Traveller.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable