Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Movie Thread  (Read 4919 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Movie Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2017, 05:19:40 pm »

Bwump

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 02:19:10 pm »

So I just seen Alien Covenant.
On my opinion, it certainly wasn't the worst Alien movie I have seen.
It got a few moments that did not quite make sense.
But still a decent movie. Not quite on par with the original two though.

Not going to spoil anything, so I'll jut end this here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 05:07:09 pm »

So I just seen Alien Covenant.
On my opinion, it certainly wasn't the worst Alien movie I have seen.
It got a few moments that did not quite make sense.
But still a decent movie. Not quite on par with the original two though.

Not going to spoil anything, so I'll jut end this here.
Anything that makes the film worth watching? Whether as an Alien film or a standalone?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 06:51:07 pm »

Anything that makes the film worth watching? Whether as an Alien film or a standalone?
[/quote]

Well.. Plenty of people getting killed by aliens. If that's your thing.

Seriously though, if you are a fan of the franchise, you might either hate it, love it, or something in between.
Angry Joe however, seem to be quite displeased with it (Might contain spoilers.).
I get why he's upset, but at the same time.. I think he's overreacting a bit much.

I'm not very good at pointing out selling points for stuff like this, which you may ahve noticed by now.

edit: To summarize (without spoilers).. It is a direct sequel to Prometheus (2012 film). So if you disliked that movie, you will likely dislike this one as well (maybe).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:26:13 am by Ultimuh »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 08:01:16 pm »

I suppose it depends on whether you treat Prometheus as an actual Alien-series member, only part of the Alien franchise like the reboot Star Treks are to the original sequence, or exactly as in-universe as Scary Movie was to Scream....  ;)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 03:14:06 pm »

Saw homecoming recently. We'll probably go back to see it in 3D.

I would really like to see him be an in between the MCU and the Sony spider verse because you definitely feel like he's that power character that needs just a little bit more space even if just cameos over there.

I love how nobody believed Spider-Man would come to the MCU it's so awesome :DDD
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 11:23:28 pm »

Saw Dunkirk. My local movie theater decided to play it at realistic volume.

Found it odd the pilot torched his plane after gliding it all that way. Was he seriously unable to make it back to Allied territory in all that time? Must have been hours.

Felt like most of the movie was watching that one guy board boats that sink. Kind of tiresome, really.
(But the fourth one stayed afloat! And that's what you're going to get, son! The strongest boat in all Dunkirk!)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:10:46 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 02:15:33 am »

Saw Dunkirk. My local movie theater decided to play it at realistic volume.

Found it odd the pilot torched his plane after gliding it all that way. Was he seriously unable to make it back to Allied territory in all that time? Must have been hours.

Felt like most of the movie was watching that one guy board boats that sink. Kind of tiresome, really.
(But the fourth one stayed afloat! And that's what you're going to get, son! The strongest boat in all Dunkirk!)
Mine too. The air to ground attacks were suitably terrifying because of that, I felt.

Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)

I highly recommend Dunkirk.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2017, 09:26:15 pm »

The gunshots at the beginning seemed loudest. Then again, I started plugging my ears after that to prevent hearing damage.

Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Well, it's about 40 miles from Dunkirk to the other side English Channel. He was gliding from maybe afternoon until almost sunset. Let's call it 2-4 hours. He had to be maintaining around 100-200 mph speed to remain airborne.

Consulting a map, though, it looks like he was heading the wrong way. With the sun setting over the ocean, he was heading north, deeper into enemy occupied territory (the Netherlands.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:33:07 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 09:29:27 pm »

Dang, Dunkirk is definitely a film that benefits from being seen on big screen. When the bass is so deep every bomb dropped shakes your lungs, the fucking dive of the stuka bombers, pure kino

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2017, 01:46:13 am »

-snip-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3]